News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[PS1] Chrono Cross - "Dimensional Breach (The Bend of Time)" by Latios212

Started by Zeta, December 06, 2020, 05:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Chrono
Game: Chrono Cross
Console: PlayStation
Title: Dimensional Breach (The Bend of Time)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

One of my favorite simple soothing tracks. ;D

Note: I'm really not sure what to name tracks from Chrono Cross as I see rather different naming conventions used here and there. For this track in particular:
- The title I commonly see (with my limited knowledge of the game) is "Dimension Breach"/"Dimensional Breach"
- The Japanese title "次元の狭間" is translated in places like here and here to "A Narrow Space Between Dimensions"
- The recent official English release here and here has it listed as "The Bend of Time", so I'm tempted to go with that, but it's rather different from both of the above titles which appear to me to be more widely used.

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AcceptedSugar

Oh wow, I could fall asleep listening to that one. So relaxing!

Latios212

Quote from: AcceptedSugar on December 07, 2020, 11:46:07 PMOh wow, I could fall asleep listening to that one. So relaxing!
Yeah it really is ^^ and not something I expected with this track title haha

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

• Regarding the title, I personally like to use Japanese names (or the ones closest to them) because I'm a purist weeb nerd person, but I know for this website we generally prefer official English titles if there are any. With that said, the original album lists it as "The Bend of Time." Because "Dimensional Breach" is such a popular title, and is pretty much a direct translation of the Japanese one, I think both should be included. I'd go with "Dimensional Breach (The Bend of Time)" or vice versa.
  • The chord in m16 LH should also be rolled.
  • m20: There should be an A# on beat 3 (maybe put it in the RH since it resolves down to A in m21).

Maelstrom

I am strongly for including Bend of Time in some way, since that's the name of the actual in-game location

Latios212

"Dimensional Breach (The Bend of Time)" sounds good to me; I've updated it to that. Got the other two things Static mentioned as well!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta