Game: Rhythm Heaven
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Remix 10
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mastersuperfan

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Great work! Really interesting how this one transitions and modulates so rapidly...

Karate Man
- Where does the G-A dyad in m. 4 come from? I think a glissando from a high E would work really nice here (and still be fine to play at this tempo).
- Wow those accidentals are weird in m. 8... notably the shift from Eb to D# in the bottom note. I can't think of a better way to write it, though.
- You have D# for the chords in m. 115-116 whereas you have Eb in m. 3-4. I think either would work (D# maybe preferable since it's the major third above the root B, although the augmented fifth is being written as G instead of Fx so eh) but yeah these should be consistent

Moai Doo-Wop
- It's weird that the text is creeping up to the header level... maybe reduce the space between LH/RH staves in the first system or somewhere else on the page to lower this a little?

Crop Stomp
- I assume you're using that other layer in beat 4.5 of the LH in m. 17 and 19, but I think the last note of m. 19 is F rather than Bn

Love Lab
- The melody at the beginning of 29 should be a quarter rather than two eights

Airboarder
- The melody in m. 72 beat 2 should be held instead of going down to a C

Glee Club
- The left hand seems a bit... low? Thoughts about raising it an octave?

Fillbots
- Any reason why the RH's up an octave?
- I'm not sure these should all be parallel fourths in m. 80, the original seems to stick to the chord tones a bit more. Though the fourths definitely sound alright.

Karate Man (Reprise)
- I think the descent in m. 118 should end in a rest on beat 3 rather than the E you have written.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Latios212 on April 17, 2021, 04:30:07 PMLove Lab
- The melody at the beginning of 29 should be a quarter rather than two eights
I'm pretty distinctly hearing two eighths. Maybe you're thinking of the original?

Quote from: Latios212 on April 17, 2021, 04:30:07 PMKarate Man (Reprise)
- I think the descent in m. 118 should end in a rest on beat 3 rather than the E you have written.
I don't like having complete silence on beat 3... The run feels more complete if it ends on the beat.

Everything else has been updated. Thanks for checking!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 17, 2021, 05:53:41 PMI'm pretty distinctly hearing two eighths. Maybe you're thinking of the original?
Nope, a quarter is what I hear in this version - pretty sure about that. (Discussed over Discord and that was updated too)

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 17, 2021, 05:53:41 PMI don't like having complete silence on beat 3... The run feels more complete if it ends on the beat.
Yeah... that makes sense. I think it'd be better ending on an F but aside from adjusting the run's length I don't have any suggestions so I guess it works.

Last thing - perhaps a C# instead of Db in m. 74? Db makes sense as the minor 7th of the root Eb but... it's chromatically ascending here and there's a Dn in the RH, so idk :P

Anyway, approving ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

• Do you intend the performer to restrike that G on beat 1 of m1? I think it might be best just to tie it over.
  • I could say other things about playability, but Fiktah was able to play it... that's good enough for me.
  • Feel free to use dotted 8th rests in place of 8th+16th rests. It might not be what the books say, but in practice I think it's a bit easier to read when there's other 16th note rhythms going on. Up to you though.
  • The 8th notes on beat 4.5 of m21-23 sound staccato to me, as do the ones on beats 1-2 of m24.
  • m29 beats 1-2 sounds like a Gmaj7 chord, so I think the 2nd layer in the RH would be better as D-F#. I don't think the G needs to be doubled.
  • Similarly, m30 beats 1-2 sounds like an Em7 chord, so B-D in the 2nd layer I think would sound more interesting.
  • Sounds like there's also an A in the chord in m32 (middle of the staff).
  • m33... this sounds like a Cmaj7 as well. That lower note in the 2nd layer sounds pretty cool as a B and it's still easily playable.
  • There are a few other spots I think you could probably include the 7ths, but most of the rest sounds OK to me.
  • m74 LH beat 3 should be C# (this is one of those times where the #9 really should be spelled as the #9 because of how it resolves and because it's not very nasty-looking).
  • The above also applies to m88 LH.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Static on April 19, 2021, 05:53:50 PM
  • m29 beats 1-2 sounds like a Gmaj7 chord, so I think the 2nd layer in the RH would be better as D-F#. I don't think the G needs to be doubled.
I tried this and eugh I really don't like how it sounds.

Other than that, the rest have been updated!

Static

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 19, 2021, 07:16:36 PMI tried this and eugh I really don't like how it sounds.
but it sounds nice

I'll accept anyway

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot