Series: Other
Game: Demon's Crest
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Dance of the Snowy Barrens
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Atcero

[attachment deleted by admin]

Atcero

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Some feedback:
- I think the E in m. 4 beat 1.75 (the fourth note) should be an octave up as it's a continuation of the melody of the first few notes
- Since m. 5+ is in 6/8, the tempo should be notated with dotted quarter = number
- In m. 13/15 RH, it should be F underneath the C's, not Eb
- For m. 21-22 LH (and similar places), bend the tie downwards (i.e. away from the upper note which is not tied).
- I think m. 37-40 should actually be in 2/4. The rhythm isn't quite right as you have it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

Thank you! I got it all fixed except for the rhythm part, that will probably take me a bit to get down exactly cause you're right, its not quite the right rhythm.
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

I think it sounds like this:

You cannot view this attachment.

edit: that quarter note should probably be a rest instead

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

Thank you! That's almost it but not quite. There is a longer pause after the first measure going into the second one unless the tempo is messed up a bit. I tried around with a few different speeds but its not quite there. I'll fiddle with it more but its not quite that unless a fermata is used, which it doesnt sound right on musescore but might work in finale better.

Edit: It was a tempo issue, just had to drop it a lot lower than I originally thought.

Spoiler
[close]

Atcero

I had to use a few tempo changes to get it correct so if there is a better way please let me know. Otherwise I believe I fixed everything!

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Yeah, I think the tempo changes are appropriate - I'll double check them. But I meant only 37-40 to be in 2/4 - the rest of the measures should stay in 6/8 as it was before.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

Sounds good, I have it all updated except for the ties as I dont believe I can flip them in Finale. They were correct in musescore so they just didnt want to export nicely.

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

About the tempo marking: I think the piece stays in 125 BPM throughout (aside from the rit. in m. 4) even as the piece changes between 2/4 and 6/8 time. If you keep tapping to the beat through the m. 37-40 section, it stays consistent. Thus, the best way to denote the transition between these parts is to use a (dotted quarter = quarter) marking or vice versa to show that the tempo stays the same but the subdivision changes. Let me know if you need more explanation on that.

Quote from: Atcero on January 10, 2021, 10:11:39 AMSounds good, I have it all updated except for the ties as I dont believe I can flip them in Finale. They were correct in musescore so they just didnt want to export nicely.
No worries, got that for you (and the tempos) as well as the usual formatting stuff. Other stuff I adjusted:
- m. 37/39 were missing the quarter rest on beat 2 of layer 2
- m. 38/40 were supposed to have a quarter rest on beat 1 of the LH
- the crescendo in m. 36 didn't lead to a new dynamic in m. 37, so I added a mf there

If all looks good to you, I approve :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

RH:
I hear this for m19:

That's it, nice work.

Fix this and approve lat's changes and I'll accept it.

Maelstrom

Talked it over with atcero on discord. Will accept as soon as I update the files.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot