Series: Other
Game: Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Assaulted Etruria
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Atcero

[attachment deleted by admin]

Atcero

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

copyright and measure spacing need fixing very badly but that can happen later.
-I recommend unhiding the 2nd layer rests in m14 and 25/26. I would also recommend fixing the 2nd layer beaming in m35 and showing all the rests, same for 36
-Speaking of beaming, b3/4 of m37/38 should be beamed in 6/8, not 3/4, so as a pair of tied 8ths. This pattern occurs quite often in the LH and should be fixed there too. And why is b1-2 of m39 2 tied 8ths?
-m15/27:

This rhythm is also in the 2nd half of m27 RH
-Am I missing something or is there a reason why this song isn't written as a 1st/2nd repeat system? m5-14 looks identical to m17-m26.
-m29 is just wrong - the entire thing is shifted to the right by an 8th note and is missing the real beat 6.
-You're going to need to completely rewrite m30-end. The 2nd layer in the RH crosses over and doubles notes in the LH near constantly in some parts. Go through this again and try to go for the most playable option.
-Hearing some tied notes in the final section, like m38b6 to m39b1 in the RH or m39b6 to m40b1 in the LH. I also recommend writing the final measure as 8/8 and beaming it in a set of 3 and then a set of 3+2.
-Not sure what's going on in m11-12 but it should be this:

-Is it just me or is m26-27 supposed to be identical to m14-15? This would change the repeat structure.

Atcero

I had a lot of trouble with this song sadly, so thank you for all that. I'll get that updated here in a day or so and I can reply to your questions more indepth then.
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Atcero

Ok I have it all updated. I could not add a First or Second ending however to the sheet. First ending would be measure 14 and Second ending would be 15. Thank you!

Spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

Some super quick stuff:
flip the tie in m17 RH
m21/25 - If you're going to have 2 layers in a part, just have 2 layers for the whole measure.
final measure - not sure what's going on with the 8th beaming in the LH there ....
m13 LH - rhythm needs to be changed here, b3 should be an 8th instead of 16th rest+16th.

Atcero

Got that all fixed up minus the endings again! I tried exporting those and the playback is not correct so not sure how to fix all that in musescore, but if someone does know how I'd love to learn!

Spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

I'll give my conditional approval provided the next updater fixes the formatting stuff when this is done, and fixes the beaming in the finale measure's LH

Before I forget, don't hide your 2nd layer rests as aggressively as you are; they may seem like clutter, but they're vital to seeing how the layers interact. m12 in particular is really hard to read with the missing 8th note rests in the 2nd layer.

Atcero

Thank you! Would it be better if I just left all the rests in that I can then ask in the discord for clarification?

Spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

Atcero

Updated things from a help stream Latios did plus found some wrong notes. Will need to be formatted again sadly as I couldnt do all the changes

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Picking up where we left off...

- Missing an opening dynamic - f perhaps?
- m. 19 left hand should be A-E-C-A
- The Gb in m. 12 should be F# (note now that layer chromatically goes G-F#-G)
- It's okay to show the overlap in measure 13 beat 3, would recommend writing in the E in the lower layer
- m. 14 should follow the same rhythmic pattern for the melody as the measures around it (instead of using a grace note). Beats 4-5 were also a bit off - should be A on beat 4 and optionally a C (same as in the melody) on beat 5
- I think you have the layers mixed up a bit in measure 15. The main melody is the one playing the A-G#. Here's what I think it could look like, omitting the secondary voice where it would cause overlap:
You cannot view this attachment.
- The same goes for 18 as well.
- m. 17 is a bit off in the right hand - it's similar to 14 but with beat 5 raised, not beat 6.
You cannot view this attachment.

Now the rhythm gets really weird on page 2 o.o
- I would recommend writing the E in the left hand instead of the right hand in m. 21
- In m. 21 and 23 I'm hearing them as reverse mordents (plays the note below instead of above) - 21 with a sharp as it plays A-G#-A
- Hearing an F as the lowest note at the beginning of m. 23 instead of E
- Third melody note in the last measure I think is a D instead of an E
- I think the last measure should be beamed as 3+3+2 since it's like 6/8 but with the extra couple of eighths tagged on at the end
- Needs a repeat at the end (D.S. to measure 5)

I got the formatting plus the above edits in this file. Have a look!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

I updated m. 19 left hand and changed the opening dynamic like we talked about in discord. Its all up to date now, thank you again!

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta