Series: Other
Game: Puyo Puyo
Console: Arcade
Title: Theme of Puyo Puyo
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

In general looks really good.  Some small things from me:

-That is a pretty big stretch in bar 17.  I can play it (just) but many people wouldn't be able to.  You might consider writing in the lower octave as an option in small noteheads or something (although I realise that might be confused with your previous use of small noteheads...).  Maybe there's some other solution here like brackets or a note.
-The harmonies in bars 18-27 are a bit weird: sometimes they sounds like what you've written in and other times not.  I think there might be multiple harmony lines here which may be confusing me.  At any rate, my main point would be that it might be better to include the G#s in bars 19, 23 etc instead of the Bs, just because that way it outlines the harmony of the underlying E chord better.  It also sounds like it goes up to a B on beat 2.5 of bar 21 rather than staying on a G# there, and maybe the harmony drops down to a E at the start of the bar rather than doubling G#?  Honestly it's kind of hard for me to tell with the texture, but maybe something you could double check for me.

LeviR.star

Alright, I addressed Libera's comments over Discord with Static's help. Solved the tricky stretch with small noteheads, and re-wrote the right hand part in measures 18 - 27 entirely. Files are updated, sorry about the wait!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Oh man, my ears do not like this soundfont ><

Just a couple of things I noticed while passing through:
- The indeterminate pitch noteheads you wrote in in m. 13-16 sound more to me like E's rather than B's.
- I don't think the use of the small noteheads for the E#s in m. 17 is clear. As Libera mentioned above it's unclear at a glance how these are different from the rest of the small noteheads you have for the percussive effect. Another thought, is the intention for large-handed people to play all three notes or omit the middle one? If the former, adding the upper E# makes it even more awkward to play. If the latter, that doesn't seem to be implied from what you wrote. My simplifying recommendation would be to just remove the lower E#s altogether.
- The DC's a bit far to the right.

(Small aside, I typically see "bassline" rather than "bass line".)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on March 08, 2021, 08:26:21 PMOh man, my ears do not like this soundfont ><

Just a couple of things I noticed while passing through:
- The indeterminate pitch noteheads you wrote in in m. 13-16 sound more to me like E's rather than B's.
- I don't think the use of the small noteheads for the E#s in m. 17 is clear. As Libera mentioned above it's unclear at a glance how these are different from the rest of the small noteheads you have for the percussive effect. Another thought, is the intention for large-handed people to play all three notes or omit the middle one? If the former, adding the upper E# makes it even more awkward to play. If the latter, that doesn't seem to be implied from what you wrote. My simplifying recommendation would be to just remove the lower E#s altogether.
- The DC's a bit far to the right.

(Small aside, I typically see "bassline" rather than "bass line".)

Did all of this!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

• m21 RH: An E was added to the chords on beats 1-2 to make the harmony sound a bit more full. I know over Discord we decided to leave out the lower notes for an easier sheet, but just adding the E doesn't require much motion from m20.
  • m21 RH: The G# on beat 3.5 was replaced with F#.
  • m23-27 RH: The lowest RH voice starting on beat 3.5 of m23 was changed to D-C#-D-E-D-E-C#-E-D-E-D.

Files have been edited and uploaded. (edit: approved)

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot