News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Started by jake3343, August 19, 2008, 06:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Koji Kondo
36 (58.1%)
Nobuo Uematsu
12 (19.4%)
Grant Kirkhope
5 (8.1%)
somebody else
9 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Jedesyus

Petpetfood

*cough cough revive*

I personally liked Grant Kirkhopes music. He had a nice style of composing imo.

Brassman388

Quote from: Jedesyus on July 31, 2009, 11:46:27 PMI still stand by Dave Wise as my favourite

Dave Wise is good. Especially his Donkey Kong stuff.

Tranzlater

Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Dalonzo

I vote for other. To me Yuka Tsujiyoko is the best (fire emblem music). Koji Kondo is my second but because of Star Fox music.

Brassman388

Quote from: Dalonzo on August 03, 2009, 07:20:35 PMStar Fox music.

Have you heard Hajime Hirasawa? He's the guy that composed for the first Starfox. It's pretty good.

mantis985

Personally, I like Graeme Norgate.  He did Jet Force Gemini and Goldeneye.

Dalonzo

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 03, 2009, 09:21:14 PM
Quote from: Dalonzo on August 03, 2009, 07:20:35 PMStar Fox music.

Have you heard Hajime Hirasawa? He's the guy that composed for the first Starfox. It's pretty good.

Really? I didn't play the SNES one. But the music is different right? Snes and 64 have different music right? (unlike most Star Fox games, that have the same songs with other arrangements).

Roz~

My favorites have to be Nobuo Uematsu, Yasunori Mitsuda and Yoko Shimomura.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Brassman388

Quote from: Dalonzo on August 03, 2009, 11:25:54 PMReally? I didn't play the SNES one. But the music is different right? Snes and 64 have different music right? (unlike most Star Fox games, that have the same songs with other arrangements).

Yeah, it's completely different. I didn't like the way that Koji just recycled for other Starfox games, that bugs the crap out of me. Yoshie Arakawa did an excellent job on orchestrating Koji's version. You should check that out too, or just play Starfox Assault.

iDennis

Dalonzo

@Brassman:
Actually for like a week I've been listening to Assault music. I've never played Star Fox games, and yet I love the music.

Brassman388

Then you'll need to check Hajime Hirasawa then. His stuff is good, it's bit 90's-ish though, not sure if you'll like that or not. Just a word of advice.

GreekGeek

Tsukasa Tawada, Go Ichinose (Pokémon), Koji Kondo, Kenta Nagata (Zelda) and some others.