Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Chill
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

Static

Looks pretty good overall
  • This piece is in A minor, not E minor.
  • The end of the 8va line can move a bit to the left; it should end right after the last note it wraps around. The right side can move just a bit to the right as well.
  • m13-20 RH: The 8th notes in this melody don't really sound staccato to me. I'd recommend just leaving it plain.
  • m16 RH: You could include the fall here if you want, or not, it sounds good either way. I would maybe extend the note a bit if you're not including the fall though (maybe a half note).
  • m24 LH: This chord could be interpreted as an It+6 if it moved to an E chord after... but I think in this case it would be best to just spell it as an F7 and use Eb instead of D#.
  • Those offbeat 16th note rhythms on page 3 should be beamed together across each beat.
  • m44/46/48/50/52 LH beat 3: The E should be E#
  • m44/46/48/50/52 LH beat 4.75: The F# should be a low D
  • It almost sounds like the F in m46 should be tied to m47, but it's a bit hard to tell.
  • m49 RH: Db should be C# (Amaj scale)
  • m51 RH: Eb should be D# (Bmaj scale)
  • m52 RH: You could also include the falls here if you wanted to, but it's fine either way.

NineLives

Mkay. The sheet has been updated. The falls were left out.

Static

Looks good, just a few more additional comments:
  • When you change key signatures, be sure to check "Hold notes to original pitches chromatically", so that the accidentals remain the same. This caused a few issues in your sheet:
    • m2 RH should be spelled as Eb-Gb
    • The chromatic figure in m47-48 should be spelled with flats since it goes downward.
    • D#s in m57-64 should be Ebs
  • The 8va lines look the same as before. Here's a picture of what I meant, with each end being closer to the notes (also applies to m25-32):
  • The quarter notes in m13-20 RH still should be staccato, I just meant the 8th notes
  • The systems on page 4 should be spaced similarly to the ones on pages 2-3. The top staff is closer to the top than on those previous pages.

NineLives

I'm pretty sure I did set it to "chromatically" and it ended up the same. Well, either way, I believe I got everything above. Anything I missed?

Static

Not sure why it changed the accidentals then, but whatever, it looks fine now. I'll approve

Latios212

Looks great, just a few comments on rhythm groupings:
- m. 26/28/30/32 have a quarter going through beat 3 in the RH. Change that to eighth + half rest
- Similar for the quarter rest in m. 48
- I would suggest not beaming together groups of three eighth notes in places like m. 7 LH, opting to break the beam at the beat. This isn't mandatory of course, though I and others think it tends to look a little neater. To easily change this everywhere, go to document > document options > beams and uncheck "include rests when beaming in groups of 4" and "beam three notes before/after an eighth rest" (thanks MSF)

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

Mkie dokie! Sheet's been updated with the fixes!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot