News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Official Kotor MMO topic

Started by kotorfanboy, August 13, 2008, 09:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotorfanboy

So as the kotorfanboy, I decided that I would take the initiative to make the official kotor mmo topic. Information is scarce (even bioware.com refuses to rename its unnamed MMO project to kotor mmo) but any ideas about the game or news people have is welcomed to be posted here.

Pearcinator

I know nothing about it.

To be honest...im disappointed, since theres bound to be a monthly fee and i never buy MMOs that have a monthly fee. Its also going to be a grind-a-thon and i just hope they dont ruin the wonderful story of KOTOR. (I havnt played Kotor 2 but the 1st 1 was kickass!)

I just want Bioware to put a hold on this Kotor MMO and either finish off Mass Effect 2 and 3 and they should also make a Kotor 3 (not MMO)

Im still gonna give it a shot since Bioware is one of the most awesome game developers out there, just behind Nintendo and Valve in my books.

acropol

well, atleast it's not made by sony lol

kotorfanboy

Well they said there will be a mass effect trilogy so that will come around eventually. I hope bioware makes kotor mmo and kotor 3 and it is likely, because if you go to their website under in development, they have an mmo project and a lucasarts collaboratve project, so
I think the latter is kotor 3, and the mmo is kotor mmo.

acropol

it could be a Baldur's Gate mmo :)

or Neverwinter Nights

kotorfanboy

Quote from: acropol on August 14, 2008, 10:24:58 AMit could be a Baldur's Gate mmo :)

or Neverwinter Nights

Well the EA CEO said that it was a kotor mmo, and I doubt that he would lie (but I guess anything is possible). Bioware has not made any comment. When they do I'll post it here.

Anyway, here's the question I pose: Should the next kotor game have the same sort of turn-based, d&d based combat, or a combat system more like Mass Effect?

Harvest

The Mass Effect combat system is so much better imo.

and please don't make a stupid mmo.
-

kotorfanboy

Quote from: Harvest on August 14, 2008, 02:38:14 PMThe Mass Effect combat system is so much better imo.

and please don't make a stupid mmo.

Well it better be good because they have dedicated a lot of time towards it (and it still has another year in development I think) and they opened up a special studio JUST for its development. But they're Bioware so I doubt it will be a letdown.

Here's the link: http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/press_releases/2006_03_15_Austin/

(lol under "for more information, contact" section I could have sworn it said chuck norris)

Pearcinator

Mass Effect combat system would b good. But make it even better for lightsabres, cos they r the biggest thing in Kotor. Guns take a 2nd place in Kotor.

kotorfanboy

So I read that the kotor mmo and kotor 3 are the same game  :'(. That means no console sequel to kotor 2 (as of now)

Pearcinator

*groan* as much as i love Bioware (and i really do) i just cant stand MMOs. They r in the past now and i am definitely NOT paying monthly fees cos they suck! If it were more like Guild Wars where u just buy the game and no monthly fees (i think? i dunno cos ive never played it) then it would b awesome.

kotorfanboy

As for the combat system, the traditional kotor battle system should be kept, so it fits in with the rest of the games, but there definitely is room for more modern updates

kotorfanboy

So I'm really bumping this topic, but kotor is worth it.

I found this site about kotor mmo, it's a wiki site that people can edit the info they know about the game on the site.

http://kotor.mmolab.com/index.php/Main_Page

Pearcinator

Bring out Mass Effect 2 and 3 (as its a trilogy they say and its an awesome single-player game). THEN bring out ur kotor mmo but i just dont think itll work out that well. It would b cool 2 see evry1 training at the jedi council but stupid 2 see evry1 doing the same missions for them. Its gonna turn into a mmo like wow and the others with no story...just a whole lotta quests and grinding on giant rats. Also its gonna have monthly fees as Bioware wont turn away from the possibility of lotsa money (unlike valve who have enough neway).

Im not into online that much...its good for a while but after that it just gets boring and u begin 2 wonder y u r wasting so much of ur life on grinding for the sake of being able 2 kill that level 46 dragon who has a 1/1000000 chance of dropping the super rare lightsaber thats does +30 attack. Or u could sell it for $100 bn in virtual cash which u just use for further grinding. Its 1 big loop....i know since i used 2 play Runescape for 1 and a 1/2 yrs. Biggest waste of time...

just my two cents on MMOs

kotorfanboy

If bioware is as smart as I hope they are, then they'll bring a little something to this one. Make an MMO with actual strategy when you fight, and a level cap that isn't insanely long to reach.

Also, I bet they could put in a cinematic story that would rival that of the games. I mean, Bioware masters in the nuances of the story, which could probably be implemented in an MMO just as effective as in a console game.