Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: The Yoshi Clan
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

someone [undisclosed] requested that I submit this

It had to happen eventually anyway, so...

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on April 09, 2021, 05:17:39 PMsomeone [undisclosed] requested that I submit this

Hmmm... I guess they must have been some sort of big fan of Yoshi or something.

mastersuperfan

you were so preoccupied with whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think if you should

- The fortes at the end of m4 and m11 could be moved slightly more to the right.
- What's the end of m21 RH supposed to be? Could you label it?
- I'm really tempted to suggest adding harmonies to the octaves but I can't help but feel like that's more than this track deserves

Yeah, uh, that's all. I'm going to go pour bleach into my ears now
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 09, 2021, 08:57:52 PM- The fortes at the end of m4 and m11 could be moved slightly more to the right.
- What's the end of m21 RH supposed to be? Could you label it?
Got these! Labeled the end as percussive hits, although just playing F's works too.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 09, 2021, 08:57:52 PM- I'm really tempted to suggest adding harmonies to the octaves but I can't help but feel like that's more than this track deserves
Indeed lol. In all seriousness, I did try experimenting with that and nothing sounded quite right as the original just emphasizes the single note through different instruments.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 09, 2021, 08:57:52 PMyou were so preoccupied with whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think if you should

Yeah, uh, that's all. I'm going to go pour bleach into my ears now
thanks for sacrificing your ears, files updated :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on April 10, 2021, 10:12:52 AMIn all seriousness, I did try experimenting with that and nothing sounded quite right as the original just emphasizes the single note through different instruments.
What you have is correct, but somehow sounds off... it's not quite as dissonant as the original. One idea I had was perhaps moving the LH of m2, 4, and 9 (maybe 15-18 as well) up a half step to create a major 7th interval between the two hands. I don't think it sounds as good in m1, 3, or 5-6, but in those other measures I think it gives a similar effect as the original. Up to you though.

Some other stuff:
  • It would be nice if those tempo changes were lined up.
  • I hear grace notes at the beginning of m5-6 and 12-13 in the LH.
  • I hear the 5/4 bars as 4+1 generally, so the half rest in m2 should probably be split up (the whole rest in m11 is fine).
  • The last two percussion hits sound accented to me.

Latios212

Quote from: Static on April 10, 2021, 12:18:14 PMWhat you have is correct, but somehow sounds off... it's not quite as dissonant as the original. One idea I had was perhaps moving the LH of m2, 4, and 9 (maybe 15-18 as well) up a half step to create a major 7th interval between the two hands. I don't think it sounds as good in m1, 3, or 5-6, but in those other measures I think it gives a similar effect as the original. Up to you though.
Oh gosh, yeah I think I tried something like that out a while back but this track is intended to sound innocent, not demonic xD I... definitely don't want the piano arrangement to sound like that lol

Quote from: Static on April 10, 2021, 12:18:14 PM
  • It would be nice if those tempo changes were lined up.
  • I hear grace notes at the beginning of m5-6 and 12-13 in the LH.
  • I hear the 5/4 bars as 4+1 generally, so the half rest in m2 should probably be split up (the whole rest in m11 is fine).
  • The last two percussion hits sound accented to me.
- I reset the manual positioning so they're all aligned with the left end of the timesig/beginning of measure, and also put the ones at 9-10 at the same height
- ah yeah sounds good
- yup yup, I agree
- can dooo

Updated the files, thanks!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on April 15, 2021, 08:38:29 PMOh gosh, yeah I think I tried something like that out a while back but this track is intended to sound innocent, not demonic xD I... definitely don't want the piano arrangement to sound like that lol
Fair enough lol

The rest looks good

mastersuperfan

I really don't like those grace notes in the LH. I feel like it's adding too much to what stay as an extremely simple melody. I don't really hear grace notes in the original anyway. At the very least, if you want to keep the grace notes, I'd recommend F# over Fn. Food for thought.

I'd move the m9 tempo marking up a bit. Having the tempo markings be a consistent distance away from the highest note is better than having them be at the same vertical level, IMO.

Not sure if this is just Finale-specific differences, but when I respace the music by note spacing, things shift around slightly. Maybe do that again?

Also the forte in m17 could be moved one notch right.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 16, 2021, 09:56:41 PMI really don't like those grace notes in the LH. I feel like it's adding too much to what stay as an extremely simple melody. I don't really hear grace notes in the original anyway. At the very least, if you want to keep the grace notes, I'd recommend F# over Fn. Food for thought.

I'd move the m9 tempo marking up a bit. Having the tempo markings be a consistent distance away from the highest note is better than having them be at the same vertical level, IMO.
Looking at this again... yeah I'll change these. The slight pitch bend seems more like a result of the instrumentation rather than something to explicitly write in. Moved the tempo marking up a bit too.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 16, 2021, 09:56:41 PMNot sure if this is just Finale-specific differences, but when I respace the music by note spacing, things shift around slightly. Maybe do that again?
I re-clicked all the measures and everything stayed the same, so maybe it's Finale versions...

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 16, 2021, 09:56:41 PMAlso the forte in m17 could be moved one notch right.
how about two

Files updated! :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Good thing Static approved of this sheet, because I don't

accepting

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by mastersuperfan.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot