Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Game Boy Theme 2
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Static

Quote from: Sebastian on March 27, 2021, 07:06:03 PMIt's been too long, folks.
Indeed it has

A few comments:
  • Tempo marking should be aligned with the left side of the time signature.
  • The quarter note pickup should be aligned with the quarter rest in the LH.
  • It might be cool to include that arpeggio line as an optional RH part in m1-4, perhaps written with smaller notes.
  • m8 RH beat 2.5: I think it might be a bit easier to play that triplet if all the notes were in the upper octave as in the original. As you have it, the easiest fingering would be 5-1-5-5, but if they were all in the same octave you could do 4-3-2-1 or 2-1-2-1 or something. I don't have my keyboard with me right now so I can't play it, I'm just moving my fingers on my desk lol. If you think it's fine as is it is, then keep it.
  • m8 RH beat 4: I hear the slur one note later than you have it (from D# to E in m9, with the E on beat 4 of m8 being staccato).
  • m11 LH beat 4: The slur is touching the accent (also throughout the piece, the distance between the edge of the slur and the accents are not always consistent - look at m7 vs m9 for example).
  • m20 RH beat 2: I hear B in Layer 2 being slurred/tenuto, but I think it's fine to keep it staccato - it makes it a bit easier to jump to the octaves on beat 2.5.
  • Copyright text, page number, and running title should all be within the page margins.

Sebastian

Quote from: Static on March 27, 2021, 07:24:41 PMTempo marking should be aligned with the left side of the time signature.

The quarter note pickup should be aligned with the quarter rest in the LH.

Copyright text, page number, and running title should all be within the page margins.
Fix'd

Quote from: Static on March 27, 2021, 07:24:41 PMIt might be cool to include that arpeggio line as an optional RH part in m1-4, perhaps written with smaller notes.
Good suggestion, I did consider this; however, I decided to exclude it. Not only would it take up a lot of space, but also if I did add it, then it would drop out at measure 5. In my opinion, it would seem odd to include it for such a short duration. Likewise, I tried to keep the piece difficulty closer to intermediate rather than having anything too crazy.

Quote from: Static on March 27, 2021, 07:24:41 PMm8 RH beat 2.5: I think it might be a bit easier to play that triplet if all the notes were in the upper octave as in the original. As you have it, the easiest fingering would be 5-1-5-5, but if they were all in the same octave you could do 4-3-2-1 or 2-1-2-1 or something. I don't have my keyboard with me right now so I can't play it, I'm just moving my fingers on my desk lol. If you think it's fine as is it is, then keep it.[/li][/list]
After toying with it a bit, you're definitely right. Excellent idea.
Fix'd

Quote from: Static on March 27, 2021, 07:24:41 PM
  • m8 RH beat 4: I hear the slur one note later than you have it (from D# to E in m9, with the E on beat 4 of m8 being staccato).
Oh, wow, you're right. That second voice threw me off. Good ear.
Fix'd

Quote from: Static on March 27, 2021, 07:24:41 PMm11 LH beat 4: The slur is touching the accent (also throughout the piece, the distance between the edge of the slur and the accents are not always consistent - look at m7 vs m9 for example).
To me, it seems like a hair difference. Sharp eye xD
Fix'd

Quote from: Static on March 27, 2021, 07:24:41 PMm20 RH beat 2: I hear B in Layer 2 being slurred/tenuto, but I think it's fine to keep it staccato - it makes it a bit easier to jump to the octaves on beat 2.5.
Yup, that's exactly why I made it the way I did-- to make the octave jump a bit easier.

You updaters sure have been staying sharp! Thanks for the feedback~

Static

Quote from: Static on March 27, 2021, 07:24:41 PMm8 RH beat 4: I hear the slur one note later than you have it (from D# to E in m9, with the E on beat 4 of m8 being staccato).
This looks the same as you had it before.

Otherwise, looks pretty good

Latios212

Hi!!!!!

Aside from what Static said above:
- Bottom margin on page 1 is smaller than the others
- Rhythm grouping in the lower layer in m. 19 is incorrect
- For m. 19, how about moving the second pair of lower left hand notes down an octave? You'd gain a clearer call-and-response interaction between the two voices by avoiding the awkward overlap, but lose the octave jump in the lower voice.

Great sheet, glad to see stuff from you again :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on March 30, 2021, 07:44:24 PMHi!!!!!
Heyyy. Hoping to get back into activity a bit at a time. I'd like to transition back into checking sheets...looks like it's been a while haha.

As for the sheet, I think that covers everything. Updated the file.

Latios212

Quote from: Sebastian on March 31, 2021, 07:29:41 PMHeyyy. Hoping to get back into activity a bit at a time. I'd like to transition back into checking sheets...looks like it's been a while haha.
;D

Quote from: Latios212 on March 30, 2021, 07:44:24 PM- Bottom margin on page 1 is smaller than the others
- Rhythm grouping in the lower layer in m. 19 is incorrect
I meant to suggest enlarging it to give more space under the URL. You could move the systems a tad closer together to make that fit well. Also the rhythm grouping for the lower layer in 19 is still off (crosses beat 3).

Also Static's comment... I think that may still not be what he was going for. (And your PDF exporter splatted some 3's across the bottom of the page...)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Yeah, I'm not sure what Static's looking for. There's no E on beat 4. Once I get clarification on that, I'll get that other stuff. I'm gonna have to get back to my old template. This one is a mess...

Static

Quote from: Sebastian on April 01, 2021, 08:54:48 AMYeah, I'm not sure what Static's looking for. There's no E on beat 4. Once I get clarification on that, I'll get that other stuff. I'm gonna have to get back to my old template. This one is a mess...

I can't read music apparently

I meant F#. Just like this:

Sebastian

Ahhh, ok. Thanks for your time in thoroughly checking!

I'll get that updated asap.

Sebastian

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot