[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - "quotRealm of the Heavens"quot (Replacement) by Maelst

Started by Zeta, January 19, 2021, 04:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Realm of the Heavens
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Latios212

This looks terrific, just a few small comments.
- F in the RH of m. 16 should be F#
- Any reason you forego the beat 4 rhythms in the LH in m. 23/25/27-28 unlike the rest of the piece?
- You could move the systems down a bit on page 2 and the D.C. up a bit.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Everything fixed. There was a reason for why I didn't include them but I've gone over it again and realized it was a bad reason. They're in now, except I simplified the 8th-16th-16th rhythm to 2 8ths. Repeated 16ths are not pleasant at this speed and I did everything in my power to avoid them, so I'm just going to ignore that here. I feel the 8ths provides a sufficient contrast with the RH triplets in these cases.

Files updated

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Looks pretty good, a few things:

-Is there really a difference between the note lengths in 5 vs 9?  If there is, I can't hear it.
-Thoughts on writing in the flute thing in bar 8 with a second time only note?
-I feel like you could bump up the dynamic at 26 to fortissimo, but it's fine either way.
-I would write in the lower G in the right hand of bar 10 beat 4 anyway (with brackets).  At the moment it looks like it might be a mistake.
-I think the lower voice dips drops down to an A in bar 28 beat 2.5, if you want those to be consistent dyads.
-Does the sheet really need the 90% page resize?  The staff size is a little small with it.

Maelstrom

I think 9-10 was some weird holdover from .... something. Fixed
-I've tried to be super careful about difficulty in this song. I think it'd be easier with the 16th run left out. I don't believe simplifying it would help either, as the flute relies on that frantic energy to add something to the song.
-Yeah, I think your suggestion is good for bar 10. Makes it easier to see what's going on there.
-Actually, here I was following the pipe harmony, and it has that C-Db progression in m27-28
-Resized to 100% and fiddled with the measure layout. How does it look now?

Files updated, great feedback as always

Libera

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 13, 2021, 10:42:35 AM-Actually, here I was following the pipe harmony, and it has that C-Db progression in m27-28

I wasn't trying to suggest getting rid of what you had already, just an extra harmony note you could add in if you wanted so that the sequence in bar 28 was all dyads (apart from the two semiquavers at the end).

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 13, 2021, 10:42:35 AM-Resized to 100% and fiddled with the measure layout. How does it look now?

You could maybe spread out the systems on page 2 a little more but honestly it's not that big of a deal.  Staff size looks better.

Quote from: Libera on March 11, 2021, 11:32:24 AM-I feel like you could bump up the dynamic at 26 to fortissimo, but it's fine either way.

You didn't mention this so maybe you missed it, or maybe just forgot to write down your reasoning for why you didn't want to.

Will accept once the above is addressed; the sheet is good.

Maelstrom

discussed m27-28 over discord, updated
did the dynamic thing

Files updated

Libera

Had a chat with Maelstrom and decided on adjusting the system distribution on page 2.  I'm now accepting!

Zeta