News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[DELETED] [PC] Len'en 1: Evanescent Existence - "quotTendency That Sways Even Anchors ~ Lost Anchorage"quot by BlueK

Started by Zeta, May 27, 2021, 09:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Len'en 1: Evanescent Existence
Console: PC
Title: Tendency That Sways Even Anchors ~ Lost Anchorage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: BlueKirby

BlueKirby

love this one : D

edit: oh yeah, gonna need some help with lh/rh markings. hopefully i didn't mess this up
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

play len'en and kid icarus uprising

Static

• Since the title is so long, I would recommend using two lines so it doesn't go outside the margins.
  • I think this would look a lot less cramped (and fit nicely on 3 pages) with 6-7 measures per system instead of 8.
  • Grace notes should have slurs leading to the main note.
  • So, for that opening section, I'm assuming you want the performer to use the pedal to make sure all the notes are held. In this case, I would move all the notes that the LH should play to the LH part like you did in m1, 4, and 8. If the layer is on top, stems should be flipped upward, and vice versa.
  • You could include the Bb in m3 if you want, but it should be up an octave so it's playable. Up to you though.
  • m4/12/etc. LH (and similar measures): the bassline here is Gb-Db-Gb, not Gb-Db-Db.
  • I don't hear the Gb in m5/13/etc. RH.
  • m8/16/etc. RH beat 3 should be Eb in the top voice instead of Db.
  • Keep your voices organized in m13-16. The quarter notes in m13-14 are part of the middle layer melody, and the layers in m16 should be split to show the crossing voices.
  • It seems like you wrote the crescendos/diminuendos in m8/16 and similar spots to lead into the next sections. In this case, you should put a little note near them saying to only play the cresc./dim. on the 2nd pass. "2x only" or "cresc. 2nd time" would work.
  • Comb over m65-88 with the above points in mind, since it's pretty much the exact same part.
  • m44 RH should be Gb-Ab-F.
  • m48 RH beat 3 should be Db.
  • Might want to double check your chords and bass in m33-48. Some of them are wrong, and some of the rhythms in m45-48 specifically are also incorrect.
  • I hear the bassline in m49-64 completely differently... There's no dyads or other chords there, and the rhythms are off. For example, this is what I'm hearing for m49-51:
    Spoiler
    [close]
  • Any E naturals should be Fbs (usually part of bII chords).
  • m55 RH sounds like m47 to me, with the Ab restruck on beat 2, but I might just be going crazy
  • m62 RH beat 3 sounds like Ab instead of Db
  • m63 RH beat 1 sounds like Bb, and m64 RH beat 1 sounds like Db.
  • The starting "8va" part of an 8va line should begin slightly to the left of the first note, almost like its hugging the note a bit. The final hook at the end should appear after the note, not at the end of a bar. I think this was mentioned in the workshop a few weeks ago, so take a look at those slides when you get the chance.
  • Crescendos/diminuendos should not touch barlines.
  • As with your other current sub, you don't have to specify that repeats are included in the D.C. for game music, but of course it's fine to specify anyway. Either way you choose, the text should be bolded like other D.C./D.S. text markings.

Here's a file for you with updated formatting and I fixed m1-16 (note-wise). You should be able to make the rest of the changes on your own with NotePad, but if you need any help let me know.

BlueKirby

there's a lot going on on my end so im gonna have to take my submissions down for the time being. it's really overwhelming and i wish it wasn't this way, but of course life just be like that sometimes :amedying:
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

play len'en and kid icarus uprising