News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[N64] Mario Party - "Magma Mountain" (Replacement) by cacabish

Started by Zeta, June 28, 2021, 02:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mario Party
Game: Mario Party
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Magma Mountain
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: cacabish

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

cacabish

While this song plays on the board called "Bowser's Magma Mountain", the actual title of the song is just "Magma Mountain", according to the in-game jukebox.

Static

Quote from: cacabish on June 28, 2021, 02:51:55 PMWhile this song plays on the board called "Bowser's Magma Mountain", the actual title of the song is just "Magma Mountain", according to the in-game jukebox.
Interesting... Are the other boards/tracks similar in that way? Also m9-12, gotta love that Mario RPG motif.

Well other than that, I don't have much to say here. This looks really great, the only thing I'm wondering is if you want to specify pedal use for m13-16, since it's not immediately obvious to use it if you haven't heard the track before.

Also, you might want to add some additional dynamics. I don't think m9-16 is as loud as m1-8.

cacabish

Quote from: Static on July 06, 2021, 01:14:03 PMInteresting... Are the other boards/tracks similar in that way?
Yes, actually! All the boards from Mario Party 1 have the character's name removed from the track theme. I'm not sure why, but they are.

Source
Fun fact: this is also true for all boards of Mario Party 4, except for one: Boo's Haunted Bash, which I did a sheet for last October (which confused me back then and I had to go play that board to actually be sure that was the song's title).

I agree the dynamic for m9-16 is softer than for the m1-8, so I've rectified this. Let me know if it's sufficient.
Also, I've added pedal markings, but I've never added pedal markings in Finale v26 before, so let me know if I'm messed something up (especially alignment-wise). :P

Static

Yep, those pedal markings look good to me. The rest of the sheet does too, so I'll approve, nice work

Latios212

Quote from: cacabish on June 28, 2021, 02:51:55 PMWhile this song plays on the board called "Bowser's Magma Mountain", the actual title of the song is just "Magma Mountain", according to the in-game jukebox.
Updated the submission title.

Awesome work! Just a couple small things:
- The A's in the RH of m. 9 sound like they should be Bn (similar to m. 11). Probably put a courtesy accidental in m. 10 (like m. 12) too
- Should the first F in the LH of m. 11 be tied to the one in the triplet? It might look a bit weird... but I don't think that should be re-struck
- The last two systems are the same, right? You could use a repeat section like in the second and third systems to allow some more space between systems... but it's also fine as is since it's only two measures.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cacabish

- Alright, I've changed the A's to Bn's in m. 9 and added the courtesy accidental.
- While the tied triplet sounds a little weird to me (possibly because I've heard it the other way before so much I prefer it that way), I can understand the change and so I've made it.
- Finally, after a headache pleasant experience with Finale trying to sort out the repeats, I've added a repeat section for the last two systems (now made into one system) and added some additional system spacing, now that there is more space to work with. I didn't do this originally because it looked a little off to me, but then again, I haven't encountered anything with this many adjacent repeated sections outside of something like "The 12 Days of Christmas" and was unsure if it was too clutter-y. Nevertheless, I have made this revision.

With that, all files are updated to reflect these changes. Do let me know of any additional changes I need to make. :)

Latios212

Alright yeah looks good! Last thing is I'd just suggest spacing out the systems more to give the ottava lines in particular more room. You've got extra space at the bottom of the page you can put to use.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cacabish

More space it is then!  8)

I've added some more space between systems. I'm not exactly sure how much to add, so I added a modest amount and tried to keep the appearance balanced.
If there is a specific place you feel needs more or less space, do let me of the specific place as another round of just "hmmm, needs more space" is likely to be equivalent to me as "hmmm, needs more cowbell". :P

Latios212

Yeah! You could space things out a little more including lowering the composer/arranger info a bit if you wanted, in order to use up more of the white space at the bottom of the page:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
but it's also fine the way you have it.

Lemme know when you think it's good or want any more suggestions and then I'll accept :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cacabish

Neato! I like the more-spaced-out version! I was afraid it was going to look too stretched out, but it really doesn't -- it looks nice!
Anyway, I've modified it so it tries to use up the bottom space a bit more. I've added some extra space between the composer info and the title info, the top system and the arranger info, and more space between the systems.

Personally, I think the new version is pretty good, however, do let me know if I've accidentally taken it too far or if you have some more suggestions. I'd be down to hear them and make them!  :)

Latios212

Awesome! No, I don't really have anything else to mention right now :P will accept! Thanks for the replacement!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot