News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[N64] Harvest Moon 64 - "Name Entry" by Code_Name_Geek

Started by Zeta, July 21, 2021, 03:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons
Game: Harvest Moon 64
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Name Entry
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Code_Name_Geek

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Code_Name_Geek

I've titled this differently than the video because it plays when entering any name, not just for new animals (there are no official titles for any of these songs).

Static

Looks really good, just one comment from me:
m14 RH beat 3: Layer 2 should be 8th notes here (F#-G#), I'm assuming you didn't include that for playability. It's possible to play, but it might be easier if you moved those two notes up an octave. It's fine as-is too.

Code_Name_Geek

Ahhhh, actually I just missed the F# but I hear it now that you point it out. I did some playtesting at the piano and decided that it wasn't too difficult to play in the original octave even with my small hands. Thanks for catching that!

(Also fixed a few articulations I had forgotten to hide.)

Static

Sorry for the late response on this one, looks good! I'll approve now.

Latios212

Almost there, just a couple small things :)

- If the last measure has a quarter rest at the end, m. 16 should too.
- Not too sure about this one, but I think the melody may be re-struck on beat 1 of m. 18/22/26?
- First bass note in m. 29/30 should be G# instead of B
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Latios212 on August 16, 2021, 08:27:44 PM- If the last measure has a quarter rest at the end, m. 16 should too.
- First bass note in m. 29/30 should be G# instead of B
Fixed, thanks!

Quote from: Latios212 on August 16, 2021, 08:27:44 PM- Not too sure about this one, but I think the melody may be re-struck on beat 1 of m. 18/22/26?
It's really difficult to tell, but I think what's happening is that a second instrument is re-striking on beat one and the melody is holding through. Does having the harmony line re-strike but not the melody make sense? Or would it be better to have it consistent one way or the other?

Latios212

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on August 28, 2021, 10:26:57 AMIt's really difficult to tell, but I think what's happening is that a second instrument is re-striking on beat one and the melody is holding through. Does having the harmony line re-strike but not the melody make sense? Or would it be better to have it consistent one way or the other?
Ah gotcha. Either way works, but if you want the melody to be held over this is fine as written to keep the harmony from being mistaken for the melody on a listen.

Will accept :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot