Game: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: King Tuft
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

cashwarrior1

Was unsure if I should change the second half to 12/8 or not (also if I should change the key or not). I think it still works fine in 4/4, and because the sheet is so short, it'd be easier to read.

Zeila

I don't remember this from the game even though it occurs commonly...

• m5 RH beat 1.5 G should be F
  • m5 RH beat 2.5 potentially missing G in between
  • m5 LH beat 2 I think it's worth including the lower Db here, unless you're concerned about playability
  • m6 LH beat 1 I don't think there's anything playing there
  • m11/14 RH I noticed that you left out the middle harmonies here unlike in measures 13, 17, and even 2/5/9; is that for variety or what? It's fine if you want to keep it like that, I'm just curious
  • m16 RH unlike m11/14 where you left out the middle one, here you left out the lower one (as would be represented on the piano anyways). If that was to intentionally build up or something, then you could try incorporating dynamics there too even if the original is static. If that wasn't intentional then yeah there are some missing harmonies there
  • m17 RH the second triplet's harmonies sound different to me, and here's measure 16 to boot (I don't feel like typing it out so here's a picture :P )
    You cannot view this attachment.
    Also, maybe it's worth adding slurs here for the triplets

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Zeila on August 10, 2021, 05:20:59 PM
  • m11/14 RH I noticed that you left out the middle harmonies here unlike in measures 13, 17, and even 2/5/9; is that for variety or what? It's fine if you want to keep it like that, I'm just curious
I think I was too focused on the horn line that I completely missed that inner one. Though, 5 and 9 I had left some out for playability (though I don't have a keyboard to actually check how playing it feels :p)

Quote from: Zeila on August 10, 2021, 05:20:59 PM
  • m6 LH beat 1 I don't think there's anything playing there
Forgot to mention this, but the timpani ends the roll on that note, which is why I left it

Updated.

mastersuperfan

Nice, just a few things from me:
- I think on m6/7 LH beats 4, the timpani might be better represented by C-G instead of Eb-Bb. That's how it sounds to me, anyway.
- m5 LH beat 1.25 top note sounds like Cb instead of C.
- m16 RH second note of triplet on beat 1, the middle note sounds like Fn instead of F#.
- m17 RH second note of triplet on beat 3, the bottom note sounds like An instead of A#.
- This is pretty hard to play... I'd suggest making some accommodations for playability. For instance, in m16-17 RH, I'd recommend removing the harmonies from the second and third notes of each triplet (i.e. leaving harmonies only on the beat).
- Likewise, on m5 beat 1, it might be helpful to remove the lower RH note on beat 1.25; I'm finding that particularly tricky to play.
- I would also suggest removing the C on m9 RH beat 1.25. Along with that, I would suggest making the bottom note on RH beat 1 a G instead of a B to produce a consistent parallel sixths line.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

cashwarrior1

Ah, a little hard to gauge difficulty when arranging without a piano 😅. So are measures 10-15 not too difficult, then?

Updated.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on August 25, 2021, 10:56:19 AMSo are measures 10-15 not too difficult, then?
They're... also hard. One thing to consider is that, as it currently is, it has to be played staccato, so if you were to remove some harmonies, that would also allow the pianist to play it legato like the original. It's up to you how much you want to remove/keep, but personally, what I would do is remove all the lower notes on the triplets on beats 2-3 of m10/12/14 except the one directly on beat 3. I find it really hard to play the lower note that falls on beat 2 after the rapid 16th-note triplet, and playing the lower notes on successive triplet 8ths is also hard. Like this:

(I didn't delete it in the screenshot but I might also consider removing the F in the very last dyad in m12 RH, since the jump from that to m13 is also tricky, although not impossible.)

However, someone better at piano than me could probably play more of the lower notes, so... your call.

In addition:
- Move the opening dynamic a couple notches to the right so that it's centered with the center of the eighth rests (right now it's centered with the left side of the eighth rests). Ordinarily I would suggest moving it all the way to the first notehead, but in this case, that makes it look uncomfortably close to the triplet "3", IMO.
- Delete the stray measure on page 2
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

cashwarrior1

mastersuperfan

Latios212

Looks pretty good... just one thing from me! What would you think about lowering beat 4 of m. 2/3/6/7 (and the tremolo in m. 5) down an octave in the LH to better differentiate the percussion from the brass? I think lowering those notes would give those parts some more punch without making it too difficult to play, but your choice
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

I also lowered beat 1 of m. 6 because that's also the timpani part.

Updated.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta