Game: Sonic & Knuckles
Console: Sega Genesis
Title: Act 1 Boss
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Absolute banger.

Haven't seen an official name for this track, so I went with what made the most sense.

mastersuperfan

Oh man, that LH looks a little too crazy. I would just change it to alternating 8th notes the whole way through instead of 16th-note pairs. I don't even know if that's humanly possible, and it would still probably be way too exhausting.

On the bright side, this means you can fit the whole sheet on one page. It's a little bit of a tight fit, but you'll also have more space if you're willing to move the title and composer/arranger info up.
large image
[close]

A few other things:
- Not sure about the playability of RH beat 4 for m2-8. Maybe consider removing one or both of the sixteenth notes at the end? Another updater can weigh in on this too once I'm done checking.
- m10/14 RH beat 2 seems very difficult to play, not just because it's a tenth but also because the RH has to go up to the F right after. I would suggest either moving the A an octave up or replacing it with a different note as a substitute.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 01, 2021, 08:22:53 PM- Not sure about the playability of RH beat 4 for m2-8. Maybe consider removing one or both of the sixteenth notes at the end? Another updater can weigh in on this too once I'm done checking.
I'll go ahead and take off the last sixteenth note just in case.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 01, 2021, 08:22:53 PM- m10/14 RH beat 2 seems very difficult to play, not just because it's a tenth but also because the RH has to go up to the F right after. I would suggest either moving the A an octave up or replacing it with a different note as a substitute.
That's... not as easy to do, since it's the main melody. I don't think it would really work if I moved the A up an octave. But, I'm also at a loss as to what I could do to that arpeggio figure either. Any suggestions?

mastersuperfan

Hmm... on second thought, I think it might be fine as is. If you wanted to (but not necessary), you could parenthesize the C in layer 1 so that it's indicated as optional for anyone who can't reach a 10th (read: me). The jump from beat 2 to 2.5 is hard but doable, I think.

So I'll approve this one for now. The next updater who looks on this can comment on the playability of m10 if they want.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

Here's my solution:
Put the C in parentheses, and do nothing else. The first half of the song is only playable with a ped so the performer could totally play  both notes quickly and use the ped to smooth them out. However, since not every performer can play a 10th, the C should have parentheses so they know which note to prioritize, as the melody line not be obvious to someone who hasn't heard the original song.

Everything else looks great.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 14, 2021, 04:23:22 PMPut the C in parentheses, and do nothing else. The first half of the song is only playable with a ped so the performer could totally play  both notes quickly and use the ped to smooth them out. However, since not every performer can play a 10th, the C should have parentheses so they know which note to prioritize, as the melody line not be obvious to someone who hasn't heard the original song.
Well, I suppose that's a fairly easy solution. Fixed.

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot