News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[NES] Mega Man - "Ice Man Stage" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, August 30, 2021, 07:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Ice Man Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

You know? This one wasn't actually as bad as I expected.

Replacing "Fire Man Stage", however? That's gonna be painful, mark my words.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Nice work! I don't think there's much to say about this one, except one thing: the bass note in m. 14 beat 3 is supposed to be a G, I think. The song is tuned a bit differently, so the note itself does lean more toward a Gb, but it doesn't work that well on piano and doesn't really make sense as the rest of beats 3 and 4 is playing a G chord.

Another small thing is that you don't necessarily need the repeat ending stuff in m. 15-19, if you use 4 measures per system for that part. It may look a bit crunched compared to the rest of the sheet though. The endings just kinda complicate things without it being that necessary, but if you prefer keeping them, that's fine too!

Libera

Notes look great.  It sounds like a Gb to me in bar 14.  If you wanted my opinion, I don't really think it sounds bad this way either.

-Any reason for not adding in the triangle tom pickup?
-I don't think you need the second layer rest on beat 3 in bar 14; the beat 4 second layer notes are coming from the second layer in the LH, so I think it's clear what is going on here without the rest.  The beat 4 rest should be there in the LH though, for the first layer.

Libera

Again, Levi is unable to make edits and has asked me to.

Quote from: Bloop on August 31, 2021, 11:21:24 AMNice work! I don't think there's much to say about this one, except one thing: the bass note in m. 14 beat 3 is supposed to be a G, I think. The song is tuned a bit differently, so the note itself does lean more toward a Gb, but it doesn't work that well on piano and doesn't really make sense as the rest of beats 3 and 4 is playing a G chord.

Another small thing is that you don't necessarily need the repeat ending stuff in m. 15-19, if you use 4 measures per system for that part. It may look a bit crunched compared to the rest of the sheet though. The endings just kinda complicate things without it being that necessary, but if you prefer keeping them, that's fine too!

I'm pretty sure this is a Gb, not an out of tune Gn.  Levi also agrees, so I've left that as is.  You can sort of view it as a resolution to Gb along with a C major run going into the C chord in the next bar.  Something like that anyway.

Levi wasn't too keen on changing the repeat structure at the end because of the increased density compared to the rest of the sheet that it would bring.

Quote from: Libera on September 04, 2021, 09:43:35 AMNotes look great.  It sounds like a Gb to me in bar 14.  If you wanted my opinion, I don't really think it sounds bad this way either.

-Any reason for not adding in the triangle tom pickup?
-I don't think you need the second layer rest on beat 3 in bar 14; the beat 4 second layer notes are coming from the second layer in the LH, so I think it's clear what is going on here without the rest.  The beat 4 rest should be there in the LH though, for the first layer.

For the record, I wasn't really mandating adding it in but was interested in the reasoning for excluding it.  If you're interested, it's because it's a) possible to cut since it's at the start; b) not very interesting and doesn't sound good on piano; and c) because it would mess with the hypermeter.

I've edited the rests in bar 6 as I suggested.

Approved.

Bloop

Sounds all good! I'll concede with the Gb, because I can't deny it's in the original. I just wonder if it's what the composer originally intended or not. Anyway, this gets an accept too!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot