News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

LeviR.star's Colors Sheet - [GG] Sonic Chaos - "Turquoise Hill Zone"

Started by LeviR.star, July 24, 2021, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Here's the sole sheet I'll be contributing towards the Colors Update, the first zone theme from Game Gear version of Sonic Chaos:

[GG] Sonic Chaos - "Turquoise Hill Zone"

[MUSX]

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Th3Gavst3r

I don't see this in the Dropbox folder and that zip link 404s. Did you cancel it?

LeviR.star

Sorry, Gav, it turns out I didn't have shared access to the folder, so it wasn't actually syncing my sheet through. This should be resolved now!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Nice work on this one!

-m. 1 and 9: I'd renotate the first two beats enharmonically so it outlines a F-Bb-Eb quartal chord (so all E#'s become Fn's, all A#'s become Bb's. all D#'s become Eb's, etc). The Fn's and E's are more natural to read, and it works better in a descending line like this (Eb-D-Db in the top notes instead of D#-D-Db)
-m. 8 L.H.: Beats 3.25 and 3.75 should be F# and E (instead of A and F#)
-m. 12 R.H.: I'd rewrite the Eb as D# (#4 in the A major chord instead of b5 - or 6 instead of b7 in F#m)

Libera

Again x2, Levi isn't able to make edits at the moment and so asked me to.

Quote from: Bloop on September 01, 2021, 02:05:12 AM-m. 1 and 9: I'd renotate the first two beats enharmonically so it outlines a F-Bb-Eb quartal chord (so all E#'s become Fn's, all A#'s become Bb's. all D#'s become Eb's, etc). The Fn's and E's are more natural to read, and it works better in a descending line like this (Eb-D-Db in the top notes instead of D#-D-Db)
-m. 8 L.H.: Beats 3.25 and 3.75 should be F# and E (instead of A and F#)
-m. 12 R.H.: I'd rewrite the Eb as D# (#4 in the A major chord instead of b5 - or 6 instead of b7 in F#m)

I fixed all of these, hopefully.  I also changed the Dn grace in bar 12 to a C## to match with bar 16.

The other edit I made was adding in a second time ending for the repeated section.  Bar 15 is not the same the second time around.  Unfortunately, this meant the sheet had to go to three pages, so I also adjusted the spacings and system distribution to account for this.

I have updated the file in the dropbox and have nothing else to add.  Approved.

Bloop

Nice! The first ending just needed to be extended to m15, as it started at m17 now, but I fixed that for you too! I had to move the accidentals a bit too as my version of Finale is a bit older, but this should be alright. If there does seem to be a problem, just ping me!
With that said, I'll accept this!