Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Galaxy
Console: Wii
Title: The Toad Brigade
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: XiaoMigros

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

XiaoMigros

The current sheet doesn't even meet the current formatting requirements, and since I had my own arrangement at hand I thought I'd replace it.

Latios212

This is a fine sheet to replace ^^

Is beat 1 LH the only difference between m. 3 and m. 9 left hand? If so, I would say you don't need to duplicate the rest of the five bars in the repeated section - you could do something like have the repeat bars enclose m. 4-9.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

QuoteIs beat 1 LH the only difference between m. 3 and m. 9 left hand?
It is, just thought it would make more sense to enclose the whole phrase rather than split it. Is it preferred to do it differently? If so I'll change it :)

Static

Looks pretty great, just a few nitpicky things:
  • A half note on beat 2 that crosses over to beat 3 is perfectly acceptable, so feel free to do that instead of using tied quarters.
  • The triplets in the melody in m4 and similar sound staccato to me.
  • The colons in the composer/arranger text are unnecessary.

[quote author=Latios212 link=topic=11743.msg424071#msg424071 date=1620003176
Is beat 1 LH the only difference between m. 3 and m. 9 left hand? If so, I would say you don't need to duplicate the rest of the five bars in the repeated section - you could do something like have the repeat bars enclose m. 4-9.
[/quote]
Since the piece is so short, I wouldn't mind having the entire phrase repeat. At least aesthetically I like that it takes up the whole page. Either way seems fine to me.

XiaoMigros

QuoteA half note on beat 2 that crosses over to beat 3 is perfectly acceptable, so feel free to do that instead of using tied quarters.
Yeah, that's just my personal preference when I read sheet music, but I've fixed that to the more commonly used standard.

QuoteEither way seems fine to me.
Good to hear. I knew Latios' method would work, but repeating the whole phrase is more aesthetically pleasing.

As for the other things you mentioned, those should be fixed now as well. Thank you!

Static

Looks good, just one last thing: the left side of the tempo marking should line up with the left side of the time signature. You can probably also move it up a bit so it isn't so close to the staccato on beat 1 of m1.

Latios212

I'd have written the repeat differently, but I guess it's fine as is :)

A few last small things about this one:
- The dynamic should be moved down and left a bit (centered around the first note and centered between staves)
- The composer/arranger and footer text are a bit too small despite the text being set to the required size - I think you can fix this by going to Text > Size > check Fixed Size
- Make sure the URL is presented as https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/ with the www. and trailing slash.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot