[NES] Circus Charlie - "Stage 1"

Started by schnotzer, April 14, 2021, 11:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schnotzer

Key signature: D Major
Tempo: 258 bpm
My MuseScore Profile - I try to arrange/transcribe (mostly) video game music for the accordion. So have a look! :)

LeviR.star

I'll take this on. It's a simple piece that should yield a pretty simple sheet.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

It's been a hot minute since I arranged on request. Sorry this took so long, I had to go to a class shortly after I accepted this.

Some notes about it:

- to my understanding, this song is exclusive to the NES port—it's nowhere to be found in the arcade original. So I have explicitly marked it as "Circus Charlie (NES)" under the sheet's title
- I tried my best to keep the articulations consistent between hands, so the bouncy staccatos heard in the bass were given staccato'd melody notes to match
- as you can see, this stage theme is based on "American Patrol" by F. W. Meacham, but I couldn't find who arranged it for the game. If this information is important to you, I'll continue looking, but documentation for titles this obscure is sparse

So here ya go, I hope you enjoy playing this sheet! (Maybe make a recording so we can add it to an NSM Performance Videos playlist? ;))

[NES] Circus Charlie - "Stage 1".zip
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

schnotzer

"(...) Sorry this took so long (...)"

Are you nuts?! :o I would totally struggle to transcribe this "simple" piece. Then I looked on the Discord server and you wrote "took me 20 minutes". And I am like: "It took you what?!" *soul leaving body out of shock* x_x
I would have never thought that someone would create a transcription this fast. Damn son, you did a great job! ;D

I didn't know that it is based of American Patrol. Thanks for that info! Who arranged it for the game is not important for me. You added enough information so that other people can cleary see where it is coming from. :D But I will not stop you looking for that name who arranged it for the game. ;)

If I could play piano a bit better, maybe I would be able to do a performance, but I guess I stick to my accordion for now, even though I still a beginner. :P

Thank you so much for your work! It makes me really happy! :D
My MuseScore Profile - I try to arrange/transcribe (mostly) video game music for the accordion. So have a look! :)