Bloop's Colours Project Sheets

Started by Bloop, July 14, 2021, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

Fixed everything!

Quote from: Static on September 11, 2021, 04:10:54 PM- Did you intentionally not put the slur under the 8th note in m45 RH?
I originally found it a bit weird to start a slur on a note you can't really play legato, but then again there are some of those that are in the middle of slurs too, so I guess this works better as a phrasing standpoint.

Static

Latios212

The Evil Count Bleck

I replayed Super Paper Mario last summer, good times :P

- The f is a little far right at the beginning
- The first system is a tad squished... I don't see an easy way around that after toying with the measure distribution a bit though
- m. 6 and 10 sound like they're missing a bass strike on beat 3.5. Maybe An?
- Staccatos for the cross-staffed notes (beats 1.5-2.5) in m. 7 and 9 would be better above the notes
- For m. 13 RH I'm hearing something different in the upper voice? From beat 3.5 I hear Db-Cb-Bb higher than what you have written, although that's a bit uncomfortably high above the main melody. Also m. 14 beat 1 sounds like it's missing a tritone Fb above the Bb
- Db in RH of the latter half of m. 13 needs a visible flat (the previous Db is cross-staffed)

Quote from: Bloop on July 19, 2021, 01:25:03 PMI heard a Fb instead of a Eb on beat 3.5 in m12.
I think it's an Eb
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on September 23, 2021, 01:24:18 PM- The first system is a tad squished... I don't see an easy way around that after toying with the measure distribution a bit though
I squished m1 a little bit more so I could desquish m2-4 a bit. Not sure if it really makes a difference, but it's something lol.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 23, 2021, 01:24:18 PM- m. 6 and 10 sound like they're missing a bass strike on beat 3.5. Maybe An?
Yeah you're right, though I think I hear Bb (An sounds really jarring)

Quote from: Latios212 on September 23, 2021, 01:24:18 PM- For m. 13 RH I'm hearing something different in the upper voice? From beat 3.5 I hear Db-Cb-Bb higher than what you have written, although that's a bit uncomfortably high above the main melody. Also m. 14 beat 1 sounds like it's missing a tritone Fb above the Bb
I sacrificed the lower octave of the L.H., so that can play a bit more of the main melody while the R.H. plays the trumpet part.

Fixed the other things too!

Also, I relistened to m16-17 again but now with actual audiostretch magic, and I'm fairly confident with the notes I have now. The tuplets on beats 3-4 of m16 are a low piano, which gets taken over by strings in m17 beats 1-2. There's a timpani roll stating on beat 3 of m17. Beat 5 of m17 actually has two staccato'd 8ths D and F in the R.H. (strings panned to the right), but there isn't really a place for them without a near impossible stretch of the R.H. or sacrificing holding the last F, so I just included the D in quarter note F.
Other additions are a Gb in the L.H. in m8 like in m12 (it's kinda obscured by a timpani but it's there), and an An in the R.H. on beat 4 of m17.

Latios212

Alrighty, sounds good! First system looks better for sure. Thanks for the attention to detail on the last part as well.

I will accept - Bloop can you generate the files since I just have v27 on my laptop right now?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop