Libera's Coulors Sheets

Started by Libera, July 26, 2021, 11:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libera

You thought that I would miss my own deadline?

A Blue Dove For The Princess "Nagase's Theme" - Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

Green Orange - ZeroRanger

Files are already in the dropbox.

Bloop

About A Blue Dove etc:
-m. 4: I don't hear a F# in the R.H. chord here, and I don't think the low B is there either. The L.H. D on beat 2 should be an E.

About Green Orange:
-m. 1 R.H.: I'd omit the lower F, as it doesn't play in the original and it makes the Bb-F motion of the lower strings clearer.
-m. 5-6 L.H.: The octave here should be tied to m. 6, as I don't hear another attack.
-m. 9: I hear the chord more like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
I don't hear a very low bass part, but I do clearly hear the F below middle C.
-m. 12: If you want, you could add a (black key) glissando down at beat 4.
-m. 14 with upbeat, R.H.: There should be an F below the Ab too.
-m. 19 R.H.: There should be a Gb on beat 4 too.
-m. 28 R.H.: The An on beat 2.5 is an arranged second voice, right? I don't hear it in the original at least. I'd suggest changing this An to an F, because I do hear a strings part going to the F on beat 3 and there's not an F in your arrangement currently

Libera

Quote from: Bloop on August 30, 2021, 01:20:05 PMAbout A Blue Dove etc:
-m. 4: I don't hear a F# in the R.H. chord here, and I don't think the low B is there either. The L.H. D on beat 2 should be an E.

I still hear those two notes in the chord, but I've changed the D to an E.  I think I just input that one wrong, whoops.

Quote from: Bloop on August 30, 2021, 01:20:05 PM-m. 1 R.H.: I'd omit the lower F, as it doesn't play in the original and it makes the Bb-F motion of the lower strings clearer.

I want this F for consistency with the other chords in the next two bars (three note chords).  I don't think hearing the specific strings motion is very important here.

Quote from: Bloop on August 30, 2021, 01:20:05 PM-m. 5-6 L.H.: The octave here should be tied to m. 6, as I don't hear another attack.

I'm pretty sure it restrikes.

Quote from: Bloop on August 30, 2021, 01:20:05 PM-m. 9: I hear the chord more like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
I don't hear a very low bass part, but I do clearly hear the F below middle C.

Yeah I hear that too.  However, I don't really want the bass to drop out going into bar 9.  I guess I could get rid of all of the low octaves in 5-9, but I think it helps facilitate the build up on piano.  I could add in the Bb in the left hand an octave down, but now it's going to sound really muddy so I think it's better not to.  I could easily add in the F in the right hand, but the balance of this chord is already a little pushed as is (1 Bb to 3 Fs) so adding in a fourth F is probably not an amazing idea.

Quote from: Bloop on August 30, 2021, 01:20:05 PM-m. 12: If you want, you could add a (black key) glissando down at beat 4.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't really want to.

Quote from: Bloop on August 30, 2021, 01:20:05 PM-m. 14 with upbeat, R.H.: There should be an F below the Ab too.

Yeah.  I don't want to just go to three notes for that one chord though, so I just changed the Ab to an F.  I think it sounds better now anyway.

Quote from: Bloop on August 30, 2021, 01:20:05 PM-m. 19 R.H.: There should be a Gb on beat 4 too.

Sure, sounds good.

Quote from: Bloop on August 30, 2021, 01:20:05 PM-m. 28 R.H.: The An on beat 2.5 is an arranged second voice, right? I don't hear it in the original at least. I'd suggest changing this An to an F, because I do hear a strings part going to the F on beat 3 and there's not an F in your arrangement currently

Yeah I guess it probably makes sense to go for the F there rather than an An.  Really I just want another note to boost these right hand octaves a little.  I kept the last one as an An though because Eb F Eb is a little awkward.

Files are updated.  Thanks for checking!

Post count matches the year, how exciting.

Static

Pretty sweet sheets here

Blue Dove
- Maybe use "Transcribed by" rather than "Arranged by", since it's not really an arrangement. Everything else looks good (also I'm a bit surprised this only the second Ace Combat sheet to ever be submitted here... nice to see some more)

Green Orange
- m3 RH beat 1: There's an F above the Eb that might be cool to add, since it clashes nicely with the Gb, but up to you. If you were to add it, probably put it below the Gb so it doesn't get in the way of the melody voice.
- m6 RH beat 3: There's a C in this chord below the Eb
- m7 RH beat 1: There's a Db below the Eb
- m8 RH beat 1: There's an Eb in this chord
- m8 RH beat 3: There's a Db in this chord, which I think sounds pretty cool but might be a bit too dissonant when you voice it right above the C.
- m10 LH: It sounds like the guitar part comes in on the offbeat before, like between m11-12, though I guess it doesn't really matter that much in a fade-in.
- m21 RH beat 4.5: The low voice in the lead part goes down to F here instead of Ab (which coincidentally aligns with the background voice too).
- m30 RH: Consider removing the upper octave (or making it 5ths) and/or lowering the dynamic in this measure; these notes don't sound nearly as loud or powerful as the ones in m29/31. In addition, it sounds more like Ab-Cb to me as the top voice rather than Eb-Gb

Libera

Quote from: Static on September 07, 2021, 01:56:42 PMBlue Dove
- Maybe use "Transcribed by" rather than "Arranged by", since it's not really an arrangement. Everything else looks good (also I'm a bit surprised this only the second Ace Combat sheet to ever be submitted here... nice to see some more)

Yeah I get that it's probably more correct but I just prefer to not really think about it.  We're all called 'Arrangers' on site anyway so I don't think it really matters that much.

Quote from: Static on September 07, 2021, 01:56:42 PM- m3 RH beat 1: There's an F above the Eb that might be cool to add, since it clashes nicely with the Gb, but up to you. If you were to add it, probably put it below the Gb so it doesn't get in the way of the melody voice.
- m6 RH beat 3: There's a C in this chord below the Eb
- m7 RH beat 1: There's a Db below the Eb
- m8 RH beat 1: There's an Eb in this chord
- m8 RH beat 3: There's a Db in this chord, which I think sounds pretty cool but might be a bit too dissonant when you voice it right above the C.
- m21 RH beat 4.5: The low voice in the lead part goes down to F here instead of Ab (which coincidentally aligns with the background voice too).

Lots of nice spots here.  I think I may have somewhat rushed this arrangement to finish it in time before I left.  Thanks for the help.  I didn't add in the Db in bar 8, partially because I'm not super sure it's there but also because I think it sounds a bit much on piano with this voicing.

Quote from: Static on September 07, 2021, 01:56:42 PM- m10 LH: It sounds like the guitar part comes in on the offbeat before, like between m11-12, though I guess it doesn't really matter that much in a fade-in.

I tried to keep it simple with this fade in, to give the 'chord' in bar 9 a bit of room (there's only so quietly someone could really play the fade in on piano) and I think it's just a bit cleaner to start on the beat.

Quote from: Static on September 07, 2021, 01:56:42 PM- m30 RH: Consider removing the upper octave (or making it 5ths) and/or lowering the dynamic in this measure; these notes don't sound nearly as loud or powerful as the ones in m29/31. In addition, it sounds more like Ab-Cb to me as the top voice rather than Eb-Gb

Sure, I like it.

Thanks for the feedback.  I've updated Green Orange in the dropbox folder.

Static

Bloop

I'll go ahead and accept both too! I didn't find anything else to comment on.