News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[PS1] Xenogears - "Where the Egg of Dreams Hatches" by Libera

Started by Zeta, July 18, 2021, 11:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Xeno
Game: Xenogears
Console: PlayStation
Title: Where the Egg of Dreams Hatches
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Always glad to see more Xenogears
  • m2 RH beat 3.5: It sounds like the D is restruck here.
  • m11 RH beat 3: I hear an E above the C#
  • The half rests in m16/20 RH should be hidden
  • m17 RH: While there is a G in the RH, it doesn't actually resolve up there. It only resolves to the lower F#.
Nice arrangement

Libera

Quote from: Static on July 23, 2021, 09:48:40 AMThe half rests in m16/20 RH should be hidden

Whoops.

Quote from: Static on July 23, 2021, 09:48:40 AMm17 RH: While there is a G in the RH, it doesn't actually resolve up there. It only resolves to the lower F#.

Not sure I can hear the G that is up there, but the G I wrote in was just the lower G -> F# moved up to fit into the RH.

The other two things I changed as well.  Thanks for checking.

Static

Quote from: Libera on July 26, 2021, 02:04:32 PMNot sure I can hear the G that is up there, but the G I wrote in was just the lower G -> F# moved up to fit into the RH.
I hear the G, but not the F#, but if you wrote it to double the LH then that's fine.

The rest is good too, so I'll approve

Latios212

Quote from: Static on July 23, 2021, 09:48:40 AMAlways glad to see more Xenogears
- m. 9 beat 2 RH is misaligned, and I'm hearing C instead of D
- rit. in m. 13 is a bit far to the right. Also should probably be a fermata in the LH on beat 4 to match the RH?
- I'm finding the voicing in some of the measures in the second page to be a bit confusing. I see in m. 14 the high voice combines with the lower layer for the second half which is alright I guess. But for m. 16 it's a bit unclear at the top voice does this:
You cannot view this attachment.
I'd suggest keeping the high woodwind voice on top, stemmed up there. Also for m. 20, the beat 4 octaves should be flipped downwards.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on July 28, 2021, 03:10:07 PM- m. 9 beat 2 RH is misaligned, and I'm hearing C instead of D

It is misaligned, but I definitely hear a D there.  There's a C elsewhere, already written in to the left hand.

The other stuff should be adjusted/fixed.  I also misaligned the second layer in bar 17 to make it a bit clear what's going on there.

Thanks for having a look.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot