News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Nintendo's realy going down the drain >__> and with VC too.

Started by MetroidHunter26, August 15, 2008, 07:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidHunter26

There has been no good games out in VC some in the WiiWare though so who agree's?

kotorfanboy

When super mario rpg comes out then it will get better.
But the truth remains, the virtual console is eventually going to run out of good classic nintendo games to put on VC (I mean, there are only so many games), and at that point the VC will go down the drain. That time may be now because how many good games aren't on VC (that nintendo has no strings attached for, unlike rare games, ff IV and chrono)?

acropol

I'm really disappointed in my Wii ever since I bought it on launch.. I only have 3 games, and there's none coming out that interest me either... maybe I'll get AC.. but I doubt it.. anyway.

blah54

well the wii's only real purpose unless you're just a wii sports addict... is for the nintendo first-party games, which there admittedly aren't that MANY of... if you bought a WII for third-party games, you clearly have no knowledge of the gaming industry lol...

that's the way it's been with nintendo consoles since the GCN, the only reason for the GCN and/or WII is for the first-party games... also the third-parties all generally ignore the nintendo consoles, or just put out games with little effort... recently nintendo's been encouraging more third-parties and maybe that will help it, but i'm inclined to think that it might not change the situation that much...

It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Super Zombie

Yeah, my Wii's collecting dust. I'm going to get Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People and maybe Defend your Castle, but nothing else really interests me.

The-Real-Link

There are going to be a few landmarks, but until then I'm not seeing anything amazing.

Super Mario RPG
Earthbound
Fire Emblem Imports
Tales of Symphonia 2
Final Fantasy:Crystal Bearers.

Those will be amazing releases. (Especially #1!!)

Super Zombie

But who cares about VC much anyway, since it's just games you already have access to?

Purple1222119

Quote from: blah54 on August 16, 2008, 07:55:41 AMalso the third-parties all generally ignore the nintendo consoles,
or just put out games with little effort...

But the Guitar Hero 4 guys have really been putting in a lot of effort for DLC for the Wii and having better graphics... and stuff.
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

Gooch

The Wii has failed my expectations. I had almost figured that by the time i had gotten bored of Brawl, a new game would be out the spend my time on. Sadly, that isn't so. The next thing that i know of coming out that might call my attention is Ghostbusters and Force Unleased. After that, i only have Animal Crossing that i know of. There's also Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. There might be something, but im truly disappointed in my Wii thus far.

pumpy_heart

And you guys forgot Prime 3. What a shame.
Honestly, I bought my Wii specifically for Prime 3. And I was not dissapointed. Brawl was pretty good as well.
Was it worth the 350 bucks combined? I think so actually.
Animal Crossing, a first party game, is coming. And it will not dissapoint.
And 3rd party games are coming. You nintendo fanboys forgot about The Counduit. Its a first person shooter built from the ground up for the wii. It rivals graphics of a 360 (mwhaha), effictively uses the wii mote, and has fully customizable controls.  It's going to be great.
Also, Guitar Hero 4 is not letting me down. With DLC coming, as well as the music maker, why would you have to buy guitar hero on another system anymore?
Pikmin 3 is on the way for all you guys wanting that...
As well as new Mario and Zelda games.
And I've only talked about E3 announcements. Think about the future Wii holds still.
Yes, I believe there should be more hardcore games, but I think if companies truly wanted to make a great hardcore game for wii and not just port one over, that game would be amazing.

Gooch

yeah, there have been some good games, just not enough that make me want to play my Wii more often. If they were original Nintendo Games, well, they were up to par with what I expect. Sadly, there aren't that many true-blue Nintendo games and they games that aren't Pure-Nintendo just don't make the cut.

Dekudude

I love Nintendo, but they've been doing a lot of stupid things.

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat? Seriously...

The Wii has potential, but they aren't making good use of it... oh well.

Palagerini

yea my ps2 is getting more usage time than my wii.. and i have 3 games for it! metroid prime 3 was good... brawl was good (not that good though). mario galaxy was meh... (it felt more like super mario sunshine *expanded* edition..) . i have Loz TP for gamecube so i can't rate that.. (but it was real good). wario ware is fun.. cooking mama nevermind  :P. mario and sonic at the olypmic games sucked.. but yea.. there's not too many real good games for the wii... i'm waiting for Call of Duty: World at War (cause i'm a HUGE call of duty fan..) and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (the star wars games are always cool to play..). honestly i play my ds more than both of them... the ds is really really cool. and compared to the wii.. the games make use of the wii more... the wii has alot of potential with internet and the unique controller... and their bringing back dumb games that everyone hates (atari sports..) and they havne't put some of their better ones yet... and that their really not focusing on their online or their core gamers at all... take for instance  MOH: Heroes 2. it is a great game but it's online sucks... there's alot of problems with it and isn't that fun... for instance u can't boot anyone... so team killers thrive... and how that some weapons either

1. don't act anything like how the real world war 2 weapons shot (mp40 was faster than the tommy..WTF?)
2. or that their just wayyy overpowered...(anti tank has HUGE blast radius..... shotgun can headshot a person across half the field..... they picked up the gewher 43 over the scoped kar98k when the americans got the springfield... seriously... that doesn't make sense at all...)

and what's sad is that nintendo has the ability to update their games with teh message board but doesn't... what stinks is that their still making money from the people who basically never play video games by making games that appeals to them (which is fine and all but lately that's all their doing..). i just hope Call of Duty: World at War is still M and just like the xbox 360 and ps3 versions and not just a rundown ps2 version.. otherwise...
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: pumpy_heart on August 16, 2008, 03:16:42 PMAnd you guys forgot Prime 3. What a shame.
Honestly, I bought my Wii specifically for Prime 3. And I was not dissapointed. Brawl was pretty good as well.
Was it worth the 350 bucks combined? I think so actually.
Animal Crossing, a first party game, is coming. And it will not dissapoint.
And 3rd party games are coming. You nintendo fanboys forgot about The Counduit. Its a first person shooter built from the ground up for the wii. It rivals graphics of a 360 (mwhaha), effictively uses the wii mote, and has fully customizable controls.  It's going to be great.
Also, Guitar Hero 4 is not letting me down. With DLC coming, as well as the music maker, why would you have to buy guitar hero on another system anymore?
Pikmin 3 is on the way for all you guys wanting that...
As well as new Mario and Zelda games.
And I've only talked about E3 announcements. Think about the future Wii holds still.
Yes, I believe there should be more hardcore games, but I think if companies truly wanted to make a great hardcore game for wii and not just port one over, that game would be amazing.
How could I forget Prime 3!!!! I have had it since release, and still have not 100% it! It's a massively amazing game!!!!! And of course Nintendo has plenty in the works. I can't wait to see how the new Zelda game will play out. (They announced that they were going to start working on one, but that's all they have said about, beside the fact that the sword control will be better than TP)

UpperHand

I still need to pick up No More Heroes.

Otherwise -- it's mostly been Brawl/Guitar Hero at friend's houses and Metal Slug on my PSP. I'm just waiting for The Conduit, Animal Crossing, and Mega Man 9.

Oh, and maybe Red Steel 2, if Ubisoft is actually working on it.