News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[AL] Chip's Challenge - "Title Screen" by Jacopo Tore

Started by Zeta, February 17, 2021, 08:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Chip's Challenge
Console: Atari Lynx
Title: Title Screen
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jacopo Tore

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Jacopo, this game is called "Chip's Challenge", not "Chip's Challenge Music".

I'm asking out of curiosity, did you know about this game before you arranged a song from it, or did you just find its soundtrack on YouTube?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

JacopoTore

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 17, 2021, 11:15:20 AMJacopo, this game is called "Chip's Challenge", not "Chip's Challenge Music".

I'm asking out of curiosity, did you know about this game before you arranged a song from it, or did you just find its soundtrack on YouTube?
played the game on OpenEmu

Can I ask you about the arrangement?

JacopoTore

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 17, 2021, 11:15:20 AMJacopo, this game is called "Chip's Challenge", not "Chip's Challenge Music".

LeviR.star what do you think about the score?

Latios212

- Missing a tempo marking (quarter = 166)
- Composer info should include "and" or "&" instead of a comma
- Remove the Pno. abbreviation before each of the systems after the first
- Make sure your footer is within the page margins (see this topic)
- The space between left hand and right hand staves is 0.78" which is very small and causes the cross-staff beaming to have some very short stems and angle oddly. Increase the space, and adjust the beams so that they go in the right direction (for example, the one in m. 16 should angle down instead of up).
- The last G# in the left hand of m. 16 should be two 16th notes instead of one 8th note. Similarly for the last notes in m. 10 and 14.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on March 27, 2021, 08:58:06 AMFeedback:
- Missing a tempo marking (quarter = 166)
- Composer info should include "and" or "&" instead of a comma
- Remove the Pno. abbreviation before each of the systems after the first
- Make sure your footer is within the page margins (see this topic)
- The space between left hand and right hand staves is 0.78" which is very small and causes the cross-staff beaming to have some very short stems and angle oddly. Increase the space, and adjust the beams so that they go in the right direction (for example, the one in m. 16 should angle down instead of up).
- The last G# in the left hand of m. 16 should be two 16th notes instead of one 8th note. Similarly for the last notes in m. 10 and 14.

Did it!

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on March 27, 2021, 08:58:06 AM- The last G# in the left hand of m. 16 should be two 16th notes instead of one 8th note. Similarly for the last notes in m. 10 and 14.
Sorry, I meant measure 6, not 16.

- Really tiny thing, but I think the "&" would be better on the second line of the composer info.
- Make sure your dynamic (f) at the beginning is positioned correctly - above the left hand note.

And about the beams - looks better overall but there are still some places that could use improvement.
- Beam heights: the beam for the first group in m. 1 is rather low compared to m. 5 - you can right click and remove manual adjustments while using the beam angle tool. Other beams are far too close to the lower staff like in measures 2 and 3 as well. The lower one in the top staff in m. 16 hangs down way too low.
- Beam angles: make sure they follow the upwards or downwards contour between the first and last notes. Places like the cross-staff beam between two eighth notes in m. 10, 14, 15 are angled the wrong way.
This isn't everything; go have a look through the rest and make sure the beam heights and angles make sense. Let me know if you need help.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Latios you have an eagle eye!

Quote from: Latios212 on March 30, 2021, 08:01:19 PMThe lower one in the top staff in m. 16 hangs down way too low.

Are you referring to m.6?

it is very strange that all this has happened, I have not touched any settings about beams!

Hope is better now

Latios212

Happy to help :P

Quote from: JacopoTore on March 31, 2021, 06:15:32 AMAre you referring to m.6?
No, but this is fine now after you fixed the LH notes.

I updated the files with a few more spacing adjustments here and there. Approved!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Static

Looks pretty good, just a few small things:
  • The quarter notes in the melody (m4 and similar places) sound like they should be staccato.
  • The grace notes should have slurs leading to the main note.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Static on April 07, 2021, 06:35:00 PMLooks pretty good, just a few small things:
  • The quarter notes in the melody (m4 and similar places) sound like they should be staccato.
  • The grace notes should have slurs leading to the main note.

Files (from Latios update) replaced  8)