Title: Madame Couture
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1

[attachment deleted by admin]

cashwarrior1

Zeila

Thank you for doing more TFH sheets \o/

Formatting stuff
  • Just a general tip but you could assign text to a specific measure instead of page in the frame attributes. This way it'll stay constant when you do a bunch of measure distribution changes. Also the pedal markings in the custom SmartShape options are a lot easier to use than the one found in the articulations box
  • Write the Swing marking next to the tempo marking instead of under it?
  • m3/12 beats 1/2 RH flip the articulations so they're on the note side; personally I also think it would look better if you lowered the rest on beat 4 to the default position too, but your choice
  • m8 "Hey!" isn't centered on the note; the other text markings aren't quite centered either but those are miniscule in comparison
  • m9 beat 1 courtesy accidental is unnecessary since it's the start of a new system
  • m13 beat 4 RH lower the rest to the default position (which would be six steps)
  • m14 RH flip the articulations on beats 3 and 4 so they're on top
  • m19/20 lower the crescendo a bit so it's not so close to the stems on the RH
  • m21 horizontally align the dynamic markings
  • m24 lower the forte marking just a tad to center it to the crescendo
  • m34 this would be a tight fit but maybe you could move the rest on beat 2 of the LH to its default position
  • You could add a courtesy key signature at the last measure before the repeat

Note stuff
  • m2/6 beat 1 missing Cb/Bn in the chord (idk if this was intentional or not)
  • m4 beat 1 missing (high) Gb in the LH, E sounds like Db instead; possibly missing C in RH too, at least for m12 (very unsure though)
  • m4 beat 3 missing (high) Ab in the LH
  • m6 beat 3 and 4 LH missing Ab, and it sounds like there's no Bb playing on beat 4 but I could be wrong
  • m7 beat 3 E sounds like Eb? ; beat 4 you have an Fb and E together? Change the E to Dn and there's also a missing Ab in the LH
  • the same points above apply to measures 9-16; also when you change some of these notes, you'd have to adjust courtesy accidentals too like in m15
  • m16 beat 3 missing Bbb in LH (and flip the stem so it's facing downwards too!), and I think you can get away with changing the low Eb to a Db
  • m17 beat 1 if you didn't want to include an Ab here because of hand reach issues, I think it would be better to replace the C in the LH with an Ab
  • m18 beat 1 LH missing Eb on top
  • m19 beat 3 RH missing Eb on bottom
  • m20 beat 1 LH maybe you could add an F here even if it would be lowered by an octave; beat 3 RH sounds like C#-En-F#-G-Bn (idk about the proper enharmonic spellings...)
  • m21 beat 1 RH sounds like Cb-Eb-Gb-Ab-Bb, and maybe you can add an Ab in the LH to finish it off with octaves like the previous measure and a half
  • m22 beat 4 while the violin/string part does staccato, the vocal line doesn't, so you could also just remove the staccatos from both if you want to keep them consistent, or leave it how it is now
  • m25 up to beat 1 of m31 RH maybe you could raise this up an octave to reflect the timbre/instrument change
  • m25 LH there's a low C# here on beats 1 and 2 that you could at least add to beat 1, although it's understandable if you would rather not; same goes for adding G#'s to beats 3 and 4
  • m26 LH missing A's on all chords
  • m28 beat 1 LH you could add a slur to beat 2 here
  • m29 beat 4 / m30 beat 1 LH G# sounds like F#
  • m31 RH maybe add some grace notes before beat 1 to emulate the whistle sweep thing
  • m33 beat 1 G might be G# instead; beat 3 E sounds like Fn, and I think the C# would be better spelled as Db
  • m34 beat 1 RH B sounds like C and there is also an A# and G# present (you could add one or both); beat 3 RH missing Eb on top (or you could add it to the bottom to be consistent with beat 1); the accordion plays a G pickup to the E, so you could change the half note in the RH to a dotted quarter and include the G
  • m35 beat 1 I'm unsure if the G is really there; beat 3 there's a part that goes E (dotted quarter note) to D
  • m36 beat 1 G sounds like F# instead, and maybe change Db to C#? idk
  • m37 beat 3 missing Db
  • m38 beat 1 the same notes from m34 exist here too, but if you were to add any then I would do G# or none
  • m40 beat 3 I think it would be better if you spaced out the chord like in the original so that the D and Fn were raised an octave (and you're missing a C)

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Zeila on July 04, 2021, 03:44:42 PM
  • You could add a courtesy key signature at the last measure before the repeat
I dunno how to do that

• m2/6 beat 1 missing Cb/Bn in the chord (idk if this was intentional or not)
Didn't know that was there :p

• m4 beat 1 missing (high) Gb in the LH, E sounds like Db instead; possibly missing C in RH too, at least for m12 (very unsure though)
I'm not hearing it as a Db

• m7 beat 3 E sounds like Eb? ; beat 4 you have an Fb and E together? Change the E to Dn and there's also a missing Ab in the LH
oh o.O

• m17 beat 1 if you didn't want to include an Ab here because of hand reach issues, I think it would be better to replace the C in the LH with an Ab
Nope, I just uh have a bad ear .-.

• m31 RH maybe add some grace notes before beat 1 to emulate the whistle sweep thing
I don't think it sounds that good on piano (also I dunno what the notes would be lol)

• m35 beat 1 I'm unsure if the G is really there; beat 3 there's a part that goes E (dotted quarter note) to D
I'm not hearing the part that goes to D

Also thanks for taking the time to check the notes, I have trouble hearing them until it's pointed out sometimes

Updated.

Zeila

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 04, 2021, 07:27:23 PMI dunno how to do that
You could either add a flat accidental as part of an expression text and then manually position it to look like a key signature, or you could append a short measure with invisible rests, hide the barline before it, and shift the measure spacing so that the key signature is more towards the end. The latter wouldn't work in this case because of the repeat marking, although if you don't care for playback then you could just put the repeat in that short measure

And you're welcome :3

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Zeila on July 04, 2021, 08:35:13 PMYou could either add a flat accidental as part of an expression text and then manually position it to look like a key signature
Ah, I did that one.

Updated.

Static

What a track, huh
  • m3 beat 1 should be an Eb minor chord. Gb instead of Gn this time. This also applies to m11 and m35 (except Em that time).
  • Any reason you put the Eb section in Eb major instead of minor? It's a bit weird looking at m1-8 and then looking at m33-40, which are basically the same. I think this might be more readable in minor, personally.
  • m7 beat 2: At first glance the En should be Fb... but I think since this is functioning as a sort of +6 chord, En actually makes sense here. At least I think so.
  • I don't hear the Dn on m7 beat 4. Sounds just like an Fb major chord to me. Same for m15 (only the top Dn in Layer 2 should be there).
  • m7 beat 4 should be tenuto instead of staccato. Also applies to m15 and m39.
  • The chords in m16-21 sometimes have a few more/less/different notes than what you have written. Here's what I'm getting:
    Spoiler

The last chord should be spelled with flats because of how it resolves to m21.
    [close]
  • m23 beat 3: There are no other chord tones here, it's just Bb doubled in various octaves.
  • m27 beats 1-2: Dbs should be C#s
  • Since the chords are essentially the same in m33-40 (just up a half step), they should be consistent with the accidental spellings in m1-16. Many of those Dbs and Ebs should be C#s and D#s, for example.
  • This is kinda nitpicky, but the abbreviation of with is "w/" with the /.

Pretty cool sheet

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Static on July 16, 2021, 07:32:27 AM
  • Any reason you put the Eb section in Eb major instead of minor? It's a bit weird looking at m1-8 and then looking at m33-40, which are basically the same. I think this might be more readable in minor, personally.
I arranged the first measure and went "oh hey, it's an Eb major chord, it must be in Eb major" and went with it lol

Quote from: Static on July 16, 2021, 07:32:27 AM
  • The chords in m16-21 sometimes have a few more/less/different notes than what you have written. Here's what I'm getting:
    Spoiler

The last chord should be spelled with flats because of how it resolves to m21.
    [close]
I'm pretty sure the chord on beat 3 m 20 is supposed to have Cb as the top note, so that's what I put. I think I have the chords spelled correctly, changing the key meant I had different accidentals

Updated.

Static

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 16, 2021, 07:57:49 AMI'm pretty sure the chord on beat 3 m 20 is supposed to have Cb as the top note, so that's what I put.
Yeah that's correct, sorry about that

Looks good

Latios212

wow this piece is really something

Quote from: Zeila on July 04, 2021, 03:44:42 PMm2/6 beat 1 missing Cb/Bn in the chord (idk if this was intentional or not)
hm I kinda think this might be better without since it forms an awkward minor second distracting from the Bb melody

Quote from: Static on July 16, 2021, 07:32:27 AMm7 beat 2: At first glance the En should be Fb... but I think since this is functioning as a sort of +6 chord, En actually makes sense here. At least I think so.
I think this makes more sense to me as an Fb... you have a Gb7 chord here right? Beat 4 should be Fb as well in the right hand. I think this goes for m. 15 too...

- Missing "The" in the game title again :P
- Maybe a courtesy flat on the upper Db in m. 10 beat 3 RH? Since there's a Dn below
- The top note of m. 21 sounds to me like it should be an Ab (string and vocal line leading to the Db)
- Think the lowest RH note in the second chord of m. 24 might sound better as a Cn instead of Dn? I hear the tritone between C and Gb more prominently than I hear a minor second between Dn and Eb

Also... there are a few places where the vocal line gets visually lost a bit.
- I'd recommend splitting out the lower voice in m. 4/36 (m. 12/15 can probably stay as is). In m. 36 it jumps between staves from beat 3 (D#) to beat 4 (B) so I'd suggest either a cross-staff line like in m. 6 or writing in the B on the upper staff.
- The voice moves from B to D# in beats 3-4 of measure 38 but that is completely hidden by playing the same chords. If you want to keep the chord tones as they are you could write the voice in a separate layer to clarify.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

Latios212

Awesome, just one tiny thing - the cross-staffed D# on beat 4 of m. 38 shouldn't display the sharp since the sharp is there on beat 3.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Latios212 on July 29, 2021, 10:56:21 AMAwesome, just one tiny thing - the cross-staffed D# on beat 4 of m. 38 shouldn't display the sharp since the sharp is there on beat 3.
I wanted them to play it sharper  ;)

Updated.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta