Super Mario Sunshine & Super Mario Galaxy - Sheet Title Discrepancy

Started by ShyYoshiGuy, January 05, 2021, 06:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShyYoshiGuy

Do what you want with this information, but I've found that several (8 out of 15) of the Super Mario Sunshine sheets on site have titles differing from those on the soundtrack in Super Mario 3D All-Stars. I think I've found the right ones, but I'm not 100% sure about the battle ones since they all sound similar, blah blah blah. Check these first, heh. The sheets are:

[On-site name] | [SM3DAS name] | [Arranger(s)]

Delfino Plaza | Isle Delfino | TheMarioPianist
Deep Sea of Mare | Noki Depths | Nacho2420
Sand Bird | Secret Course - Sky and Sea | Musical Toxin
Sludge Plant Battle | Mid-Boss | Musical Toxin
Manta Storm | Phantamanta | E. Gadd Industries
Event & Goal | Event & Race Fanfare | E. Gadd Industries
Delfino Police | Mario on Trial (Movie) | BonusPwnage
F.L.U.D.D. | How to Use FLUDD (Movie) | WiiMan96 & E. Gadd Industries

I did the same for SM64 and they all are a thumbs-up. Not touched Super Mario Galaxy yet.

Edit 1/6/2021: Ok I couldn't resist. Super Mario Galaxy time! (17 out of 38)

A lot of these are small, subtle differences. For example, the only difference on Static's sheet is that he clarified where else it plays. And I know we just had a conversation about some of these, but for the sake of clarity, I've listed everything. Regardless, here's a list of every track listing that isn't 100% identical to how it's listed in Super Mario 3D All-Stars:

[On-site name] | [SM3DAS name] | [Arranger(s)]

Starbit Festival | The Star Festival | The Deku Trombonist
Into the Galaxy | Enter the Galaxy | ALPRAS
Rosalina's Comet Observatory 1, 2 & 3 | Rosalina in the Observatory 1, 2 & 3 | Olimar12345
Space Junk Galaxy | Space Junk Road | Nacho2420
Melty Molten Galaxy (Hell Prominence) | Melty Molten Galaxy | Static (Crossed out because, yeah, it's fine.)
Final Battle | Final Battle with Bowser | ALPRAS
End Title | Super Mario Galaxy | ALPRAS
Prologue | Luma | The Deku Trombonist (Very similar to A Wish, and I can't tell the difference)
The Gate | To the Observatory Grounds 1 | ALPRAS
Observatory Dome | Observation Dome | LeviR.star
Retro Theme 2 | Interlude | Cobraroll
Rainbow Star Theme | Rainbow Mario | B-Kpianist
Bouldergeist | Kingfin | Bloop
Mecha-Bowser | Heavy Metal Mecha-Bowser | musicaXsacra
The Girl's Sadness | Sad Girl | Sebastian

Two more.
Starshroom (arranged by ALPRAS) appears to be the same theme as The Toad Brigade (arranged by iDOWN) without the intro.

Course Clear (arranged by JDMEK5), hilariously enough, is the intro music played when you boot up SM3DAS (in a different key?). At any rate, this theme appears to be from Super Mario Galaxy 2. (I found this out from a YouTube comment. "That hurts, they used smg2 music but don't include the actual game, ouch") (I've been told this is wrong. Whoops. Regardless, this does not appear on the official soundtrack, so there is no "right" track name.)

[Edit later on on 1/6/2021: This is not very relevant to rest of the post, but here's the spreadsheet I used to figure this all out, if you were curious. Don't worry about the second page. As of now, 29 out of SM64's 35 are on site (leaving 6), 16 out of SMS's 58 are on site (leaving 42), and 38 out of SMG's 81 are on site (leaving 43). Let's help E. Gadd out a bit to get more of SMS on site, lol.]
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Radiak488417

This is good info to have! A few of these sheets are already on Yug's NSM Audit and will probably be replaced eventually, but all the others should probably have their titles changed. Also, SMG had an album release, so all of those songs already had confirmed titles before 3D All-Stars (although not all of them are correctly titled on-site).

ShyYoshiGuy

Ok, I'll get to SMG soon then, if they're not all right. Do all the titles listed in the NSM Audit agree with me?
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Latios212

(just pasting this here so it doesn't get lost) In regards to the Sunshine sheets the title changes sound good but I think we should keep "Delifno Plaza" over "Isle Delfino". It seems to be more widely used, and other official releases (such as the Super Mario 25th anniversary CD and Smash) use it as well
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

ShyYoshiGuy

- Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Latios212

Thanks. There's a lot to go through here so we'll post here as we go through it.

For starters, I'm removing "Starshroom" from Super Mario Galaxy (duplicate of "The Toad Brigade"). It's incomplete and less polished.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

The mystery of Retro Theme 1's whereabouts will live on forever...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 06, 2021, 04:49:22 PMThe mystery of Retro Theme 1's whereabouts will live on forever...

There're several retro themes, lol.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 06, 2021, 04:43:38 PMThanks. There's a lot to go through here so we'll post here as we go through it.

For starters, I'm removing "Starshroom" from Super Mario Galaxy (duplicate of "The Toad Brigade"). It's incomplete and less polished.

Cool, cool. Glad my work will be of use.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!