[NES] The 3-D Battles of WorldRunner - "Stage Theme" by Jacopo Tore & Andrea Licheri

Started by Zeta, August 05, 2021, 12:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: The 3-D Battles of WorldRunner
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Stage Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Jacopo Tore & Andrea Licheri

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Radiak488417

Looks pretty good overall! Here's some feedback:

You currently have very few articulations on this sheet. This song actually has quite a bit of articulation, but the video you linked has this annoying reverb effect which makes it really hard to hear the decay of the notes. Try listening to this video instead and see if you can pick some of the articulations out⁠—for example, the LH should be staccato for the entire sheet, except for the 16th run in m21 (you could add a slur there).

-m1-2 RH could use an 8va marking. This would also free up more room for the composer/arranger text, which is crowding the title currently.
-m10 LH beat 3 the B should be up an octave and in the RH.
-m11 LH doesn't look super playable at speed, I think raising the top line an octave and putting it in the RH like you did with m2 would be much more manageable.
-Tempo should be 180 bpm (it's playing back as 180, but the marking says 120?)
-I think mf would be a more appropriate dynamic.
-You're missing a repeat direction at the end of the sheet; in this case it should be a D.S. with a segno in m3.
-I'd suggest changing the title to "Stage Theme", since that seems to be the most commonly accepted title online.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Radiak488417 on August 11, 2021, 01:47:29 PM-m10 LH beat 3 the B should be up an octave and in the RH.

I have problems at this point, can you explain to me which plug-in to use and how to set it up? To make sure that the G remains in the left hand

Radiak488417

Latios212

Quote from: Radiak488417 on August 11, 2021, 01:47:29 PM-m11 LH doesn't look super playable at speed, I think raising the top line an octave and putting it in the RH like you did with m2 would be much more manageable.
Did you give this a look?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Radiak488417

Quote from: JacopoTore on September 06, 2021, 10:19:47 AMhaha
did it
Ah I didn't see that you updated the files, sorry about that!

This is looking really nice! There are still some articulations you're missing in the A section, for example in m3 RH all notes should be staccato except for beat 1 and beat 3. Other than that, here's some formatting stuff:

-The composer/arranger info and title are still looking a bit cramped, I would move the title up and the composer/arranger info down so that they aren't intersecting, and reduce the amount of space between the titles and subtitles. You could also remove or squish the slur in m2 to make even more space, but I understand if you want to keep it the way it is.
-Tempo text could be moved down a bit
-The start of the 8va in m1 could be moved a little bit to the left. Additionally, it doesn't need to extend all the way to the end of m2, just to the final notes.
-The segno in m3 should be centered over the barline.
-The volta bracket in m18-19 is disconnected a tiny bit, it should be a continuous line.

Radiak488417

Almost there! The staccatos in m3 look good, but I was just using m3 as an example—the rest of the RH in the A section still needs more staccatos. I would still highly recommend listening to the video I linked (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPZMFzPEQc8) in order to find all of them, but in the interest of getting this accepted, I'll just list all of them here:

-m4 all notes except beats 1, 3 and 4
-m5 all notes except beats 1, 2, 3 and 4 (every offbeat)
-m6 all notes except beats 1, 3 and 4
-m7 all notes except beats 1 and 3
-m8 all notes except beats 1, 3 and 4
-m9 all notes except beats 1, 2 and 3
-m10 all notes except beat 1 (I'd also make beat 3 a quarter instead of an 8th)
-m11 all notes except beat 1

Also it looks like you deleted the staccato on beat 1 of m3 LH, it should still be there.

Finally, like Latios mentioned, I would still strongly advocate doing this for m11 to make it easier to play:

JacopoTore

Quote from: Radiak488417 on October 31, 2021, 10:58:01 AMAlmost there! The staccatos in m3 look good, but I was just using m3 as an example—the rest of the RH in the A section still needs more staccatos. I would still highly recommend listening to the video I linked (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPZMFzPEQc8) in order to find all of them, but in the interest of getting this accepted, I'll just list all of them here:

-m4 all notes except beats 1, 3 and 4
-m5 all notes except beats 1, 2, 3 and 4 (every offbeat)
-m6 all notes except beats 1, 3 and 4
-m7 all notes except beats 1 and 3
-m8 all notes except beats 1, 3 and 4
-m9 all notes except beats 1, 2 and 3
-m10 all notes except beat 1 (I'd also make beat 3 a quarter instead of an 8th)
-m11 all notes except beat 1

Also it looks like you deleted the staccato on beat 1 of m3 LH, it should still be there.

Finally, like Latios mentioned, I would still strongly advocate doing this for m11 to make it easier to play:

First of all, thank you for the help and for the corrections, which are so precise and clear.
Regarding the last point, I disagree on changing the octave to facilitate the performance of many pianists.

We can talk about that.

Radiak488417

Quote from: JacopoTore on November 10, 2021, 09:33:48 AMFirst of all, thank you for the help and for the corrections, which are so precise and clear.
No problem, happy to help out!

For m11, here's my reasoning for raising the line an octave: I personally can't play it the way you have it written out, a white-to-black tenth is impossible for me to reach without rolling. If it was in a slower context with pedal it wouldn't be an issue, but at 180 BPM and staccato, most people I know would find this prohibitively difficult to play. Plus, in measure 2 you've already raised the middle line an octave from where it is in the original, so why not do it again here?

Latios212

Quote from: Radiak488417 on November 16, 2021, 08:00:19 PMFor m11, here's my reasoning for raising the line an octave: I personally can't play it the way you have it written out, a white-to-black tenth is impossible for me to reach without rolling. If it was in a slower context with pedal it wouldn't be an issue, but at 180 BPM and staccato, most people I know would find this prohibitively difficult to play. Plus, in measure 2 you've already raised the middle line an octave from where it is in the original, so why not do it again here?
For what it's worth, I completely agree with Radiak here~
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Radiak488417 on November 16, 2021, 08:00:19 PMNo problem, happy to help out!

For m11, here's my reasoning for raising the line an octave: I personally can't play it the way you have it written out, a white-to-black tenth is impossible for me to reach without rolling. If it was in a slower context with pedal it wouldn't be an issue, but at 180 BPM and staccato, most people I know would find this prohibitively difficult to play. Plus, in measure 2 you've already raised the middle line an octave from where it is in the original, so why not do it again here?

The first part is transposed to avoid intervals of a thirteenth, not a tenth, the question of speed is related to who plays it, not everyone can agree that this part is too fast and often those who cannot reach a tenth interval do not he stops performing (even excellently) the music of Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt or even a stupid transcription like this. As far as I'm concerned, it is more important to me to transcribe the music for video games as faithfully as possible and not make the music playable for those who are unable to perform it.

However, I edited the song
I'm sorry you can't play it.

-

La prima parte è trasposta per evitare intervalli di tredicesima, non di decima, la questione della velocità è relativaa chi la suona, non tutti possono essere d'accordo che questa parte sia troppo veloce e spesso chi non riesce a raggiungere un intervallo di decima non smette di eseguire (anche egregiamente) la musica di Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt o anche una trascrizione stupida come questa. Per quanto mi riguarda mi sta più a cuore trascrivere il più fedelmente possibile la musica per videogiochi e non rendere la musica eseguibile a chi non è capace di eseguirla.

Ho comunque modificato il brano
mi dispiace che non riesci a suonarlo.