Console: Multiplatform
Title: Halland
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zeila

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zeila

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

LH first:
m8 b3 - I think the harp is nigh-inaudible for the first 2 notes of it here and would recommend replacing it with the F# played by the main voice before going back to the harp notes written on b3.5.
m15 - I don't hear any E here, just the F# held for an 8th.
m45b1 - I  hear the D an octave higher here
same in m50/51 b1
m53 b1 is a G, higher than it is now, same in m54
m56 b3 - note here is an A, not tied from the C#

RH time
-m5 - I'd recommend inverting this so the extra strong F# is on top
-m11 - I don't hear any grace notes here ... unless the quarter was supposed to be tied to it?
-m16 - I don't hear the octave harmony you have here, just the top 2 notes
-Not sure where the notes at the end of m16 are coming from either. Those just sound like extra strong harp plucks and don't happen all in a row like you have them.
-m26 b1 - I hear the D on top here, just lift it an octave
-Same deal in m30
-Same deal in m34, but here you could just add the D on top instead of inverting
-Opposite deal in m47, I hear the top note of the chord as an A
-No roll in m54?

General:
It might be implied, but some direction to use pedal would be nice

This song really reminds me of the work of Kensuke Ushio and his favorite artists. This is one of the songs that came to mind:

Zeila

Quote from: LeviR.star on November 02, 2020, 07:20:45 AMAnd this just made mine :o
:D I'm glad c:

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 24, 2020, 03:19:13 PMLH first:
m8 b3 - I think the harp is nigh-inaudible for the first 2 notes of it here and would recommend replacing it with the F# played by the main voice before going back to the harp notes written on b3.5.
I would rather have the first two harp notes over the D on top, but I added an F# on top on another layer then since it's possible to do both

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 24, 2020, 03:19:13 PMm45b1 - I  hear the D an octave higher here
I still hear it lower, maybe the octaves are doubled? I'll leave it as is for now until someone else chimes in

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 24, 2020, 03:19:13 PM-m11 - I don't hear any grace notes here ... unless the quarter was supposed to be tied to it?
I missed that there was no restrike, so I just tied it now

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 24, 2020, 03:19:13 PM-m16 - I don't hear the octave harmony you have here, just the top 2 notes
I still hear the lower C#

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 24, 2020, 03:19:13 PM-Not sure where the notes at the end of m16 are coming from either. Those just sound like extra strong harp plucks and don't happen all in a row like you have them.
It kind of sounds like the piano also doubles it on beat 4, but if it's that ambiguous (or if I'm just imagining it...) then I'll just take it out

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 24, 2020, 03:19:13 PM-m26 b1 - I hear the D on top here, just lift it an octave
-Same deal in m30
-Same deal in m34, but here you could just add the D on top instead of inverting
I only hear it at it's current spot instead of up an octave. The only note that might be on top is an A (for measure 26) and that isn't very clear to me

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 24, 2020, 03:19:13 PMm15 - I don't hear any E here, just the F# held for an 8th.
same in m50/51 b1 (LH)
m53 b1 is a G, higher than it is now, same in m54
m56 b3 - note here is an A, not tied from the C#
-m5 - I'd recommend inverting this so the extra strong F# is on top
-Opposite deal in m47, I hear the top note of the chord as an A
-No roll in m54?
It might be implied, but some direction to use pedal would be nice
Done, thanks!

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 24, 2020, 03:19:13 PMThis song really reminds me of the work of Kensuke Ushio and his favorite artists. This is one of the songs that came to mind:
~snip~
I can see the resemblance, and it's a nice song

Maelstrom

m19 needs the tie to the grace note too.
-m26 - upon a relisten, I think it's an overtone I was hearing stronger than it is. It's there, but it's not a piano note being struck so it's better to just leave it out.

For the next updater:
m45b1 - I  hear the D an octave higher here
-m16 - I don't hear the octave harmony you have here, just the top 2 notes

With that, I'll give it my seal of approval for the next updater to look at.

Libera

Overall this looks pretty good, but in the section 25-48 I'm hearing a fair number of different/missing notes and voicings.  Such is the nature of resonanty (tm) solo piano I guess.

-Missing a D below the RH F# in bar 29/37.
-Missing a D above the RH in bar 30/34/38.
-I think missing another D below the RH one in bar 32.
-I think missing a D between the B and F# in bar 33.  (Why are these all Ds haha?)
-Missing a C# above the E in the left hand and an A above the F# in the right hand of bar 35.  Also I think the C# in the right hand might not be there and it's just the lower one.
-Missing a G between the two Ds in bar 40.
-I think missing a D above the left hand one in bar 41.
-I think the F# in bar 42 on beat 1 is actually an octave lower (i.e. in the left hand).
-I think missing a D above the left hand D in bar 45.
-Missing an E above the left hand C# in bar 46 and I think the C# in the right hand isn't there.
-I think missing a G above the C# in the left hand of bar 47.
-The D on top of beat 3 in bar 47 should be an octave lower.

Other things:

-Instead of using accents, I think it would be a better idea to notate the low piano notes in bars 17-24 as separate layer.  I think that would get across the idea more clearly and is visually more striking than accents.
-With that in mind I would also recommend moving the semibreve Gs in the left hand of bars 14 and 22 into the right hand.  That's how someone would probably play it also.

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 07, 2021, 01:16:39 PM-m16 - I don't hear the octave harmony you have here, just the top 2 notes

I agree with this.  The other thing you mentioned I also commented on somewhere in the big chunk above.

Zeila

Quote from: Libera on January 15, 2021, 03:26:56 PM-I think missing a D between the B and F# in bar 33.  (Why are these all Ds haha?)
I kept listening to it and I think it's actually an octave above the LH (and yeah most of these were D's... I guess it's because they were doubled up)

Quote from: Libera on January 15, 2021, 03:26:56 PM-Missing an E above the left hand C# in bar 46 and I think the C# in the right hand isn't there.
-I think missing a G above the C# in the left hand of bar 47.
-The D on top of beat 3 in bar 47 should be an octave lower.
The numbers for these were off by one? But anyways, I fixed everything except the C# on beat 1 of measure 47 since that's what the harp plays after the D from beat 3 of the previous measure

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 24, 2020, 03:19:13 PM-m16 - I don't hear the octave harmony you have here, just the top 2 notes
Quote from: Maelstrom on January 07, 2021, 01:16:39 PMm19 needs the tie to the grace note too.
Quote from: Libera on January 15, 2021, 03:26:56 PM-Missing a D below the RH F# in bar 29/37.
-Missing a D above the RH in bar 30/34/38.
-I think missing another D below the RH one in bar 32.
-Missing a C# above the E in the left hand and an A above the F# in the right hand of bar 35.  Also I think the C# in the right hand might not be there and it's just the lower one.
-Missing a G between the two Ds in bar 40.
-I think missing a D above the left hand one in bar 41.
-I think the F# in bar 42 on beat 1 is actually an octave lower (i.e. in the left hand).
-I think missing a D above the left hand D in bar 45.
-Instead of using accents, I think it would be a better idea to notate the low piano notes in bars 17-24 as separate layer.  I think that would get across the idea more clearly and is visually more striking than accents.
-With that in mind I would also recommend moving the semibreve Gs in the left hand of bars 14 and 22 into the right hand.  That's how someone would probably play it also.
Updated, thanks!

Libera

All the changes look good.  One final thing:

I don't think the notation used in the right hand of bars 11 and 19 is very clear.  The fact that the grace is then slurred onto the E is even more confusing I feel.  I'd either ignore the detailed rhythm or notate it normally (approximately is fine).

Zeila

If by notating it normally you just mean under their default note positions, then I feel that is also confusing. I just took the grace notes out

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot