News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Please help me submit my arrangements!

Started by Postoli, January 02, 2021, 07:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Postoli

Hey there,

For the past week I've been familiarising myself with NinSheetMusic Forums, and I currently have 3 arrangements waiting to be uploaded. They are;

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
"Visions"
"Molduga Battle"

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
"War Chronicles"

The issue is that I am a Musescore-Mac user, and as of yet I've been unable to find anyone or anything which could help me convert my scores to .mus files for submission to the NSM Panel.

Below is the Google Drive link to my current scores: (Molduga Battle to appear soon)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HC4-3ESm5dAVoMZC_y48exR9Z_Xp2f8M?usp=sharing

Many thanks to anyone who could possibly help me out! Please let me know if there's another way I should be going about things.

Kricketune54

Hello,

are you able to use Finale Notepad?  I am not a mac user so I'm not sure I understand the barrier you have.  Are you not able to export from musescore on mac?

If that is the case, I can export for you, though I only have finale notepad, so when you do submit it's not going to be perfect (but I'll do my best to get it formatted so the updaters don't have as much to do)

Kricketune54

Here is Visions

Couple things:

I am not sure how to get a rit. to work in Finale, so when you submit these files, the midi is not going to sound correct for the last measure.

Additionally, I am not sure how to do peddle marks in Finale, so whatever carried over when I imported from MuseScore, I made it look a little prettier lol.

Also: NSM does expect the PDF to be from Notepad... something to do with the way PDFs look from that program rather than MuseScore

I would also link your musescore of the sheet in the replies to the submission thread.  As well as a way to show how pedal marks should look.

Postoli

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately Finale Notepad isn't available on Mac so that's the barrier there. Would you say the best way to go about things is submitting the Musescore PDF, the .mus file people in the help tab give me, and the MIDI to the NSM Panel, then reply to that submission with the Musescore link, and then resubmit with the updated PDF and/or .MUS files? Thanks

Kricketune54

Happy to help!

Quote from: Postoli on January 02, 2021, 08:31:31 PMWould you say the best way to go about things is submitting the Musescore PDF, the .mus file people in the help tab give me, and the MIDI to the NSM Panel, then reply to that submission with the Musescore link, and then resubmit with the updated PDF and/or .MUS files?

So far as my understanding, no.  As I said in my previous post the submission upload is kind of expected to have everything from Finale, so you will need help for all of the files.  If you know anything about virtual machines, maybe you can run one on your mac and create a virtual windows os?  Then you could use NotePad there idk if that's the most efficient method.

I would recommend you use the site discord if you aren't already up there when it comes to asking for help; you're going to get a response within minutes there whereas it's a lot less likely someone will reach out on the forum.

I was going to help you with War Chronicles, but I had this error.  If someone has Finale and not Notepad, they should be able to fix this.  I am not sure how to tell Notepad that the snare and piano are the same instrument.

Postoli

Lifesaver - thank you so very much; I had no idea about the Discord server. Hopefully this should mean I can get my arrangements converted more quickly and seamlessly to make it easier for everyone.

Kricketune54

Sure thing!  I figure in the new year it's good to help out a fellow arranger as I was in the same spot just 7 months ago.

Good luck with submissions!

Dekkadeci

For the matter, NinSheetMusic accepts only solo piano and piano duo arrangements, so I don't think this website will accept any version of "War Chronicles" with snare drum in it. Feel free to rewrite it to move all the snare drum notes to piano, though!

EDIT: Ah, my mistake - I only checked your Musescore arrangement just now and didn't previously realize that you wrote only solo piano sheet music for this. Sorry!

Kricketune54

Quote from: Dekkadeci on January 03, 2021, 04:19:43 AMFor the matter, NinSheetMusic accepts only solo piano and piano duo arrangements, so I don't think this website will accept any version of "War Chronicles" with snare drum in it. Feel free to rewrite it to move all the snare drum notes to piano, though!

EDIT: Ah, my mistake - I only checked your Musescore arrangement just now and didn't previously realize that you wrote only solo piano sheet music for this. Sorry!

Are you aware of a way to fix this separation?  Or do they just need to do their MuseScore sheet differently? 

The Dragon Roost Island Sheet comes to mind with the intro hand clap "percussion" but I don't know how you'd do that in a transfer or if that has to be rewritten somehow

Spoiler

[close]