News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [NES] Déjà Vu - "Awaken" by Lumaga

Started by Zeta, August 19, 2021, 02:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Déjà Vu
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Awaken
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Lumaga

Atcero

Oh boy oh boy more Kemco-Seika songs lets go.

So a few things I noticed:
  • For copyright, I do believe it should be Kemco-Seika rather than just Kemco since thats what it was distributed under during this game's release but an updater would know more
  • m2 LH: The C does not start until the very end, beat 6. I hear in repeat though it keeps, so you may want to move the repeat or have a note of what note to play on repeat (if it matters enough to the updaters, I think its distinct enough personally to have something like that)
  • m8 RH: beat 1 F# should have a Fn grace note. it is not in m32 however, just m8.
  • The Composed and Arranged by should be moved down a bit since ya got some space
  • I'd move one measure over to the other page since you only got one measure on it, or see if you can fit everything on one page somehow
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Static

In addition to all the above...

You beamed most of this in 3/4 time, when the time signature (correctly) says 6/8. Here's what I mean:

In 3/4 time, there are 3 beats per measure (think 2+2+2 8th note divisions)

That's what this is.

But in 6/8, there are two beats per measure. Groups of three 8th notes that get the pulse (3+3). There are the same amount of 8th notes in each measure (6), but they are grouped differently. So, this would be the correct beaming:

You can create/break beams by highlighting a note with the Selection Tool and pressing the "/" key.

When you have a quarter note in the middle of a measure, you can rewrite that as two tied 8th notes:

Also, all D#s and F#s should be Ebs and Gbs. This piece is in C minor and uses the minor blues scale.

Latios212

I messaged Lumaga who mentioned they've been very busy lately and unable to put in the time for these couple of sheets.

I'm going to archive them for later, feel free to resubmit at your convenience with changes from the feedback :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle