Static's Colers Project Sheets

Started by Static, July 14, 2021, 09:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

[64DD] F-Zero X Expansion Kit - "Rainbow Road"
[Files] [Original] [Source]

[NDS] Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - "Cabanela ~A Lanky Man in Lovely White"
[Files] [Original] [Source]

Due to a lack of time and an abundance of laziness, I will not be replacing a certain sheet for this project. But I think these are good choices too.
Also note that the Nintendo 64DD has to be added as a console for that particular submission.

Bloop

Rainbow Road
Nice arrangement! I didn't know the existence of both an F-Zero track based on Rainbow Road, as well as the existence of a Nintendo 64DD.
Some things I noticed:
-Did you leave out the 8th-double 16th rhythms for variation's sake/playability? In my MK7 Rainbow Road arrangement (which has the same bass rhythm), I used a slur on the 2nd to 3rd 8th note, to kinda imitate that double bass rhythm. I feel the double 16ths are quite hard to play at this speed, even if you alternate the pinky/ring finger. Then again, I'm pretty bad at that tremolo technique. Just something to consider!
-At the end of m34, the second electric guitar voice in the R.H. goes to an E (instead of a C#). The second layer in m35 then becomes a C#.
-That second voice goes to a F# (instead of an E) at the end of m35, and a F# (instead of a G#) at the second to last note in m36.

Cabanela etc
Not much to say here! Notes seem alright. I'd write the A# in the R.H. in m34 as a Bb. As for formatting, the page number, title on the second page, and copyright info are out of the page margins. There's also enough space on the first page to lower the second staff in the first system, so the dynamic marking at the start of the piece can go centered under the first note instead of before.

Static

Rainbow Road
Quote from: Bloop on July 16, 2021, 11:08:53 AMNice arrangement! I didn't know the existence of both an F-Zero track based on Rainbow Road, as well as the existence of a Nintendo 64DD.
Thanks! The racetrack itself was in the base game (same layout as MK64), but the music track was only added in the expansion. There's not many things on the DD, but this and Mario Artist Studio (sequel to Mario Paint) are worth checking out.

Quote from: Bloop on July 16, 2021, 11:08:53 AM-Did you leave out the 8th-double 16th rhythms for variation's sake/playability? In my MK7 Rainbow Road arrangement (which has the same bass rhythm), I used a slur on the 2nd to 3rd 8th note, to kinda imitate that double bass rhythm. I feel the double 16ths are quite hard to play at this speed, even if you alternate the pinky/ring finger. Then again, I'm pretty bad at that tremolo technique. Just something to consider!
I only included the 16ths in sections where the RH doesn't have much going on, just so there's less to think about, and so that those sections don't sound too empty. For the other sections, I've added those slurs.

Quote from: Bloop on July 16, 2021, 11:08:53 AM-At the end of m34, the second electric guitar voice in the R.H. goes to an E (instead of a C#). The second layer in m35 then becomes a C#.
-That second voice goes to a F# (instead of an E) at the end of m35, and a F# (instead of a G#) at the second to last note in m36.
Both have been fixed!

Cabanela
Quote from: Bloop on July 16, 2021, 11:08:53 AMNot much to say here! Notes seem alright. I'd write the A# in the R.H. in m34 as a Bb. As for formatting, the page number, title on the second page, and copyright info are out of the page margins. There's also enough space on the first page to lower the second staff in the first system, so the dynamic marking at the start of the piece can go centered under the first note instead of before.
All these things have been fixed too, along with a few other minor changes and simplifications.

Thanks for checking!

Latios212

Rainbow Road

This looks really solid, not much to add :P notes look all good, so just a few very small visual things

- You could move the systems a bit closer together on page 1 to give the footer more room
- The slur in m. 15 would probably be better pointing up to the B# (with some adjusting because the default positioning for that is bad)
- The dynamic in m. 25 is a bit left
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

I'll go ahead and use my newfound Updatery powers and declare Rainbow Road as goooood and Cabanela as goooood

mastersuperfan

yeeeaahhh, baby!
- Thanks I hate the lack of space in the soundtrack title. Honestly I'd probably ignore it and add the space anyway but you do you.
- "Stylishly" the adverb instead of "Stylish" the adjective?
- Maybe staccatos on the eighth notes in RH layer 2?
- The note lengths in m20 sound shorter than how you have them now. Maybe turn the third chord into an untied 16th note + add staccatos to the other three chords?
- m23 LH beat 3.5 sounds like a 16th-note triplet (B#-C#-B#) instead of a grace note + eighth note. (Also m23 beats 3-4 should've been beamed but it won't matter anymore if you change it to a triplet)
- m25 LH beats 2.5-3.5 look painful, maybe raise the low notes up an octave?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 26, 2021, 08:01:48 PM- m23 LH beat 3.5 sounds like a 16th-note triplet (B#-C#-B#) instead of a grace note + eighth note. (Also m23 beats 3-4 should've been beamed but it won't matter anymore if you change it to a triplet)
I actually hear Bn now as the starting note for the pitch bend there so I used that instead. As for the beaming, I would've left it the same, m1-22 also don't have beats 3-4 beamed across and I'd rather have things beamed across each individual beat for this sheet.

The other things should be fixed I think

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.