News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Link's Awakening Composer Crediting

Started by Radiak488417, February 28, 2021, 01:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiak488417

Here are all the proper composer credits for all the Link's Awakening sheets we have on-site. I'm also including sheets that need to be replaced or updated, just for future reference. This info is from the remake's OST on VGMdb, the original GB soundtrack was included on discs 3 and 4.

Animal Village: Kozue Ishikawa

Ballad of the Wind Fish: Kazumi Totaka & Kozue Ishikawa

Boss Battle: Minako Hamano

Credits: Minako Hamano & Kozue Ishikawa

Eagle's Tower: Minako Hamano

Face Shrine: Minako Hamano

First Time on Koholint: Minako Hamano

Fishing Under the Bridge: Kozue Ishikawa

Game Over: Minako Hamano

Inside the Houses: Kozue Ishikawa

Key Cavern: Minako Hamano

Level 2 - Bottle Grotto: Minako Hamano

Level 4 - Angler's Tunnel: Minako Hamano

Level 5 - Catfish's Maw: Minako Hamano

Link Awakens: Minako Hamano

Mabe Village: Kozue Ishikawa

Miniboss Battle: Kazumi Totaka

Mr. Write's House: Soyo Oka, arranged by Kazumi Totaka

Mysterious Woods: Kozue Ishikawa

Opening: Minako Hamano, Kozue Ishikawa & Koji Kondo

Overworld: Kozue Ishikawa & Koji Kondo

Richard's Villa: Kazumi Totaka

Shop: Kozue Ishikawa

Southern Face Shrine: Minako Hamano

Tail Cave: Minako Hamano

Tal Tal Heights: Kozue Ishikawa

The Ghost's House: Kozue Ishikawa

The Moblins Took Bow-Wow!: Kozue Ishikawa

Trendy Game!: Kozue Ishikawa

Turtle Rock: Minako Hamano

Static

Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 28, 2021, 01:28:42 PMMr. Write's House: Kazumi Totaka & Soyo Oka
For this one specifically, it would be more accurate to say it was composed by Oka and arranged by Totaka, since it's pulled from the SimCity SNES soundtrack. Otherwise, this list looks good.

Radiak488417

LeviR.star

If we were to assume songs like "Ballad of the Wind Fish" and the Dungeon motif were composed by one person each, shouldn't those composers receive credit for all subsequent remixes that used their originals as bases for "new" material?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Radiak488417

They have, the way the official soundtrack credits that is with an "&". For example, the version of Ballad of the Wind Fish we have on site was composed by Minako Hamano but arranged by Kazumi Totaka, so the credit is "Kazumi Totaka & Kozue Ishikawa." We can change the phrasing for the actual sheet if you want, I just listed everything here how the OST lists it.