NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Author Topic: [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - "Sky Realm" by Cashwarrior1  (Read 91 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Sky Realm
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 04:18:32 PM by cashwarrior1 »

cashwarrior1

• Ordon Overture
  • Never changes his avatar
    • View Profile
    • Email

This one is for my fellow pianists who can play 10ths comfortably

Static

• Updater
  • Ordon Overture
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email

The notes and arrangement sound pretty good, but your rhythm grouping is inconsistent. I hear the piece as 3+3+3+2 throughout the entire thing.
  • In m6, the LH isn't written this way. That 2nd quarter note should be an 8th note followed by an 8th rest (also note how the trill in the RH isn't grouped the same as in m15 - they should both look like m6).
    Spoiler
    [close]
  • The rests in m15-21 also don't line up correctly. By writing the rests in accordance with the 3+3+3+2 pattern, you can more clearly show the quarter note syncopation happening here:
    Spoiler
    [close]
  • I'm also confused as to why you beamed m27-28 the way you did, when it's the same melodic idea as m10-13.
These are just a few examples. But otherwise, the sheet looks pretty great!

Edit: also those grace notes should have slurs leading to the main note

cashwarrior1

• Ordon Overture
    • View Profile
    • Email

• I'm also confused as to why you beamed m27-28 the way you did, when it's the same melodic idea as m10-13.
I did that because when I was listening to the percussion in that part I felt that that's where the accent was. Though, after listening to the earlier parts' percussion, I think that the entire time it's actually being felt as 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 while the melody has more of a 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 feel. Regardless, I changed it now to match 10-13.

Static

• Updater
  • Ordon Overture
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email

I did that because when I was listening to the percussion in that part I felt that that's where the accent was. Though, after listening to the earlier parts' percussion, I think that the entire time it's actually being felt as 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 while the melody has more of a 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 feel. Regardless, I changed it now to match 10-13.
Fair enough, I suppose. I just keep hearing it as the 3+3+3+2 way, probably because of the bass part.

Just a few last things from me: those quarter notes near the end of m27-33 should also be written as 8th notes (tied or not) so they don't cross the 3+2 division. And lastly, I noticed many of your staccato markings are lined up with the stems, but they should be lined up with the noteheads (like they would be if they were on the other side). See this topic for how to do that (or if you don't have v26, just do it manually I guess).

cashwarrior1

• Ordon Overture
    • View Profile
    • Email

And lastly, I noticed many of your staccato markings are lined up with the stems, but they should be lined up with the noteheads (like they would be if they were on the other side). See this topic for how to do that (or if you don't have v26, just do it manually I guess).
Okay so I've had that box ticked but it places them over the stem. When I uncheck that box it places it over the noteheads (and to be honest it looks weird that way to me :P). I left it unchecked so that they're over the noteheads

Static

• Updater
  • Ordon Overture
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email

Looks great! I approve

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 24 queries.