Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Doom Eternal
Console: PC
Title: The Only Thing They Fear Is You
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zanza

Fantastic Ike

Hey, great start! Is this your first sheet? I just submitted mine a little while ago :)

Anyway it's in good practice to link the original music so that people can access it easier. In the future you can just reply to the thread with the video link.

I'm not going to critique the actual arrangement right now, but I can immediately see things that need working on. It's just formatting stuff so shouldn't be too much of an individual fix!

• First of all, there are a couple fonts that need to be changed. I'd highly recommend using this link as a starting point for all future arrangements. https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=481.0
  • You need measure numbers (just tiny ones, mind you) at the beginning of each system. Especially for a huge piece like this, it's really hard to tell where moments are. You get them automatically using the linked template.
  • So immediately at m1 I'm not quite sure what those brackets are. Probably best to get rid of them, as I haven't seen them in any other sheet on this site.
  • Also it's best to have an opening dynamic, and perhaps even expressive text next to the tempo to best inform playing.
  • Not 100% sure whether we use dim. and dashed lines like at m13, but I know for a fact that some areas with shorter crescendos/decrescendos like m100 definitely need the traditional crescendo shape (aka the v shape)
  • At m32 and other places, a pppp/ffff/etc dynamic isn't really appropriate I don't think. For pppp at least you can use n (niente) to acheive a better effect. But you may wanna consider more dynamic contrast, e.g. making some sections softer, in order to make the loud moments really seem louder. You can only strike a piano key so loudly, after all.
  • At m67 and other places, tenor/contrabass(?) clefs (like ones with the 8 above or below) aren't used in NSM. Octave markings like 8vb with the lines are what's better utilized.
  • For the last of my comments, there are a lot of rhythm grouping issues that you need to fix. I'm not going to go into all of them but be sure to look in the help section if you need references for how to group them properly.

Anyway, sorry that's a lot, but I figured I'd help you fix that now so someone can come in and actually get into the meat of your arrangement. Good luck!

Bloop

I mentioned something like this in the discord too, but there's a lot of stuff that needs to happen, before this sheet is ready for the submitting process. For that reason, I'll be deleting this submission. Feel free to upload something else, or re-upload this sheet at a later date if you've made some drastic changes. Either way, make sure to take Ike's comments here and the comments in the discord into account, as those should apply to all sheets in general. Make sure to take a look at the Formatting Guidelines and some of the Help Guides too, if you haven't already!