News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[GBA] Golden Sun - "Venus Lighthouse" (Replacement) by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, April 10, 2021, 07:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Golden Sun
Game: Golden Sun
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Venus Lighthouse
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Latios212

Yay replacement!

- The F#'s in the melody in m. 13 sound like they should be one octave lower and tie into the F# in m. 14
- Move the top staff down away from the header a bit on page 2

That's it, this looks pretty nice.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Instead of writing a performance note for the bassline, just write it in a way that matches the groove of the piece:

The high notes line up with the snare, and it cuts down on the amount of repeated notes by a bit. Just a thought there, you don't have to change it.

Other stuff:
  • No low F# in m9? You have one in m7.
  • This might look slightly better with 4 systems on page 1 and 6 on page 2 (or keep 5 on both and just space them apart more). The systems on page 1 seem a bit cramped in the middle, so the staves could have more room.
Looks pretty great otherwise.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Latios212 on April 17, 2021, 10:34:23 AM- The F#'s in the melody in m. 13 sound like they should be one octave lower and tie into the F# in m. 14
I think this was originally a misguided attempted to prevent the choir chords from being on top of the melody while staying in the same octave but I put them an octave lower in the next measure so it doesn't make any sense. Just moved it (and the 2nd layer) down an octave
other thing fixed too

Quote from: Static on April 17, 2021, 12:18:21 PMInstead of writing a performance note for the bassline, just write it in a way that matches the groove of the piece:
[img https://i.imgur.com/8o3OF06.png img]
The high notes line up with the snare, and it cuts down on the amount of repeated notes by a bit. Just a thought there, you don't have to change it.
I'm torn on this, but I think I'll keep it as is, because it doesn't solve the issue. It's the 16th notes that are rough here, and if you're alternating fingers for those you don't want to start on a 5, it's easiest to start on a 1 or something.
Added the low F#, lemme know how the spacing looks now

files updated

Latios212

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 17, 2021, 02:32:50 PMI think this was originally a misguided attempted to prevent the choir chords from being on top of the melody while staying in the same octave but I put them an octave lower in the next measure so it doesn't make any sense. Just moved it (and the 2nd layer) down an octave
Yep, this looks good. Measure 13 contrasts with m. 17 where the melody does actually go up to the F# rather than down.

Did you mean to change the LH part just for m. 1 but not m. 2+?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Looks good, but I think you could move the text at the bottom of page 1 up a bit, and also move the systems on page 2 down a bit. There's a bunch of space at the bottom of page 2 compared to the top.

Maelstrom

oh no I changed it for m1 but forgot to change it back :notlikemiya:

files updated

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot