News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[NES] Mega Man - "Ending" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, November 28, 2020, 02:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Ending
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

hey it's that thing that's not pollyanna or snow halation

- Last LH eighth note of m. 6 is an F#
- I think the slur between m. 7-8 would look better under instead of over the notes
- Half note in m. 9 should be stemmed upwards
- I think the Cx's in m. 15/17/23/25 should be Dn's
- I think the first grace note in m. 28 should be D# instead of Dx
- I'd suggest changing the keysig to 3 sharps earlier, at m. 30.
- I think the lower staff A in m. 46 is actually struck twice - on beat 1 and 1.5?
- Similarly, not sure if the notes are restruck instead of tied in m. 49... leaning towards yes
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on December 26, 2020, 01:02:48 PMhey it's that thing that's not pollyanna or snow halation

- Last LH eighth note of m. 6 is an F#
- I think the slur between m. 7-8 would look better under instead of over the notes
- Half note in m. 9 should be stemmed upwards
- I think the Cx's in m. 15/17/23/25 should be Dn's
- I think the first grace note in m. 28 should be D# instead of Dx
- I'd suggest changing the keysig to 3 sharps earlier, at m. 30.
- I think the lower staff A in m. 46 is actually struck twice - on beat 1 and 1.5?
- Similarly, not sure if the notes are restruck instead of tied in m. 49... leaning towards yes

- nice catch. I'm not a fan of how that sounds, but the song is always right
- whatever you say. I can go with either
- another nice catch -- and I thought I had the LH in tip-top shape
- then I'll go ahead and take care of the C double-sharps before those, too
- you're right! Fixed that
- I had a feeling this was going to be the case, I had second thoughts on it after submitting the sheet. That transition later on really solidifies the key, and that's what tricked me
- what you're hearing is Pulse 2 channel (bottom harmony of RH) overlapping with the Triangle (LH). Since they're on top of each other, I decided to place priority over the triangle; the only exceptions to this are beat 4.5 of m. 48, and m. 53, where I marked the accompanying voice's A with parentheses

Files are updated.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on December 26, 2020, 01:02:48 PM- I think the Cx's in m. 15/17/23/25 should be Dn's
Quote from: LeviR.star on December 26, 2020, 07:20:30 PM- then I'll go ahead and take care of the C double-sharps before those, too
Not in m. 11 :) Check the spelling of the other notes present in these places. Measure 11's chord is outlined by A# on the bottom and E# on the top, so Cx would make it an A# major chord. Measure 15 and the ones following it have an F# in the bass and B on top - D natural would make that a simple B minor over F#. Another way to think about it is that measures 14 and 16 are a simple F# major chord, and the C# from it moves to and from its chromatic neighboring tone - the minor sixth Dn.

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 26, 2020, 07:20:30 PM- what you're hearing is Pulse 2 channel (bottom harmony of RH) overlapping with the Triangle (LH). Since they're on top of each other, I decided to place priority over the triangle; the only exceptions to this are beat 4.5 of m. 48, and m. 53, where I marked the accompanying voice's A with parentheses
Sounds good

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on December 27, 2020, 12:41:05 PMNot in m. 11 :) Check the spelling of the other notes present in these places. Measure 11's chord is outlined by A# on the bottom and E# on the top, so Cx would make it an A# major chord. Measure 15 and the ones following it have an F# in the bass and B on top - D natural would make that a simple B minor over F#. Another way to think about it is that measures 14 and 16 are a simple F# major chord, and the C# from it moves to and from its chromatic neighboring tone - the minor sixth Dn.

Noted, and fixed these points.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Just some small things from me:

-The 'twinkling' indication in the final bar should be entered as an expression rather than text.  (This doesn't actually affect how the sheet looks but it's better practice to do it like this.)
-The con pedale and senza pedale should be aligned to beat 1 of their respective bars rather than the start of the staff.
-The tempo marking in bar 13 could be a bit lower (along with the 8va).  At the moment it's half way between the two systems.

Everything else looks great, nice job.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on January 09, 2021, 03:13:16 PM-The 'twinkling' indication in the final bar should be entered as an expression rather than text.  (This doesn't actually affect how the sheet looks but it's better practice to do it like this.)

I had it that way before, but the expression shrunk down in respect to the size of the notes. Any way I can fix this?

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on January 09, 2021, 03:13:16 PMJust some small things from me:

-The 'twinkling' indication in the final bar should be entered as an expression rather than text.  (This doesn't actually affect how the sheet looks but it's better practice to do it like this.)
-The con pedale and senza pedale should be aligned to beat 1 of their respective bars rather than the start of the staff.
-The tempo marking in bar 13 could be a bit lower (along with the 8va).  At the moment it's half way between the two systems.

Everything else looks great, nice job.

- since it shrinks as an expression, I'll keep this particular indication as text
- sure thing, but the senza pedalecan only move so far to the right, as it's pretty close to the (triangle tom) note
- moving that down

Files updated!

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 09, 2021, 03:22:25 PMI had it that way before, but the expression shrunk down in respect to the size of the notes. Any way I can fix this?

Ah I see now why you had it as text.  But the answer is yes, this can be fixed!  Right click on the expression and select 'Edit Expression Assignment' and then untick 'Scale Expression with Attached Note'.  I think it's set up that way by default since there are a lot of expressions/articulations that you would want to scale with the size of the note, but not this one.

Other stuff looks good.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on January 10, 2021, 09:32:02 AMAh I see now why you had it as text.  But the answer is yes, this can be fixed!  Right click on the expression and select 'Edit Expression Assignment' and then untick 'Scale Expression with Attached Note'.  I think it's set up that way by default since there are a lot of expressions/articulations that you would want to scale with the size of the note, but not this one.

Did this and updated!

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot