[DELETED] [XBOX] Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - "Startup Screen" by JediMaestro

Started by Zeta, April 25, 2021, 05:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Console: Xbox
Title: Startup Screen
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JediMaestro

JediMaestro

Edit: The title of the game should actually be Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Savior, conqueror, hero, villain.You are all of these things, Revan . . . and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone.

Static

Quote from: JediMaestro on April 25, 2021, 05:40:30 PMEdit: The title of the game should actually be Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
This, and the console should actually just be Xbox360. It wasn't released on PC until months later.

JediMaestro

Quote from: Static on April 25, 2021, 05:53:20 PMThis, and the console should actually just be Xbox360. It wasn't released on PC until months later.
Good to know; I thought it referred to all platforms it was on currently, not the one on which it was released.
Savior, conqueror, hero, villain.You are all of these things, Revan . . . and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone.

Kricketune54

Quote from: Static on April 25, 2021, 05:53:20 PMThis, and the console should actually just be Xbox360. It wasn't released on PC until months later.

I think you mean Xbox (the first... Xbox... not Xbox One)

Static

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 25, 2021, 06:00:48 PMI think you mean Xbox (the first... Xbox... not Xbox One)
yeah that's right... I can't read what I'm typing apparently

Quote from: JediMaestro on April 25, 2021, 05:55:52 PMGood to know; I thought it referred to all platforms it was on currently, not the one on which it was released.
In the past, we were kinda wishy-washy on this but lately we're trying to have it so only the first release is the one that gets the label. Only games that were released at the same time (within the span of ~1 month) on multiple consoles get the MUL label.

JediMaestro

Latios212

happy fourth :P

A couple of comments on the arrangement:
- I would recommend a tremolo in the left hand in the bass register in m. 3-4 after striking the triad in measure 3 (perhaps on B naturals?). The original has a buildup of intensity to measure 5 that the Dn-Eb tremolo doesn't really reflect that well.
- Don't think the courtesy flats on the Ab's in measure 2 are necessary.

Also, some visual things:
- You could make both system 3 measures. The first system is much denser than the second right now.
- Missing the footer with copyright and URL. Also, remove the Pno. at the beginning of the second system.
- You can also give both systems a little bit more vertical space - half the page is empty but the header, composer/arranger info, and tempo marking are all pretty close together. It'd probably look a little nicer with the composer/arranger info and first system lowered a bit.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JediMaestro

Happy Revenge of the Fifth, thanks for taking a look at this one haha!

Quote from: Latios212 on May 04, 2021, 06:32:58 PM- You can also give both systems a little bit more vertical space - half the page is empty but the header, composer/arranger info, and tempo marking are all pretty close together. It'd probably look a little nicer with the composer/arranger info and first system lowered a bit.

I've fixed most of the issues, but I'm not quite sure how to do this one on Finale. If I use the staff tool and attempt to drag the first system down, it also drags the second system down in parallel. If you were saying to lower the first system without lowering the second, how would I do that? Thanks!

Latios212

Quote from: JediMaestro on May 05, 2021, 09:49:59 AMI've fixed most of the issues, but I'm not quite sure how to do this one on Finale. If I use the staff tool and attempt to drag the first system down, it also drags the second system down in parallel. If you were saying to lower the first system without lowering the second, how would I do that? Thanks!
Ah yes I did mean to move both down by only dragging the first down :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JediMaestro

Quote from: Latios212 on May 05, 2021, 03:28:26 PMAh yes I did mean to move both down by only dragging the first down :)

Understood, I have uploaded updated versions that I believe have taken into account all edits.

Static

• In the recording you linked, that first chord sounds like it only lasts ~2 beats instead of a full measure (i.e. make it a pickup measure). The D natural also sounds (at least to me) an octave below where you have it, and it also sounds like there should be an A natural in the middle of the staff.
  • m3 (or m2 if you changed m1 to a pickup) LH sounds like it should be D-F-G-B (G7) instead of just a G chord.
  • Move the slur in m4 (or m3) RH down so it doesn't collide with the natural sign.
  • Composer/arranger text should be aligned to the right.
  • Bioware should be BioWare
  • ninsheetmusic should be NinSheetMusic

Libera

Static

I'm gonna go ahead and archive this one for inactivity. Feel free to resubmit in the future