[3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - "In a Silver Garden with You" by Libera

Started by Zeta, December 02, 2020, 09:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: In a Silver Garden with You
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Finally got around to fixing up one of my really early sheets.

Latios212

Glad to see this one!

- The dotted eighth in m. 11 beat 2.5, you have that rhythm written in m. 26 as an eighth-tied-quarter, is it intentionally different here?
- Beat 2.5 of m. 15 RH misaligned
- I think the eighth rest at the beginning of m. 14 should be shown
- I would recommend flipping beats 2/3 of m. 15 LH normally so the beam doesn't have to go so far below the staff
- m. 20 beat 1 sounds to me more like the melody is playing A (rather than an E octave).
- The melody in m. 22-23 sounds like A-B-G-E-A (like in the following few measures, the main motif of the game, right?) before the suspension resolves, and is lost in the chords you currently have written.
- I think m. 25 may be easier to read as an eighth tied to a half.
- You can make the top margin on page 2 match that of page 1
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

New files up and hopefully I've addressed your points, although I still hear bar 20 as I wrote it (and it matches bar 16).

Latios212

Cool, I'll approve given whoever looks at this next can take a quick look and double check that :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I can see a reasoning for not having a pickup measure because of the repeat, but it would honestly look cleaner if it was just a pickup measure honestly.

Everything else is fantastic, as expected. Great sheet.

Libera

I see what you mean, but also the repeat does perfectly have two beats silence after the held note before the piano comes in again so this made sense to me.  This way it is also clear that there should be a decent amount of silence between the final note and starting again, which isn't completely obvious if we leave out the starting two rests.  I did move the pedal marking back to the start of the bar which I think looks a lot tidier now.

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 08, 2021, 11:05:52 AMEverything else is fantastic, as expected. Great sheet.

Thank you! :)  And thanks for checking.

Maelstrom

Zeta