Game: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Console: Game Boy
Title: Wario's Castle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

Static

• For the RH in m1-8/17-24, the lower voice should be an octave higher. I understand wanting to emphasize the melody by placing it on top, but in a track like this with just 3 simple voices, I think it's OK to transcribe it as-is.
  • Technically, the E at the beginning of m29 RH should be Fb, the D at the beginning of m34 RH should be Ebb, and the A at the end of m34 RH should be Bbb, so that the diminished 5th interval is preserved through that section. I think it's fine to keep it for simplicity's sake, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
  • No need to change the key just for m29-36, you can keep it in Dm.

NineLives

Mkay. The sheet's been updated.
Quote from: Static on May 04, 2021, 07:39:15 PMTechnically, the E at the beginning of m29 RH should be Fb.
I assumed here you meant measure 32, since measure 29 didn't have an E.

Static

Quote from: NineLives on May 04, 2021, 11:48:58 PMMkay. The sheet's been updated.I assumed here you meant measure 32, since measure 29 didn't have an E.
Oops yeah, m32 is correct. m34 beat 3 should be Cb instead of B natural as well, I missed that one earlier.

Also, sorry if I was unclear, but I meant that only the lower voice should be moved up an octave, not both. This is what I'm hearing in the original track:
Spoiler
[close]

NineLives

Latios212

- I'm hearing the upper layer not restrike the D for the figure in m. 1 and similar. Additionally, the Db should be a C# (major seventh above the tonic D). So here's what I think that should look like:
You cannot view this attachment.
- The tritones at the end look pretty strange, though of course they do because they're parallel tritones... that said I think the last group is particularly awkward to read due to the double flats that are very distant from the key signature. If you want to keep the parallel diminished fifths, how about respelling a couple of them so that you end up with stuff that's a bit easier to read?
You cannot view this attachment.
- Use 4 systems on the first page and 5 on the second instead of vice versa, and ensure even distribution on both pages.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Just putting this here in the thread before it closes, for history's sake:

At 3:00, ends at 3:08.

This is almost as convenient as when Yug submitted a Gangplank Galleon replacement several days before King K. Rool's reveal.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

NineLives

All right. Should be good to go!
Quote from: LeviR.star on May 12, 2021, 06:35:28 PMThis is almost as convenient as when Yug submitted a Gangplank Galleon replacement several days before King K. Rool's reveal.
I don't know how to feel about that. I think Yug got a better deal.

Latios212

Reset the v26 articulations and also evened out the spacing a bit (some of the distances between systems were uneven and the first system on the second page was a bit too close to the header). Uploaded new files, accepting :3
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot