News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[N64] Yoshi's Story - "Tall Tower" by Bloop

Started by Zeta, June 22, 2021, 03:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Yoshi's Story
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Tall Tower
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Static

• I hear this just a slight bit faster than your written tempo, around 100bpm. Not really a big deal either way though lol
  • (De)crescendos should generally not touch barlines, unless it's going through a barline. In addition, you have enough space to line them all up horizontally, they're just slightly off.
  • I don't hear the RH dyad on beat 1 of m3 or 8. It sounds like it cuts off completely just for that one 8th note beat.
  • m10 should have a slur on the grace note like the others.
  • The RH chords in m14 and 15 have Bs and As underneath, respectively. For the RH alone it would be quite a stretch, but the LH could easily play those low Bs and As.
  • The Ab and Gb in those same chords should be G# and F#, respectively (E7 and D7 chords).
  • There are two additional voices under the dyads in m16-18 (G and C for example in m16). I don't think it's too hard to play all those notes with just the RH, but maybe I just have large-ish hands (but certainly not as large as maelstrom's)
  • Similarly, m18 beat 1 should have a B underneath the F-G dyads.
That's all I got, great sheet

Bloop

Thanks, fixed!

Quote from: Static on June 23, 2021, 02:22:01 PM
  • The Ab and Gb in those same chords should be G# and F#, respectively (E7 and D7 chords).
I kinda liked the a flat and g flat as a descending line from the a to the f, but it probably doesn't matter that much either way.

Quote from: Static on June 23, 2021, 02:22:01 PM
  • There are two additional voices under the dyads in m16-18 (G and C for example in m16). I don't think it's too hard to play all those notes with just the RH, but maybe I just have large-ish hands (but certainly not as large as maelstrom's)
I added one of those voices, mostly because the 4-note chords are a little bit jarring after the spread out 3-note chords, but also because I couldn't hear what the lower voice was doing in m. 18 (which is apparently a Db chord over a d in the melody o_O)

Static

Quote from: Bloop on June 24, 2021, 05:01:56 AMI added one of those voices, mostly because the 4-note chords are a little bit jarring after the spread out 3-note chords, but also because I couldn't hear what the lower voice was doing in m. 18 (which is apparently a Db chord over a d in the melody o_O)
Makes sense to me, looks good

One last little thing, the trill marking in m16 is going outside the staff, it might've moved as you were editing other things.

Bloop

Static

Latios212

Nice sheet! Notes all look good just have a few aesthetic things to point out:
- Flip the tie between m. 14-15 down so it points away from the upper layer
- The dynamic placement could be improved overall to be centered underneath the notes they apply to. Compare left (where I've poked them a bit) to right:
You cannot view this attachment.
The same applies to most of the other dynamics in the piece, they could use a bit of repositioning.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot