News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[PC] Len'en 3: Reactivate Majestical Imperial - "Walking a Road that Ends in Futility" by BlueKirby

Started by Zeta, April 22, 2021, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Len'en 3: Reactivate Majestical Imperial
Console: PC
Title: Walking a Road that Ends in Futility
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: BlueKirby

[attachment deleted by admin]

BlueKirby

pfp is by me

My MuseScore

play len'en and kid icarus uprising

Latios212

Nice work, this is pretty solid :)

First thing, the accompaniment. You have the chords mostly right but the bass notes and voicing are a little off. The left hand of the first few measures should look like this:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
The next few measures are similar, except the second half of m. 8 (the measure with the crescendo) should use G# and C#. The last eight measures sound like they just repeat the pattern from the first two measures four times.

The rest of the notes are good :)

A few words on articulations:
- I would suggest removing them on the eighth notes in the left hand (also as in the image above). I think that implies too much of a detached feel that the original doesn't have.
- Was it intentional to not put staccatos on the second iteration of the melody (starting in m. 5) because of different instrumentation?

Lastly, I would suggest using mp and mf as dynamics instead of p and mp since the song doesn't sound that soft to me, but up to you as you know the piece best.

Let me know if you need help with or clarification on any of the above! I'll help with the formatting afterwards.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BlueKirby

slogs myself out of a hole h

Quote from: Latios212 on May 02, 2021, 08:34:48 PMNice work, this is pretty solid :)

First thing, the accompaniment. You have the chords mostly right but the bass notes and voicing are a little off. The left hand of the first few measures should look like this:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
The next few measures are similar, except the second half of m. 8 (the measure with the crescendo) should use G# and C#. The last eight measures sound like they just repeat the pattern from the first two measures four times.

-

Lastly, I would suggest using mp and mf as dynamics instead of p and mp since the song doesn't sound that soft to me, but up to you as you know the piece best.

fixed

Quote from: Latios212 on May 02, 2021, 08:34:48 PMA few words on articulations:
- I would suggest removing them on the eighth notes in the left hand (also as in the image above). I think that implies too much of a detached feel that the original doesn't have.
- Was it intentional to not put staccatos on the second iteration of the melody (starting in m. 5) because of different instrumentation?

1. fixed

2. yep

hopefully i did this right

crawls back into hole
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

Latios212

yep all looks good ^^

Adjusted the formatting (in particular made everything 5 measures per system) and approved!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

• Left side of tempo marking should line up with the left side of the time signature
  • Did you intend m4 LH beat 3.5 to be staccato? Sounds the same as all the other measures to me.
  • Not sure if I agree on your dynamic choices. There definitely is a crescendo in m8, but m9 sounds more like a fakeout to me, like it goes back to mp. Then the percussion builds slightly in m13-16 to lead into the m17 section, which sounds the loudest/highest-energy of all the sections.

I think you should be able to make all of these adjustments to the current files with NotePad, but I can make them for you if not. I'll wait to hear your input first though.

BlueKirby

Quote from: Static on May 16, 2021, 05:30:14 PM
  • Left side of tempo marking should line up with the left side of the time signature
  • Did you intend m4 LH beat 3.5 to be staccato? Sounds the same as all the other measures to me.
  • Not sure if I agree on your dynamic choices. There definitely is a crescendo in m8, but m9 sounds more like a fakeout to me, like it goes back to mp. Then the percussion builds slightly in m13-16 to lead into the m17 section, which sounds the loudest/highest-energy of all the sections.

I think you should be able to make all of these adjustments to the current files with NotePad, but I can make them for you if not. I'll wait to hear your input first though.

(too lazy to separate this :P)

1. dunno how to do this
2. whoopsies! that was an error (i have files with that fixed, should i replace or just wait because it's such a minor thing?)
3. i personally hear what's written tbh, but i'm bad at dynamics haha...

i messed around in notepad a bit and had no clue how to do certain things so could i please have some help? (sorry if it seems like i'm not doing much)
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

Static

Moved the tempo marking and removed the staccato for you, and kept the dynamics the same. I'll accept now

Zeta