Game: Genshin Impact
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Pure Sky
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Kaphita

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kaphita

YouTube Link:

It's definitely playable as is; I've recorded a cover but just haven't uploaded it to youtube yet lol.

Prob the most questionable part is the LH bracketing in m13-20? It works, but it just might not be the most efficient—depending on whether you prefer disjointed diads on the LH, vs. big (but relatively slow) jumps with the RH.

Thanks for your time! ^^

The Deku Trombonist

I was arranging this track I would do something a little different at measure 13.

The reason I would do it this way is not for playability, but for the colour. Having the notes of the middle voice repeated again one note later in the lower voice creates a slightly more strident sound. For my taste it's just a little bit too much and I think that the sound of the more sparse version I posted above better reflects the mood and timbre of the original.

It's your arrangement, so it's up to you how you want to go about it but hopefully there's some food for thought.

Kaphita

Yeah, that makes sense. Lat independently suggested a similar thing actually :P

So for similar measures (13, 15, 17, 19), I'll just do this then.

You cannot view this attachment.

(edit: resized image to not be humongous)

Latios212

Made those edits for you :)

I've chatted with Kaphita about this one privately and think it's good to go now.

One food for thought though: m. 24 does a D>C# resolution but the D doesn't really fit on beat 1 with the current chord. I think it works as is, but wasn't really sure what to do there.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

The Deku Trombonist

You could just replace the C# in the RH with a D if you wanted but I agree that it sounds good as-is. The addition of the D just creates another suspension and since there is already a suspension in the melody, it already has that suspension-y sound.

Kaphita

Right, that makes sense. In theory I could put an arpeggio A2 > D4, but it doesn't really add much and doesn't really line up with the difficulty of the rest of the arrangement—plus as you said Deku, the RH already has a suspension.

I'm not really sure what the procedure is from here since this is my first submission, but I'm happy with it as is! Let me know if there's anything else I need to do. Thanks for the help! :)

mastersuperfan

Really nice! Just a few things:
- Move the Layer 2 rests in m13/16/17/19 up onto the center of the staff.
- I would space the systems out more so that there are four systems on page 1 and three on page 2. Page 1 is a little bit cramped right now and you have plenty of space to move things around.
- You could add some more notes to the LH m13-20 to follow the low strings on beats 2/2.5, but if you've tried it that way and prefer it as is, that's good too. Never mind, it looks like this is what Deku suggested against.
- Does the track loop in-game?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Kaphita

Thank you :))

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 20, 2020, 05:42:19 PMMove the Layer 2 rests in m13/16/17/19 up onto the center of the staff.
Alright! You mean to the default location, all the way to the center? Also what's generally the convention on this? Cuz Lat told me to move it down earlier lol :P

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 20, 2020, 05:42:19 PMI would space the systems out more so that there are four systems on page 1 and three on page 2. Page 1 is a little bit cramped right now and you have plenty of space to move things around.
Sounds good, will do!

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 20, 2020, 05:42:19 PMDoes the track loop in-game?
Nope, it's kinda like BotW in which certain tracks kinda just randomly play depending on where you are in game. It ends on the sus chord, which I didn't like at first, but I've gradually warmed up to haha. (Also... the lick :0)

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Kaphita on November 20, 2020, 10:11:34 PMAlright! You mean to the default location, all the way to the center? Also what's generally the convention on this? Cuz Lat told me to move it down earlier lol :P

Oh. I just move it up when Layer 1 looks like it's far enough away that it won't look uncomfortable with a rest in the center of the staff (and yes, default location). I guess you could probably go with preference here.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Yep that's what I normally do too, but here the lower layer starts so far off the staff (at least in 13/15/17) that I think it makes more sense to align the rest with the beginning of the line rather than have a sharp vertical drop between beats 1-1.5.

That said, either way is fine really and I'll leave it up to you (Kaphita) to confirm what you want :P I updated the files with the page layout, happy to update the files again with the rest positions if needed.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kaphita

Was indecisive so I found the answer in Behind Bars :)

The spaced layout looks a lot more comfortable now though, thanks! Anything else?

You cannot view this attachment.

mastersuperfan

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by mastersuperfan.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot