NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Author Topic: [NES] Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness - "Breager's Castle" by Atcero  (Read 89 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Breager's Castle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Atcero
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 02:56:40 AM by Atcero »

Atcero

• Sanctuary Serenade
  • Local FBI Agent
    • View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: Dudeman
"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

a

Quote from: Latios
"OOPS
I KICKED THE WRONG ONE"

Static

• Updater
  • Ordon Overture
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email

Looks pretty solid! Here's the files with all of these changes, plus some additional formatting adjustments.[/li]
  • Tempo marking should align with the left side of the time signature.
  • m2 LH actually looks something a bit more like this:
    Spoiler
    [close]
      But that's pretty challenging to play. I'd leave it as you have it, but I would add a B to the half note on beat 3 to fill that chord up some more.
    • The ties at the end of m3 and 5 should be flipped up.
    • m4, 6 LH should have courtesy naturals for the Gs on beat 4.
    • m7-9 LH: I would put the top voice in its own layer for beats 3-4 so that the quarter notes can be held for their full value. The Cn on beat 2 should also have a courtesy accidental.
    • The second layer in m7 RH can be hidden.
    • It sounds a bit weird having the middle voice shifted up an octave in m8, but not in m7 or 9-10. I think you could just move it to the LH.
    • The last system's right margin can be increased so that the one measure doesn't take up the entire width of the page.

Let me know if you have any questions
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 05:07:26 PM by Static »

Atcero

• Sanctuary Serenade
    • Local FBI Agent
      • View Profile
      • Email

Thank ya! Yeah I had the LH with the split voices but since they clashed so much I removed the middle voice for m2.
    For m8, I had the middle voice with the RH since it lined up so well and it kept it in the original octave. That one I would prefer to stay in the RH if possible due to that.
    "When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

a

"OOPS
    I KICKED THE WRONG ONE"

Static

• Updater
    • Ordon Overture
      • View Profile
      • YouTube
      • Email

For m8, I had the middle voice with the RH since it lined up so well and it kept it in the original octave. That one I would prefer to stay in the RH if possible due to that.
    It does work well, but it just sounds kind of weird to me when it shifts up like that. The middle voice goes from the E in the LH in m7 and jumps all the way up to the high A in the RH of m8. If you want, measure 10 might be a good spot to move the middle voice up as well (maybe just beats 3-4). Up to you though. The files in the folder I linked above have the voice moved up in m8.

Atcero

• Sanctuary Serenade
    • Local FBI Agent
      • View Profile
      • Email

Thank you! When I relisten to it for m10, the middle voice does go down like that rather than going with the upper voice so I think its fine if it stays there if thats fine with you. Also for some reason the playback for the .mus gets a little weird around m5 for some reason. Not sure if it matters too much but just wanted to let ya know.

Otherwise it looks good to me all in all if it looks good to you, thanks again!

a

"OOPS
    I KICKED THE WRONG ONE"

Static

• Updater
    • Ordon Overture
      • View Profile
      • YouTube
      • Email

Thank you! When I relisten to it for m10, the middle voice does go down like that rather than going with the upper voice so I think its fine if it stays there if thats fine with you. Also for some reason the playback for the .mus gets a little weird around m5 for some reason. Not sure if it matters too much but just wanted to let ya know.

Otherwise it looks good to me all in all if it looks good to you, thanks again!
    No problem! I tried opening the .mus and it sounds ok to me, so I'm not sure what that is. I'm using Finale 2014, so maybe it's just NotePad it doesn't play in or something. But either way it looks good so I'll go ahead and approve

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.