News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Rate the Game - Voting Topic - Game # 11 - Star Fox 64

Started by kotorfanboy, August 13, 2008, 07:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PseudoMario16

original- 9.9
melee- 9.0
brawl- 8.9

i gotta say- the original was by far the best the only thing that really couldve been better was more people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

SuperFireKirby

Original-9.3

It was amazing for a very,very low-budget game. It's good but not the best of the three.

Melee-9.8

An almost perfect game. It added many new gameplay modes, much better and complex yet simple fighting, twice as many characters, and event matches which kept thing entertaining since it's nearly impossible to beat all of them.

Brawl- 9.5

A very good game over all. The subspace emissary was great with it's scroll by action that took hours to beat. Lots of fun bosses. an improved version of break the targets. New characters that are just plain awsome. And 128 challenges waiting to be beaten, as well as a stage creator and tons of new fun levels. So why did it get a lower score than melee? First of all there's no added special brawl features, online mode sucks, not much was changed to the fighting except mainly for the smashball. Plus Final Smashes are very unbalanced, and level creator is very limited.

These are my scores and my reasons.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

PseudoMario16

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 11, 2008, 11:31:53 AMOriginal-9.3

It was amazing for a very,very low-budget game. It's good but not the best of the three.

Melee-9.8

An almost perfect game. It added many new gameplay modes, much better and complex yet simple fighting, twice as many characters, and event matches which kept thing entertaining since it's nearly impossible to beat all of them.

Brawl- 9.5

A very good game over all. The subspace emissary was great with it's scroll by action that took hours to beat. Lots of fun bosses. an improved version of break the targets. New characters that are just plain awsome. And 128 challenges waiting to be beaten, as well as a stage creator and tons of new fun levels. So why did it get a lower score than melee? First of all there's no added special brawl features, online mode sucks, not much was changed to the fighting except mainly for the smashball. Plus Final Smashes are very unbalanced, and level creator is very limited.

These are my scores and my reasons.
improved??? ive gotta say, i think the brawl break the targets were very much, uh... deproved. i liked it better when everyone had their own break the targets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

iDOWN

SuperFireKirby

musicguy360

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 12, 2008, 02:49:12 PMI tried that at least a million and a half times.

I've beaten it.  It's easy after you get the hang of it.

kotorfanboy

Original - 8.9125 based on 8 votes
Melee - 9.394 (4 continued) based on 9 votes
Brawl - 9.41 (1 continued) based on 9 votes

I'll change the games sometime tonight or tomorrow.

SuMa

Original 9.0
- There contains a technique to cancel the lag after landing on the ground when doing an attack in the air and then landing, you press Z when you land and cancel the LAG ANIMATION this way you can do something like, short hop (jumping short to the opponent) do fox neutral air attack (the air kick) do a fast fall (to fall fast,lol) and then cancel the lag for fox to stand up

This is a very important way of attacking and its a good competetive game

Melee 10
- Nobody really understands this game, it isnt special from the 1-Player part (Trophy collecting, Story)
But this game is byfar, the most indescribable game ever created
The Techniques of attacking the opponent is so widely ranged, no beginner who doesnt know what Wavedashing is or why its useful would understand it

Why is the game so deep? Because there is no limit in getting smarter in gameplay
The key to winning is
Combos (Technical Skills and knowledge how to do them)
Mindgames (Tricking your opponent or overwhelming him by prediction)
Patience (Observe how your opponent plays and react to it)
Combo and Mindgame ability using Platform slides to attack

Its the deepest and most interesting game ever

Brawl - 6.0
The 1 Player mode is very very fun the cutscenes are amazing
The Game physics when playing against each other is probably the most slowest or most annoying ever

Many Attacks paralyze you and theres no way in defending it, spam overwhelms anything you do and overpowered attacks are in the game also
its tedious and annoying most of the times

You can play it for fun but it gets boring quickly as there are no mindgames that you can do because random attacks work best

kotorfanboy

Original - 8.92 (2 continued) based on 9 votes
Melee - 9.455 based on 10 votes
Brawl - 9.07 based on 10 votes.

Voting is now closed, new game up momentarily

kotorfanboy

New game:

Super Mario Galaxy

My vote: none, because although I've started to play it I haven't gotten very far at all and haven't played it in a while.

Dude

Flash Man

acropol

SMG = 8.8

it was great overall.. but... it felt like a chore collecting the last stars, replaying the levels with the 'comets' yeaaa.. lol

FallenPianist

8.5 good game, but wayyyyyy  easy (except the comets thing at the end)