Goldenscruff's Arrangements

Started by goldenscruff, January 19, 2021, 04:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenscruff

Hello!
I have recently finished an arrangement of "Friendship" from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for solo Piano.
I would like some critique on the score and help with conversion to a finale score before I post it into the submissions, as I have no experience with Finale what so ever. Also let me know if anyone has current plans on this particular song.

Friendship ~ [PDF] [MIDI] [MSCZ] [MXL] [MUS?] [Original]

I am going to sleep now and will be out most of tomorrow, so I can't respond to questions for a bit. Sorry.

Latios212

Hello, welcome to NinSheetMusic! :)

This is a solid sheet - the pitches, chords, and rhythms look generally correct at a glance. However, I think you have too much of a reliance on small notes to denote the use of secondary voices. Such use is fine on occasion but here you have entire voices including the entirety of the left hand part in places notated as such. The arrangement itself should imply what voices to prioritize, and while everything here is playable on piano it's written in a way that makes it look more like a reduced orchestral transcription rather than a piano arrangement.

Quote from: goldenscruff on January 19, 2021, 04:55:40 AMAlso let me know if anyone has current plans on this particular song.
I actually arranged this myself recently and planned to submit it either this round or next - ended up deciding on next round.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

goldenscruff

I have just updated the (only) pdf and musescore scores.

I'm happy for you to submit your version of the song. This was just a score that I made for myself, (hence the ridiculous voicing work required to play it) and I was only submitting it to see if I could produce a score with good engraving, and to fill in a song that I thought didn't have a score here yet.

Latios212

Quote from: goldenscruff on January 22, 2021, 02:47:30 AMI have just updated the (only) pdf and musescore scores.
Nice, looks better! It's clear you've put thought into how to play the combination of parts - as long as you have tried it out and feel confident that the melody can be enunciated through the voices that are above it, it should make sense.

Quote from: goldenscruff on January 22, 2021, 02:47:30 AMI'm happy for you to submit your version of the song. This was just a score that I made for myself, (hence the ridiculous voicing work required to play it) and I was only submitting it to see if I could produce a score with good engraving, and to fill in a song that I thought didn't have a score here yet.
Sounds good, thanks!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

goldenscruff

I recently did an arrangement of the Pokemon Center from Black and White

Pokemon Center ~ [MUS] [PDF] [Original]

The pdf will obviously need cleaning up before I submit it, but I'm not sure how/can I do that in Finale Notepad