News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Started by jake3343, August 19, 2008, 06:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Koji Kondo
36 (58.1%)
Nobuo Uematsu
12 (19.4%)
Grant Kirkhope
5 (8.1%)
somebody else
9 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 61

blah54

Quote from: Tranzlater on September 04, 2008, 09:24:10 AMI gotta go for Kondo, his work on galaxy was IMMENSE
Kenji Yamamoto did good work on Super Metroid and the Prime series.

kondo only composed i think 4 songs for galaxy, the only one that i know for sure is good egg galaxy and i think the observatory music... other than his remixed songs...

the majority of music in galaxy was done by Mahito Yokota though...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Tranzlater on September 04, 2008, 09:24:10 AMKenji Yamamoto did good work on Super Metroid and the Prime series.

I loved Yamamoto's work in Metroid. He should be on here.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dekudude

It's a bit hard to say-- they all have their ups and downs. Koji Kondo's songs are catchy, but repetitive. Nobuo's are long, and classic-- but a bit boring. Kirkhope's songs are often weird, but they're catchy too.

Are you asking for favorite, or best? My favorite is probably Kondo... I like Kirkhope though.

dahans

i have to go with koji kondo he is my idol  one of the best composers and noone on the entire earth has recognised his big talent except for Nintendo  Koji you are the best!!! grant kirkhope is good too, but everything he writes is nearly the same. this is only my opinion and i think a lot of people wont share it
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

The-Real-Link

Dave Wise deserves to be on the list. Not only was his Donkey Kong stuff really good, but so was his work for the Star Fox series. We are forgetting a few people though. Like Masashi Hamauzu (Took over Final Fantasy after Uematsu left Square) and Kumi Tanioka (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series)

random_goldfish

Well...there's a lot of talent out there...I love Kenichi Suzuki who did Earthbound music...his songs are usually very relaxing or straight up bizarre...the awesome kind. Kondo is a legend and Grant Kirkhope has really been up and coming.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Brassman388

I chose Nobuo, because his compositions have more feeling to them, and have more of a cinematic feel...I could use nobuo's work almost anywhere.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 22, 2009, 09:36:40 PM(kool aid).."OH YEAH!".....
ROFL!!!!! Oh gosh....that's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

Brassman388

The-Real-Link

Brassman388

GreekGeek

I think Koji Kondo is the best gamecomposer, because he has written so many pieces and there's so iconic, as mentioned before, but I think Kenta Nagata (I only know him from the Wind Waker) and Tsukasa Tawada (a personal favorite) are my faves. I love Tawada's piano/purple organ solos in the Pokémon games ;)

Brassman388

Haven't heard much of the pokemon series..i'll be sure to go and check out some of them.