NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Author Topic: [MUL] Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - "Le Bouquet Magique" by Zeila  (Read 553 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Le Bouquet Magique
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zeila
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 08:43:19 AM by Zeila »

Zeila

• Rupee Ragtime
  • Beehaw
    • View Profile

Two things:
  • m67, m75-78, m166-168 I'm unsure about these sections in particular
  • m152 does "poco a poco a tempo" make sense, or would there be a better way to describe a gradual return to tempo after a molto ritardando (like if writing that in English would be better)?

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel

Wow. This is a really cool piece. It sounds like it could be something out of Your Lie in April...

m152 does "poco a poco a tempo" make sense, or would there be a better way to describe a gradual return to tempo after a molto ritardando (like if writing that in English would be better)?
I don't know much Italian past a few musical directions, but I don't think this really makes sense... right? "little by little" "in time"? The "little by little" should probably apply to an accel./rit. because an instruction to play at tempo is static. Here I'd suggest just using an accel. instead and indicating which measure you want to put the "a tempo" (if you even want an "a tempo" at all since it's really loose and slows down a few measures later anyway).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

• Rupee Ragtime
  • Beehaw
    • View Profile

Wow. This is a really cool piece. It sounds like it could be something out of Your Lie in April...
Agreed, the instrumentation and style are a great fit

I don't know much Italian past a few musical directions, but I don't think this really makes sense... right? "little by little" "in time"? The "little by little" should probably apply to an accel./rit. because an instruction to play at tempo is static. Here I'd suggest just using an accel. instead and indicating which measure you want to put the "a tempo" (if you even want an "a tempo" at all since it's really loose and slows down a few measures later anyway).
Yeah that's fair. I just wanted this one to be more loosely interpreted so I didn't explicitly mark where "a tempo" would go. I'll change it to "poco accel." and will update it once there are more concrete changes to make, thanks!

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: [MUL] Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - "Le Bouquet Magique" by Zeila
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 03:28:31 AM »

Really sorry for the wait. I really need a clear head to be able to go through this one... haha. I'll see how far I get right now.

- I think the chords in m. 19 don't have the B on top
- m. 21 - I hear the upper piano voice going A# > F# - maybe omit the A# on beat 3? (Or maybe I'm getting distracted by the low voice)
- The f shouldn't be on the chord in m. 36, it's suddenly quieter there. Maybe the f at the end of 35 and a mp or something at the beginning of 36?
- I would suggest taking the F# out of the dyad in m. 38 in favor of keeping the violin melody on beat 3.5 instead
- Gn should be F# in m. 48 (3rd above D# root)

That covers the first two pages, up until just over a minute in. Looking solid so far, I appreciate the attention to detail :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

• Rupee Ragtime
  • Beehaw
    • View Profile
Re: [MUL] Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - "Le Bouquet Magique" by Zeila
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 08:45:20 AM »

Really sorry for the wait. I really need a clear head to be able to go through this one... haha. I'll see how far I get right now.
That's understandable, this is quite dense. Thanks for going over it in the first place lol

- m. 21 - I hear the upper piano voice going A# > F# - maybe omit the A# on beat 3? (Or maybe I'm getting distracted by the low voice)
I still hear it as A# > A#

- Gn should be F# in m. 48 (3rd above D# root)
You meant Fx right? Done, and I also added a courtesy accidental in m49

- I think the chords in m. 19 don't have the B on top
- The f shouldn't be on the chord in m. 36, it's suddenly quieter there. Maybe the f at the end of 35 and a mp or something at the beginning of 36?
- I would suggest taking the F# out of the dyad in m. 38 in favor of keeping the violin melody on beat 3.5 instead
Fixed!

Aside from that, I went over it again and changed the following:

Spoiler
- m61 Added B's to the chords
- m69/70 LH changed B's to G#'s
- m72 LH added octaves below
- m81-83 made a few modifications to that run
- m84 LH beat 1 removed G#
- m85 LH beat 1 lowered an octave
- m123/125 LH removed E's on beat 2 and F's on beat 3
- m127 LH made it all one layer and repeated the B and D# on beat 3
- m130 LH beat 1 added an arpeggio marking here
- m135 added a low D# and E to that behemoth of a chord. If the left hand takes the lower octave then it still seems playable since there's also a ritardando for interpretation
- m140 RH added a G# below
- m144 RH beat 3.5 added B
- m145 LH beat 3 changed B to F#
- m146 LH beat 1 made the A's a rest instead; this sounds pretty empty but I suppose that is because the reverb/echo of a grand fills up the space in the actual song
- m147 LH beat 3 removed G#
- m148 LH added low D#'s to those chords
- m149 LH beat 2 removed D#
- m150 LH beat 3 changed E to F#
- m151 LH beat 1.5 added F#
- m154 LH beat 2 removed E#
- m159 RH beat 1 added F#; beat 2 added B
- m162 I lowered the second layer by an octave and shifted some notes to the LH so the RH could stand out more play the E# on beat 2.5; I also lowered the B on beat 1 of measure 161 to tie the melody note
- m169 RH beat 2 removed G#; added B and E to beats 3 and 3.5 respectively
- m170 RH added part of the violin melody here and included an E in m171
- m171 RH beat 1 removed C#; beat 2.5 removed G#; beat 3.5 added G#
- m172 RH beat 1 changed G# to F#; beat 3.5 added C# from the violin
- m191 RH changed G# and F# to E and D#
- m193 RH changed Dn to D#
- m195 LH added octaves except for beat 3.5
[close]

I hope that none of these are anti-fixes, but it wouldn't be surprising given the nature of this song ;-;

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 23 queries.