[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Super Mario 2007 (Toy Time Galaxy)" by XiaoMigros

Started by Zeta, January 12, 2021, 03:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Couple things to add on top of MSF's edits above:
- m. 22/30, the LH plays G and C on the last two hits, both higher than written. For ease of playing, I'd just suggest lowering beat 4 to a G.
- LH notes in m. 46 sound like G-A rather than F-G
- Last three notes of m. 58 (and 66) sound like the pitch slides down from E and I think would be better written as E-D-Db
- m. 51 (and the corresponding measures below it), is the LH missing a staccato on beat 3?
- For the triplets in 53 (and the corresponding measures below it) I would recommend adding a slur between the first and second notes of each group to clarify the desired articulation (to match the pitch slide in the original).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Thanks for going over the sheet, your changes sound good to me!

Currently I arrange/transcribe by ears only, but I'm considering learning to use Audacity and other software to improve the quality of my sheets. If I do decide to get more tools I'll make sure to get AudioStretch too, it looks pretty useful :)

Maelstrom

Latios212

Quote from: XiaoMigros on January 19, 2021, 01:00:44 AMCurrently I arrange/transcribe by ears only, but I'm considering learning to use Audacity and other software to improve the quality of my sheets. If I do decide to get more tools I'll make sure to get AudioStretch too, it looks pretty useful :)
It still is ears only, for the most part (i.e. aside from inspecting sequence data from older games to double check yourself). These are just different tools to allow you to hear what's in the original sound file.

And yes, AudioStretch is free! guide link

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

I use the paid iOS version because BandLab doesn't work on my computer lol
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Latios212 on January 19, 2021, 10:22:06 AMIt still is ears only, for the most part
I suppose slowing down a YouTube video is cheating too, but yeah I plan on getting slightly more professional arranging tools soon.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 19, 2021, 10:22:06 AMThese are just different tools to allow you to hear what's in the original sound file.
I've worked with sequenced audio like that before, I wonder what files it needs/what games it can rip

Latios212

Made the edits to MSF's files based on earlier comments, and uploaded to the panel!

Approved :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Just took care of one more thing: moved the start of the 8va in m43 a little more to the left to fully cover the first note.

And that's it! Accepted!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeta