News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[GBA] Mega Man Zero 4 - "Power Field" by Jake_Luigi

Started by Zeta, March 30, 2021, 10:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man Zero 4
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Power Field
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jake_Luigi

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jake_Luigi

Yeah, it's another Mega Man song. It just kinda turned out that way lol.
YouTube link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVhhb1kSxR8

Libera

Cool piece.  Regarding the sheet, I think this one needs a bit more love and care than it currently has.  I don't know if this was an ambitious arrangement for you, but I think it needs a fair amount of more work before it can be accepted.  I've got a lot of feedback below, some of it regarding wrong notes and others regarding the general arrangement strategy.  I've also included formatting feedback, though I'm unsure of your ability to carry out these formatting changes.  Try to address the feedback as best you can and let me know if there's anything you need more help with or cannot do yourself.

This is unlikely to be my last round of feedback as much of it will depend on how you address the comments below.

Formatting:

-No bar numbers.  Forgive me if any of my bar numberings are off at all as I was doing them in my head.
-Composer and arranger info are too close together.
-Direction and tempo marking are overlapping, would be better in a single expression.
-Copyright/url is misaligned and the font is the wrong size (should be size 12).
-Title and game title are misaligned.
-Margins are very uneven and the systems aren't aligned to the left margin.  I recommend 0.5 for the top right and bottom margins.
-No page numbers or mini titles on subsequent pages.
-Staff separation is oddly set to 0.88", I recommend 1".
-I recommend not using a page resize and instead resizing the staff size to 0.65cm.

Arrangement comments:

-Should be in Gm (two flats).  You can tell because G is the tonal centre of the piece.
-Highly recommend dropping the left hand piano notes in 26/28/30/32.  I don't think they really fit very well, especially in the first three bars where the guitar solo is taking centre stage.  They also don't really follow the drum patterns at all and so I think they're out of place.  I'd suggest dropping it completely in the first three bars and writing in the drum fill in bar 32 with x noteheads.  Like in this picture:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
-For some reason a lot of the accidentals don't seem to be appearing in the sheet.  They play back correctly so I'm not sure what's wrong.  Try deleting the notes and adding them back in.
-It's not really clear where the melody is in bars 9-32 with the chords written in the same layer and at the same height.  You could try moving the chords lower when they play on their own, or writing them in a separate layer.
-I'm not sure the way you're written out the final section (33+) is really the best way to go about it.  This way you lose out the addition of the high guitar part in 37+ and it kind of just sounds the same throughout the whole eight bars.  Something you could try is keeping the bass in the left hand but incorporating the guitar hits around the string line in the right hand.  (If you were to keep it as is, then it would be better to add in the octaves at 37 rather than at 35.)
-The sheet could benefit from a lot more ornaments in the right hand for the guitar bends.  It sounds a bit flat without them.
-There are no articulations in the entire sheet.  You don't have to go overboard on them, but surely the sheet could benefit from at least a few in places.
-Similarly you could also add in more dynamics, but admittedly there isn't that much dynamic contrast in the original so I don't mind if you want to leave them out.

Right hand:

-I don't hear the lower notes in the first three beats of bar 3 (or bar 7).  They sound very odd to me.
-The rhythm in bar 4 should match up with the left hand (i.e. the chord should come in on beat 1.5).
-I hear power chords (tonic and fifth) for the chords in 4 and 8 (plus the final chord in 3 and 7) rather than triads.  In other words, I think you should get rid of the thirds (the Gs and the As).  You can always double the tonic to get some more force if you want.
-Bar 25 beat 3.5 the C and the next four notes should all be a step lower.  Same for bar 29.
-Bar 28 beat 1.5 the C should be a G (bended up to from an F).
-The string line in 33+ should look like this:
Spoiler
[close]

Left hand:
-Bar 1 beat 4 should be a G.
-Bar 5 beat 3.5 should be a Bb.
-Bar 5 beat 4 should be a C.
-Bar 8 beat 4 and 4.5 should be F and F#.
-Bar 9 beat 4 should be a G.  Same for bar 13.
-Bar 11 beat 4 should be a G.  Same for bar 15.
-Bar 12 the first three notes should be Bb G F.
-Bar 16 there should be an F# on beat 4.5.
-All the same note changes for 17-24, although the bass does go up to a C on beat 4.5 of 24 rather than an F#.  You could use a repeat with a first and second time if you wanted to here, which may save you a page on the whole sheet.
-Other than that last note, I think 16 and 24 should be consistent.
-The left hand should be beamed like in bar 34 for the whole of 33+.

Jake_Luigi

Thanks for the feedback Libera  :)
Doing some diff eqs rn but I'll get to work when I'm free (hopefully sometime in the next couple days).
Just scrolling through though, i do want to say that the stuff with the formatting is probably because of the MuseScore conversion (which shouldn't be the case because I used the conversion file... Weird). The bar numbers even show up on PDF, so idk what went wrong there, sorry about all that, but rest assured I'll do my best to fix that stuff up.

Jake_Luigi

Files have been updated. Regarding feedback:

QuoteFormatting:
-No bar numbers.  Forgive me if any of my bar numberings are off at all as I was doing them in my head.
-Composer and arranger info are too close together.
-Direction and tempo marking are overlapping, would be better in a single expression.
-Copyright/url is misaligned and the font is the wrong size (should be size 12).
-Title and game title are misaligned.
-Margins are very uneven and the systems aren't aligned to the left margin.  I recommend 0.5 for the top right and bottom margins.
-No page numbers or mini titles on subsequent pages.
-Staff separation is oddly set to 0.88", I recommend 1".
-I recommend not using a page resize and instead resizing the staff size to 0.65cm.
I spent an hour delving into the code but I couldn't find everything. I used the final version of MMX3 Opening Stage to copy/paste, so if it's wrong, please let me know since that kind of messes up a lot of checks for future reference. Here's what I did find though:
- Composer/Arranger moved
- Copywright/URL aligned
- Title was aligned
- Minititle on page 2
I couldn't find the '2' code for the second page and could not find bar numbers. I'm sorry if the bar numbers (and the other stuff) are a hassle to add, but I promise you I tried to find it in the other file. Also tried to get the bpm and expression in the same expression, but I managed to brick the file and had to start the coding over. Also, for some reason, the tie in measure 5 to 6 is the wrong orientation. I actually managed to delete and add it back in, but it was still wrong.

QuoteArrangement comments:
-Should be in Gm (two flats).  You can tell because G is the tonal centre of the piece.
-Highly recommend dropping the left hand piano notes in 26/28/30/32.  I don't think they really fit very well, especially in the first three bars where the guitar solo is taking centre stage.  They also don't really follow the drum patterns at all and so I think they're out of place.  I'd suggest dropping it completely in the first three bars and writing in the drum fill in bar 32 with x noteheads.  Like in this picture:
-For some reason a lot of the accidentals don't seem to be appearing in the sheet.  They play back correctly so I'm not sure what's wrong.  Try deleting the notes and adding them back in.
-It's not really clear where the melody is in bars 9-32 with the chords written in the same layer and at the same height.  You could try moving the chords lower when they play on their own, or writing them in a separate layer.
-I'm not sure the way you're written out the final section (33+) is really the best way to go about it.  This way you lose out the addition of the high guitar part in 37+ and it kind of just sounds the same throughout the whole eight bars.  Something you could try is keeping the bass in the left hand but incorporating the guitar hits around the string line in the right hand.  (If you were to keep it as is, then it would be better to add in the octaves at 37 rather than at 35.)
-The sheet could benefit from a lot more ornaments in the right hand for the guitar bends.  It sounds a bit flat without them.
-There are no articulations in the entire sheet.  You don't have to go overboard on them, but surely the sheet could benefit from at least a few in places.
-Similarly you could also add in more dynamics, but admittedly there isn't that much dynamic contrast in the original so I don't mind if you want to leave them out.
- I can't believe I messed up the key. I think I got confused because of places like measure 9, but other bits (especially the 6/4 part) should've given that away
- Yeah, the LH here was more or less to imitate the pitches of the drums, but I understand you wanting me to drop these measures
- Hopefully fixed
- I wasn't sure what you meant by putting the chords at a different height, so I did the separate layering. However, this made that section seem a bit cluttered. Thoughts?
- Ok, this part was giving me a lot of trouble originally, but I'm pretty sure your solution of bringing the higher guitars into the RH helped. Y'see, originally, I had it so those notes were in the LH, but it was clashing a lot and didn't sound as clear as it does now, so thank you for that :)
Also, it was in the LH and not the RH originally because of the few weird clashes (Bb/C and Eb/F in a few spots)
- Added a few grace notes for the bends
- Added some articulations where I thought they were needed (the 6/4 bit mostly, but maybe those would sound better with Marcatos (^) instead of staccatos?)
- Didn't add dynamics because, as you said, the dynamics don't really change with the piece

QuoteRight hand:
-I don't hear the lower notes in the first three beats of bar 3 (or bar 7).  They sound very odd to me.
-The rhythm in bar 4 should match up with the left hand (i.e. the chord should come in on beat 1.5).
-I hear power chords (tonic and fifth) for the chords in 4 and 8 (plus the final chord in 3 and 7) rather than triads.  In other words, I think you should get rid of the thirds (the Gs and the As).  You can always double the tonic to get some more force if you want.
-Bar 25 beat 3.5 the C and the next four notes should all be a step lower.  Same for bar 29.
-Bar 28 beat 1.5 the C should be a G (bended up to from an F).
-The string line in 33+ should look like this:
- Removed
- Gosh darn it, that looks so much better. Idk why I always jump to 16th notes with faster pieces, it was clearly an 8th
-Removed the triads, added the octaves for measure 4/8
- Ok, initially I was confused, but after many relistens, yeah, it starts at a Bb, not a C. However, I think while it was all lower, it wasn't equal, so I moved them all a step down the blues scale (Bb->Ab didn't sound right)
- I couldn't get the bend to work in MuseScore, but I got a double grace note. Will that work, or do I need to get the bend?
- No joke, I have witnesses to this from the VC, but I spent 10 min on each of the two specific notes I got completely wrong (the F which is now a G and the A which is now a C). And yes, it was due to me second-guessing myself. rip. All the lower Gs got moved to a higher G because I... screwed that up

QuoteLeft hand:
-Bar 1 beat 4 should be a G.
-Bar 5 beat 3.5 should be a Bb.
-Bar 5 beat 4 should be a C.
-Bar 8 beat 4 and 4.5 should be F and F#.
-Bar 9 beat 4 should be a G.  Same for bar 13.
-Bar 11 beat 4 should be a G.  Same for bar 15.
-Bar 12 the first three notes should be Bb G F.
-Bar 16 there should be an F# on beat 4.5.
-All the same note changes for 17-24, although the bass does go up to a C on beat 4.5 of 24 rather than an F#.  You could use a repeat with a first and second time if you wanted to here, which may save you a page on the whole sheet.
-Other than that last note, I think 16 and 24 should be consistent.
-The left hand should be beamed like in bar 34 for the whole of 33+.
- Not going to lie, I screwed up here. No excuse for me missing that many notes and I apologize for that.
- Due to the second ending, there's no tie to the Db. What is the notation to fix this?
- I think I fixed the beaming. I say 'think' because I changed some of the notes and don't know if your statement still stands

QuoteCool piece.  Regarding the sheet, I think this one needs a bit more love and care than it currently has.  I don't know if this was an ambitious arrangement for you, but I think it needs a fair amount of more work before it can be accepted.
I'm glad you think the original piece is cool. I do want to say though, this wasn't intended to be an ambitious arrangement (I thought Strago's Theme was much more difficult starting out). Sorry for putting you through this one.

Thanks again for the help, Libera! (And sorry this took so long, multiple professors decided to add another exam before finals and they've been kicking my butt.)

Libera

Quote from: Jake_Luigi on April 18, 2021, 04:11:19 PMFiles have been updated. Regarding feedback:
I spent an hour delving into the code but I couldn't find everything. I used the final version of MMX3 Opening Stage to copy/paste, so if it's wrong, please let me know since that kind of messes up a lot of checks for future reference. Here's what I did find though:
- Composer/Arranger moved
- Copywright/URL aligned
- Title was aligned
- Minititle on page 2
I couldn't find the '2' code for the second page and could not find bar numbers. I'm sorry if the bar numbers (and the other stuff) are a hassle to add, but I promise you I tried to find it in the other file. Also tried to get the bpm and expression in the same expression, but I managed to brick the file and had to start the coding over. Also, for some reason, the tie in measure 5 to 6 is the wrong orientation. I actually managed to delete and add it back in, but it was still wrong.

Thanks for having a go.  I can fix the remaining stuff afterwards if needed, no problem.

Quote from: Jake_Luigi on April 18, 2021, 04:11:19 PM- I wasn't sure what you meant by putting the chords at a different height, so I did the separate layering. However, this made that section seem a bit cluttered. Thoughts?

By height I meant literally making them lower pitch (dropping an octave/inverting) but a separate layer is fine.  It looks a bit messy now with all the rests, but you can fix this by moving the second layer rests down below the staff (so they're not inside the notes anymore) and hiding them when appropriate (particularly the rest in bar 11/16 could be easily hidden, as well as probably the first one in both 10 and 14).  Also, the first layer rests in bar 9 and 13 shouldn't be dotted: write them as a quarter + eighth.

Quote from: Jake_Luigi on April 18, 2021, 04:11:19 PM- Ok, this part was giving me a lot of trouble originally, but I'm pretty sure your solution of bringing the higher guitars into the RH helped. Y'see, originally, I had it so those notes were in the LH, but it was clashing a lot and didn't sound as clear as it does now, so thank you for that :)

There are still some Gs in the left hand right at the end.  Also you might consider adding in the Ds as well on beats 1, 2.5 and 4 of these last four bars.

Quote from: Jake_Luigi on April 18, 2021, 04:11:19 PM- Ok, initially I was confused, but after many relistens, yeah, it starts at a Bb, not a C. However, I think while it was all lower, it wasn't equal, so I moved them all a step down the blues scale (Bb->Ab didn't sound right)

Sorry, that's what I meant.  I should have been clearer, but you got it anyway.

Quote from: Jake_Luigi on April 18, 2021, 04:11:19 PM- I couldn't get the bend to work in MuseScore, but I got a double grace note. Will that work, or do I need to get the bend?

Yeah you can't do bends on piano so I guess I meant just an Fn grace before the G.  I think that sounds better than the double, but your choice really.

Quote from: Jake_Luigi on April 18, 2021, 04:11:19 PM- Due to the second ending, there's no tie to the Db. What is the notation to fix this?

You probably have to manually add a tie/slur and hide the accidental.  This is probably not possible for you so I can add it in afterwards with the other stuff.

Quote from: Jake_Luigi on April 18, 2021, 04:11:19 PM- I think I fixed the beaming. I say 'think' because I changed some of the notes and don't know if your statement still stands

Again, I probably should have been more clear (and I can't check if what I said was even correct anymore because I don't have the old files).  Here's what it should look like:

Spoiler
[close]

You might also notice that I've changed the RH beaming and the time signature.  After listening to this again, I think it's actually in 3/2 rather than 6/4.  What's the difference?  Well it's basically the same as the difference between 3/4 and 6/8 but the unit of measurement is one larger.  If you listen to the drum pattern and the guitar it fits into this 3+3+2+2+2 pattern that you can break down as (3+3+2) + (2+2) which is 2 half notes followed by a third half note.  Breaking it into 6/4 suggests two dotted half notes with (3+3) + (2+2+2) which makes less sense to me when the percussion starts with a snare on what would be beat 4 and the emphasis the guitars put on what would be beat 5.

Another thing I'd suggest is putting four bars on system 2 so that you get the 1st time ending at the end of the page, with the second time ending starting off page 2.

Quote from: Jake_Luigi on April 18, 2021, 04:11:19 PMI do want to say though, this wasn't intended to be an ambitious arrangement (I thought Strago's Theme was much more difficult starting out). Sorry for putting you through this one.

Thanks again for the help, Libera! (And sorry this took so long, multiple professors decided to add another exam before finals and they've been kicking my butt.)

No worries, I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.  It's certainly looking a lot better now, even if there's still stuff to do.  As always, if you need any help with anything, let me know.

Jake_Luigi

Thanks for the feedback Libera!
Currently in the process of doing finals and moving back home, but I will do my best to upload revised files sometime next week.
However, I should note that it may take longer because both MuseScore and Finale Notepad no longer work on my laptop for some reason...
It should work on the home PC, but y'know, just in case.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I also realized that I was using my PERSONAL final X3 file, not the one directly from NSM. When I update the files, I'm going to give the formatting another go.

Jake_Luigi

Okay, finally got MuseScore working again (takes three minutes to turn on now rip)!

QuoteBy height I meant literally making them lower pitch (dropping an octave/inverting) but a separate layer is fine.  It looks a bit messy now with all the rests, but you can fix this by moving the second layer rests down below the staff (so they're not inside the notes anymore) and hiding them when appropriate (particularly the rest in bar 11/16 could be easily hidden, as well as probably the first one in both 10 and 14).  Also, the first layer rests in bar 9 and 13 shouldn't be dotted: write them as a quarter + eighth.
Oh. What are the rules on 'hiding' rests? Right now I just have them so they're not inside the notes.

QuoteThere are still some Gs in the left hand right at the end.  Also you might consider adding in the Ds as well on beats 1, 2.5 and 4 of these last four bars.
Added the Ds, but about the Gs... I don't hear the Gs, so I'm not quite sure where they can go. Can you please give me a timestamp for the ending bit you mean (ie the 3/2 section in its entirety or just the last four measures)?

- Made the double grace note into just a single
- Changed the 6/4 section to 3/2 (thank you for the explanation)

QuoteThis is probably not possible for you so I can add it in afterwards with the other stuff.
Yeah... that is correct.

Okay, I'm uploading the edited files, but I'm going to need a bit to edit the .xml file again. I'll edit this post when it gets fixed up a bit.
Thanks again Libera!

Edit: The better MUS file will take longer than expected... may have sent the title and credits to an alternate dimension (they're off the page).
Edit Edit: Used cacabish's code, fixed some of the stuff.

Jake_Luigi

In a VC with Olimar right now, I got some stuffs done.

QuoteWhat are the rules on 'hiding' rests? Right now I just have them so they're not inside the notes.
Olimar helped me with this (and also simplified some tied eighths).

QuoteAdded the Ds, but about the Gs... I don't hear the Gs
I was being dumb, I thought you meant Gs in a chord. I added them in. Since the sheet's in 3/2, if I'm correctly understanding the explanation you gave, then the beaming in the LH is wrong (and, you guessed it, MuseScore doesn't fix beamings which royally stinks).

Olimar also did the fancy second ending tie, but upon .musx to .mus conversion, it disappeared.

Also, the .mus file will not be formatted correctly for a bit as it seems the conversion process is creating... several errors, so I greatly apologize for that. (The files will be named accordingly so you know if it's still weird by the time you read this. Hopefully this will be fixed in a couple days because I need to sleep before the second shot's side effects kick in.)

Edit: Added page number and mini title on page 2. Re-added flats where they had originally disappeared.

Libera

Sorry for the wait, been thinking about this one on and off for a while.

It seems that a lot of the formatting has changed / got worse since the previous version that was uploaded.  Fonts are now all wrong as well as sizes on the url text, overlapping character direction and tempo marking, the margins, bar numbers etc.  These can obviously be fixed by me but I feel like you should be able to get more of this yourself.  Did you attend cacabish's talk regarding musescore to finale conversion?  There was a lot of helpful information regarding this in there; hopefully the help guide for that should be up soon, but maybe if you ask cacabish for the slides he can show them to you.

The main reason I haven't been posting is because I'm still not really sure what to do about the 3/2 section.  It's sort of functional at the moment but quite awkward to play, and it's not really clear what's going on in the right hand in the second half.  Maybe it would be more clear by putting the guitars in a separate layer in the right hand in the last four bars?  I'm not sure.  I'll try to get someone else's input on this.

Jake_Luigi

Hey there Libera! I'm currently still on vacation and do not have access to my laptop. I can hardly use my phone keyboard, so I'll try to keep this post short.  :)

No problem about the wait, I understand that you're busy.

In regards to formatting, you may have noticed that I only submitted one edit after the initial one after the last post. This is because I wanted to do a second (as you said, it's pretty messy as is) where i got more of the little things, but i had to do a bunch of packing and cleaning before leaving, so i missed a lot due to time constraints (and i bricked the file a few times when trying to do different text fonts, so that didn't help). I'm really sorry about that, both for forgetting to mention that I was leaving and for not being able to finish in time.
And you'll never guess the day I left... yup, the MuseScore presentation. I wanted to attend, but... yeah... I'll ask Cacabish for the slides so I can view them upon return.

As for the 3/2 section, do you want me to update it like how you suggested when I get back (Mondayish)? Or wait for a second input?

Thank you for your help as always, I'll fix everything I can when I'm home and have a stable connection

Jake_Luigi

OKAY! I'm back.

I went through Cacabish's 145 slide presentation, and I think the file is looking much better now in terms of formatting.

Other things I noticed:

Measure 15: Upon re-entering the flat (turns out, tied accidentals are what causes accidentals to be heard but not seen during the conversion), the beaming incorrectly changed for the last two beats.

Ending 2: The first note of the second ending will need a tie for the final version (musx only, won't carry between versions).

The 3/2 Section: As previously mentioned, assuming I understand your explanation of how it breaks up into 3+3+2+2+2, then the beaming in the LH is wrong due to both MuseScore and Finale Notepad not allowing me to beam properly (right now I think it's just all 2s).

Also, please let me know if the fonts are still wrong. They really ought to finally be in New Times Roman (I went through that whole style tab. The whole tab.).

Thanks again Libera!

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on June 22, 2021, 04:15:11 PMThe main reason I haven't been posting is because I'm still not really sure what to do about the 3/2 section.  It's sort of functional at the moment but quite awkward to play, and it's not really clear what's going on in the right hand in the second half.  Maybe it would be more clear by putting the guitars in a separate layer in the right hand in the last four bars?  I'm not sure.  I'll try to get someone else's input on this.
Going off what's in the current .mus file that looks like this:
Spoiler
[close]
- The left hand looks fine to me. Looks accurate and playable, and gets the texture across well. The eighth note to power chord jump in the last four bars could be a bit awkward but definitely doable.
- The right hand looks pretty okay in the first four bars except for some pitches I'm hearing differently. Each of the upper G's I'm hearing as an F, and I'm not sure if the first note in each measure is even there prominently. There's a couple other pitches that I'm having a hard time picking out, notably the 8th eighth note in alternating measures is written differently as Bb vs. D but I kinda hear both.
- I share Libera's confusion for the RH of the last four bars, where are the extra tones coming from? In the original it sounds largely the same as the previous four bars to me.

Quote from: Jake_Luigi on June 28, 2021, 01:36:40 PMThe 3/2 Section: As previously mentioned, assuming I understand your explanation of how it breaks up into 3+3+2+2+2, then the beaming in the LH is wrong due to both MuseScore and Finale Notepad not allowing me to beam properly (right now I think it's just all 2s).
I think this is fine as is. The 3+3 is syncopation if we're writing this in 3/2 and the beaming is correct for a 3/2 measure.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Jake_Luigi

Hey there Latios!

Quote- The left hand looks fine to me. Looks accurate and playable, and gets the texture across well. The eighth note to power chord jump in the last four bars could be a bit awkward but definitely doable.
Thank goodness.

QuoteI'm not sure if the first note in each measure is even there prominently.
I can't even tell which guitar is which anymore, it's 12:17am I will see tomorrow if the first eighth needs to be there.

QuoteEach of the upper G's I'm hearing as an F
This isn't the first time the high note has been questioned. It was originally submitted as an F, but was changed after Libera's first round of feedback. The GBA is super cronchy. I slowed that bit down to like 0.44x speed (thank you YouTube update) and I'm pretty sure it's a high F.
Wait... yes and no.
It actually sounds like maybe the first high note (excluding the one that may not exist) is an F... but the other in the same measure is a G?? I will test this tomorrow for sure.

QuoteThere's a couple other pitches that I'm having a hard time picking out, notably the 8th eighth note in alternating measures is written differently as Bb vs. D but I kinda hear both.
That might be what's happening there. I do hear something off.

QuoteI share Libera's confusion for the RH of the last four bars, where are the extra tones coming from? In the original it sounds largely the same as the previous four bars to me.
I absolutely promise you there is indeed another guitar added in at timestamp 0:52. I believe it is the same instrument that has the Ds Libera told me to add in last post. So it goes (on eighths 1, 4, 7, 9, 11) D, D, D, F F / D, D, D, C C. The problem is, it goes up to a F, F, F, G G for the very last measure, but I had to move those notes down an octave so it didn't clash too harshly with the G on eighths 1 and 4... but I might switch it again and see what happens since that was before a lot of changes.

QuoteI think this is fine as is. The 3+3 is syncopation if we're writing this in 3/2 and the beaming is correct for a 3/2 measure.
Coolio.

It is super late right now, and I do not have my laptop on hand... I will make some adjustments tomorrow (if I can, I may have plans) and see what happens. Thanks again!

Jake_Luigi

QuoteI will see tomorrow if the first eighth needs to be there.
Yeah... I'm not hearing that first eighth from the same guitar. Removed from the first four measures before the other guitar comes in. It kinda looks... off now though. Maybe that's just because I'm used to seeing all 12 eighths there, but let me know if I can keep those in.

QuoteIt actually sounds like maybe the first high note (excluding the one that may not exist) is an F... but the other in the same measure is a G?? I will test this tomorrow for sure.
I think this is true.

QuoteThat might be what's happening there. I do hear something off.
This one was a bit tricky, but I figured out what happened. I do hear both a Bb and a D, so that has been corrected (it took a few repeats on 0.25x to hear it, but it is there). However, I also found the reasoning I used in the initial submission. I used a remastered track to help with the ending (since there was less cronch, but that version is indeed slightly off in the 3/2 section, instead doing a Bb then alternating with a Bb D chord as the eighth eighth.

QuoteI might switch it again and see what happens since that was before a lot of changes.
Switched, but it looks quite messy now. Thoughts?